The Caley 🔵🔴🦅 v Arbroath 🔥🐟

10 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

I love football - what an effort from everyone - I knew a result was coming soon.

Thanks to all the players for putting in another great shift.

This really is a yo-yo league - Arbroath only 2 points behind Morton who are 5th in the league !

Have a great weekend.

🤣 I wondered how long it would take for you to come out with a “telt ye” type post.

Repeating the same guff 10 times a week for 18 months doesn’t somehow make you a sage when we eventually win one.

A great, if slightly unexpected result and performances certainly seem to be improving under McIntyre but let’s just enjoy the winning feeling without the “I’ve known this was coming” type posts.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

🤣 I wondered how long it would take for you to come out with a “telt ye” type post.

Repeating the same guff 10 times a week for 18 months doesn’t somehow make you a sage when we eventually win one.

A great, if slightly unexpected result and performances certainly seem to be improving under McIntyre but let’s just enjoy the winning feeling without the “I’ve known this was coming” type posts.

My god, even when we get a win you can't help moaning.  

8 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

A much needed result today. Well done to every one of the squad that were involved today. Still does not make it right that we only had 3 players on the bench. This needs to be sorted ASAP.

If we didn't have 3 injuries and a suspension, the bench would've been pretty full. I do get where you are coming from though.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We have improved undoubtably since jug ears left. However, the appointment of a new manager isn’t going to immediately make folk flock to buy a half season ticket. 

Plus, I can’t see many folk wanting to fork out £20+ the week before Christmas in the pissing rain/wind.

What a dreadful second half performance, again. The switch to the back 4 didn’t work at all. It actually helped Arbroath as Harper was causing all sorts of problems down the left in the first half at wing back but he was pretty much anonymous in the second half. 

55 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

If we didn't have 3 injuries and a suspension, the bench would've been pretty full. I do get where you are coming from though.

Unfortunately there almost always will be suspensions and injuries. Actually 3 + 1  isn't even that bad. We are short staffed, no doubt about it.

We have improved undoubtably since jug ears left. However, the appointment of a new manager isn’t going to immediately make folk flock to buy a half season ticket. 

Not on the evidence of today.

Employing better players certainly made a difference but when some of these guys don't do their jobs it was the same old.

Fair play to Arbroath, they did what they had to do well.

As for blaming Scottish weather in December for a low / non attendance, I'm not sure that holds water.

I've decided to erase the game from my mind and listening to the Derek Adams interview on repeat certainly helps

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Just admit that all the Caley “fans” are on their way to Glasgow for the final 

Mixed up your months there, that was June, easy done im sure. When was Arbroath last at a cup final in Glasgow or anywhere?

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Plus, I can’t see many folk wanting to fork out £20+ the week before Christmas in the pissing rain/wind.

Aye I was just using the reasons specific to us, but I’m sure weather and time of year were a factor too

51 minutes ago, sophia said:

Not on the evidence of today.

Employing better players certainly made a difference but when some of these guys don't do their jobs it was the same old.

Fair play to Arbroath, they did what they had to do well.

As for blaming Scottish weather in December for a low / non attendance, I'm not sure that holds water.

1 game doesn’t define the season, we had 1 point from 6 games before he arrived and we’ve taken 15 points from 10 since then. There’s no doubt in my mind we’ve improved. Once the windows open and hopefully add some quality we’ll be more consistent 

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye I was just using the reasons specific to us, but I’m sure weather and time of year were a factor too

1 game doesn’t define the season, we had 1 point from 6 games before he arrived and we’ve taken 15 points from 10 since then. There’s no doubt in my mind we’ve improved. Once the windows open and hopefully add some quality we’ll be more consistent 

Yes, I've no doubt that employing better players will further improve our points per game statistic which currently stands at 0 from 2 and 3 from 4. Cut the stats any way, there's no evidence that we're good for play off games with what we have.

The weather today wasn't particularly cold, wet or windy so I'd expect anyone using that as an excuse for not going to resist the temptation to call for increased spending in January.

Absolutely massive win and didn’t really see it coming with injuries and suspensions wish I was in Inverness to celebrate it properly or even on the train to get pissed up. 

Jim starting to get his stamp on the squad and I can’t wait for January window to open 

There’s no doubt in my mind we’ve improved. Once the windows open and hopefully add some quality we’ll be more consistent 

I think excluding the addition of Wotherspoon the biggest difference is these players are actually playing for this manager.

I still think the team’s poor and recent results + performance suggest that. I agree we’ve a big window ahead, I think additions like Wotherspoon and Scott Allan a couple of years back thankfully show it doesn’t take major changes to launch a championship team up the table.

2 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I think excluding the addition of Wotherspoon the biggest difference is these players are actually playing for this manager.

I still think the team’s poor and recent results + performance suggest that. I agree we’ve a big window ahead, I think additions like Wotherspoon and Scott Allan a couple of years back thankfully show it doesn’t take major changes to launch a championship team up the table.

Isn’t Wotherspoon on a short-term contract to January?

7 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Aye Wotherspoon has definitely made a difference, even though it was only about 2/3 years ago I constantly forget Scott Allan played for us :lol: 

The leagues that tight you put 2/3 wins together in a row and you’ll jump 4/5 places in the table. 

Big window incoming as you say and for me securing 8ths the first priority for this season before we get any grand ideas