The Caley 🔵🔴🦅 v Arbroath 🔥🐟

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I hope the Arbroath fans are made to stand on the A9 to watch the game as retaliation for them punting us into the corner last time at Gayfield 

Bring more people, simples

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Are you suggesting that you were dangerously crowded into the area you were given? It didn't look anywhere near full!

Not at all saying we were dangerously crowded, just think it’s incredibly bad craic housing every away ran in a tiny wee corner where your view of about a quarter of the pitch is obscured by a pole and the stand. 

It was fairly full but not dangerously so

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Not at all saying we were dangerously crowded, just think it’s incredibly bad craic housing every away ran in a tiny wee corner where your view of about a quarter of the pitch is obscured by a pole and the stand. 

It was fairly full but not dangerously so

Have you ever been to Celtic Park? Even with the ground half empty, the away support get the worst seats in the house.

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Have you ever been to Celtic Park? Even with the ground half empty, the away support get the worst seats in the house.

What’s Celtic park got to do with Gayfield? I could understand if you lot had had a bumper crowd but there was about 1500 odd there that day.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

What’s Celtic park got to do with Gayfield? I could understand if you lot had had a bumper crowd but there was about 1500 odd there that day.

Precisely, what other teams do with their away support is irrelevant two wrongs don't make a right. There is no need for some away supports to be dumped there unnecessarily regardless of their numbers. They've paid the same as the home support so deserve a decent view.

I'm just pointing out that it's not uncommon for the travelling support to get the worst bits at away grounds. 

At Aberdeen, the away support get the uncovered seats. At Montrose, we've been given no seats at all, and the flat bit of uncovered terrace opposite the stand

Even at Inverness, away fans that prefer to watch from the side have to go behind the goals. That's life.

28 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Arbroath fans desperate for the game to be called off and comparing Gayfield to Celtic Park yet we're only on the first page. What a read.

Not desperate for it to be called off - just know that gusts up to 37mph is extremely windy. If gusts are over 40 I would expect a game at Gayfield to be off 

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not desperate for it to be called off - just know that gusts up to 37mph is extremely windy. If gusts are over 40 I would expect a game at Gayfield to be off 

I don't think we should ever be encouraging wind related call offs.  We should only call games off if there is a threat to life.

Why would you deprive us of entertaining games like the Scott "15 identical goal kicks shanked out of play" Fox one?

16 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Arbroath fans desperate for the game to be called off and comparing Gayfield to Celtic Park yet we're only on the first page. What a read.

Just tell them they're lucky they arent at Cappielow this weekend. We'd stick them in the WDE without a brolly.

By the way ... how was your trip up the A9 on Tuesday night?

Lengthy and salty?    Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

pla

Play like we did mid-week against Raith and we have a very good chance of getting something from that match.

It took a few weeks for the fringe players to settle into the team, but things are starting to gel - we are short of players, but their work rate and effort mid-week was very encouraging.

Very soon Arbroath are going to click - hopefully this Saturday ( it's a tough shift for the players having worked so hard mid-week, but we again and and a win can't be too far off).