The Caley πŸ”΅πŸ”΄πŸ¦… v Arbroath πŸ”₯🐟

19 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I think excluding the addition of Wotherspoon the biggest difference is these players are actually playing for this manager.

I still think the team’s poor and recent results + performance suggest that. I agree we’ve a big window ahead, I think additions like Wotherspoon and Scott Allan a couple of years back thankfully show it doesn’t take major changes to launch a championship team up the table.

For me, the biggest difference is it actually looks like we have a plan/style of play now. The players know what they have to do when they go out on the pitch when previously it seemed to be more of go out and hope for the best. We had a good group of players over the last two years so I felt that got us results more than anything tactical/plan.

Don’t get me wrong, the second half of the last two games have been very bad but in the first half of both games we have played some decent stuff and it looks like it has been worked on on the training ground. Β Our squad is obviously below average now so as you say January is massive to try and get quality and pace in the team. As it stands 8th would be the goal but if we can get a couple of good players in mid table with an outside shot of a playoff run, as the league is so tight, isn’t out of the question.

I love Big Dunc but my one criticism of him so far is waiting so long to make subs in the last 2 games. Granted he clearly doesn’t trust/rate the majority of the players on the bench, quite rightly, but it clearly wasn’t working and you needed to try something different.

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I love Big Dunc but my one criticism of him so far is waiting so long to make subs in the last 2 games. Granted he clearly doesn’t trust/rate the majority of the players on the bench, quite rightly, but it clearly wasn’t working and you needed to try something different.

This for me was a big annoyance on Tuesday, we were pretty pish most of the second half and we didn’t make a sub til about 75 minutes. I don’t think Dunc was allowed to communicate with the bench so that might be why.Β 
Β 

But as you say though, the quality on the bench just isn’t there. Lodovica, Sheridan and even Brooks (although the latter has potential) are all not at Championship standard. Wonder if we might see any Everton loanees in JanuaryΒ 

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

This for me was a big annoyance on Tuesday, we were pretty pish most of the second half and we didn’t make a sub til about 75 minutes. I don’t think Dunc was allowed to communicate with the bench so that might be why.Β 
Β 

But as you say though, the quality on the bench just isn’t there. Lodovica, Sheridan and even Brooks (although the latter has potential) are all not at Championship standard. Wonder if we might see any Everton loanees in JanuaryΒ 

I’m sure I spotted him on the phone during the second half of the Queens Park game so I think you can communicate to the bench, could be wrong with that though.

The only person on the bench that you would say is up to standard would be Welsh but he’s not someone you look to to try and get a goal, maybe could have given some more composure in the middle of the park I suppose.

Agreed on those front three. Lodovica is one of the worst footballers I’ve seen. No idea how he is a professional footballer. Sheridan looks like he just can’t be arsed and Brooks I will let off as he is young and coming from the lowland league so not exactly expecting him to be at this level yet.

We are in desperate need of pace in the final third, some of the moves break down as we get into good positions, mainly on the counter, but there just isn’t anyone far enough up the pitch to take advantage of it. I’m normally sceptical of loaning from Barclays teams. See Falkirk relegation season, some boy kicking about in the under 23s is normally utter shite and just a filler. Maybe Dunc would be able to get a better sort of standard though.

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

What happened to the young team that use to stand across fro.m the main Stand!?Β 

Very good question. No idea is the answer.

Happens fairly often where they don’t show up. It’s a weird one, if you are going to be in an Ultra group, or whatever you want to call it, surely the bare minimum requirement is to turn up to all the home games? Totally understand that every person can’t make every game but for none to be there is very strange.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Just admit that all the Caley β€œfans” are on their way to Glasgow for the finalΒ 

24 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

On there way to Hampden the mornΒ 

I know Inverness is in the north but how long do you boys think it takes to get from Inverness to Glasgow?Β :lol:

Edited by Central Belt Caley

23 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Very good question. No idea is the answer.

Happens fairly often where they don’t show up. It’s a weird one, if you are going to be in an Ultra group, or whatever you want to call it, surely the bare minimum requirement is to turn up to all the home games? Totally understand that every person can’t make every game but for none to be there is very strange.

Have the club and stewards chased them away?Β 

14 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Have the club and stewards chased them away?Β 

Not at all. The club have been very good with them in all honesty and the stewards, as far as I can tell, are pretty lenient.

As I said it’s a weird one as there is no reason for them not to be at the game.

19 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

So the β€œdie hards” only appear for the old firm?Β 

Not at all, Arbroath have been dragging bottom most of this season so not exactly a big tie, if it had been the Arbroath of a couple of Season's ago then we might have had some more bodies in attendance including more of your own.

19 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

I wondered how long it would take for you to come out with a β€œtelt ye” type post.

Dear of dear, you really are the Victor Meldrew of this forum, your posts are full of negativity - we record our first win for sometime and your first reaction is to post a grumpy message.

You seem determined to twist and turn comments around and put a spin on them - there was no "telt ye" posts - it's all part of your grumpiness and miserable outlook, trying to twist things around.

The team are playing well, their link up play is a pleasure to watch and their confidence has returned - the key now is to maintain these levels of consistency - we will continue to pick up points if we can keep the consistency going.

No keeping some people happy - it's almost as if you want the team to fail so you can post your negative comments.

Β 

Β 

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not at all, Arbroath have been dragging bottom most of this season so not exactly a big tie, if it had been the Arbroath of a couple of Season's ago then we might have had some more bodies in attendance including more of your own.

So what is a big tie then? Is Airdrie a big tie cause they had 5 points more than we did and were higher up the table at 12 noon Saturday? The games against the shit teams at home are the most enjoyable as a home fan because you will have a better chance of seeing your team attacking and scoring goals - you are right in regards to we brought a small away support but no idea what the hell it being Arbroath had to do with the home support Β 

Β 

Anyway none of it really mattersΒ