Places in Scotland you've never been to

2 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

The NC500 is made up tourist pish but the areas it goes through are stunning,it's just a shame that this once hidden gem of Scotland has been marketed to oblivion,almost totally ruining what made it amazing in the first place.

I've never,to my shame,been to ardnamurchan,slept in Skye or the island off the north coast of Skye,is it raasay?perhaps should make this the year to go to these places

I agree. My wife wanted to go back to some of those places in the summer til I explained how the wee roads were full of twonks in camper vans who can't drive unless it's a freeway.

A shame, as you say it's beautiful up there (been pre marketing).

Never been north past Inverness. The change in accent unnerves me as low as Fort William. The furthest I've been is Skye on the west coast and Inverness up the East coast. No fixed plans to go, just a vague idea that it needs done at some point.

48 minutes ago, highlandmac said:

The NC500 is made up tourist pish but the areas it goes through are stunning,it's just a shame that this once hidden gem of Scotland has been marketed to oblivion,almost totally ruining what made it amazing in the first place.

I've never,to my shame,been to ardnamurchan,slept in Skye or the island off the north coast of Skye,is it raasay?perhaps should make this the year to go to these places

Totally agree.  Scotland has so much East Coast and West Coast that it was a novelty to think it also had a North Coast.  Not any more.

Ardnamurchan is a long drive.  On both occasions that I went there, I then took the ferry to Tobermory and went back that way.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Loch Lomond earlier this year. I was fizzing tbh. Every one should be dusted for prints and the perpetrators tracked down and kicked in the baws/fanny. c***s. 

IMG_20231008_172021675.jpg

Is this at Luss?

The saddest thing about that is that nobody carries spare padlocks with them, they've actually gone to a shop and bought a padlock for the purposes of showing everyone what a c**t they are. Wouldn't surprise me if the gift shop in Luss is selling these at a fiver a go. 

10 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

In tribute to the bard, and because I'm an insufferable pedant, the line is "the best laid schemes . . . ".

That Onthank place in Killie (of the infamous documentary series with Marvin, Bullet etc.) can never lay claim to being one of the best laid schemes, that's for sure. I'm not sure Rabbie's musings were about depressing social housing right enough. However, for me that would have to go in a (shite) Places in Scotland you have been to thread.

The Hebridean Islands are somewhere that I definitely do want to make the effort to get to. Some truly stunning scenery and beaches, and would love to spend a couple of weeks experiencing the island way of life. I need to make a point of it in the next couple of years.

I've never been to the Western Isles.  I've not been to anywhere in Argyll, except for Oban when I was very small.  I've not been to places like Largs or Millport or those sorts of places on that side of the country.

I've been most places in the Highlands as a kid being dragged around places on outings, I've been most places in the Borders on holiday as my dad is from there.  Prettty much anywhere with a football team I've been to as well.

The Northern Isles

I've been to Stornaway but never not explored the Western Isles including Skye.

The corner of Scotland above Ullapool to Thurso, including Durness.

Fife east of Kirkcaldy which includes St. Andrews.

I've been to Mull and Iona but none of the other Hebrides.

I've only walked up Ben Wyvis, no other Munros.

Using football grounds as a reference for which towns and villages - Kelty, Pittmedden, Turriff, East Kilbride, Tranent, Blairgowrie, Kirriemuir, Carnoustie, Scone, Halkirk, Bonar Bridge, Maud, I've seen both Ellen and Dyce plenty of times from transport but never set foot on that land. Stonehaven, Longside, Broxburn, Crossgates, Cardenden, Haddington, Passing Luncarty on the A9 doesn't really count, Penicuik, Blackburn, Denny, Crosshill, Newtongrange, Oakley, Prestonpans, St. Andrews, Innerleithen, Whitburn, Rosewell, Armadale, Coldstream, Dalkeith, Easthouses, Ormiston, Peebles, Thornton, Bathgate, Fauldhouse, Harthill, Lochgelly, Stoneyburn, West Calder, West Linton, New Abbey, Creetown, Dalbeattie, Lochmaben, Lockerbie, Newton Stewart, Moffat, Wigtown, Sanquhar, Beith, Clydebank, Cumnock, Darvel, New Cumnock, Hurlford, Troon, Blantyre, Johnstone, Kilwinning, Maybole, Neilston, Renfrew (Town), Rutherglen, Shotts, Viewpark, Ardrossan, Dalmellington, Forth, Kilsyth, Muirkirk, Wishaw, Stevenston, Bellshill, Dalry, Girvan, Kirkconnel, Lanark (Town), Lesmahagow, Port Glasgow, Alexandria, Campbeltown, Giffnock, Lugar, Newmains, Saltcoats, Stonehouse, Banchory, Whitehills, Eyemouth, Duns.

Plenty of these places I've passed through or by on public transport by never set foot on, I don't count them. Not too bothered about the town list and the football grounds, more interested in visiting Orkney, Shetland or any of the Western Islands now. Never been to Skye ffs :rolleyes: I don't like these tourist ridden places very much. Still plenty of places away from people to visit.