Fan owned Heart of Midlothian vs Fan Owned St Mirren

12 hours ago, Eckauskas said:

Must've lifted Gogics invisibility cloak on the way out the dressing room.

Gogic? The guy that got booked after 15 seconds.

That Gogic?

Ah! Okay, got you now, Shankland had it from the start of the game.  Makes sense now.

Had to be something like that.

10 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I mean it was Gogic who pulled Denholm back and it was a fairly obvious yellow even so early. Daft challenge

Two things - he first booked TAYLOR for that challenge.

15 minutes later Halkett did an even clearer shirt pull on Ayunga.  Ref played advantage, then gave a foul after a second foul on Ayunga.

No card.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Gogic? The guy that got booked after 15 seconds.

That Gogic?

Ah! Okay, got you now, Shankland had it from the start of the game.  Makes sense now.

Had to be something like that.

The Gogic that the referee tried desperately not to book after 15 seconds.

Hope you enjoyed your day out yesterday.

15 minutes later Halkett did an even clearer shirt pull on Ayunga.  Ref played advantage, then gave a foul after a second foul on Ayunga.

No card.

The two fouls weren't similar.at all other than being shirt pulls. Gogic pulled Denholm on the edge of the box going towards goal. Ayunga wasn't.

36 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

The two fouls weren't similar.at all other than being shirt pulls. Gogic pulled Denholm on the edge of the box going towards goal. Ayunga wasn't.

You must be thinking of a different shirt pull.

Ayunga was absolutely heading towards goal.

But - a clear shirt pull to stop an attack even further away from goal almost always leads to a yellow card.

Indeed Boyd Munce got booked for a tug on a Hearts player in the Hearts half.  Ref played advantage, and booked him later.

Double standards.

1 hour ago, Eckauskas said:

The Gogic that the referee tried desperately not to book after 15 seconds.

Hope you enjoyed your day out yesterday.

Leaving the 'P&B Bants' aside, why do you think he initially booked a big black guy rather than a wee white guy for what people are saying was a really clear foul and yellow card?

Leaving the 'P&B Bants' aside, why do you think he initially booked a big black guy rather than a wee white guy for what people are saying was a really clear foul and yellow card?

I've no idea, have you asked Nick Walsh?

22 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

It looks to me as if it was something along the lines of Advantage was being  played after Taylor’s shirt pull on Oda when Gogic committed the foul on Denholm. VAR called a yellow and the ref, not unreasonably, but wrongly, assumed it was for the first foul as opposed to the second. 

I’m not a qualified referee so I could be wrong but the idea that the misunderstanding was over which particular incident seems more plausible than mistaken identity 

Merry Christmas and good luck for the rest of the season 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 24/12/2023 at 12:03, Bobby_F said:

No card.

Unless I missed something, I wasn't sure what Gogic's early booking was for, but the commentary thought there was a foul in there. It was all generally a bit messy from both St Mirren players 🤷

Is this the same Gogic who did that funny wee leap thing in the cup final vs St Johnstone a couple of seasons ago? Think it was Wotherspoon that somehow managed to not piss himself laughing and cross in a lovely ball for St Johnstone to score… to this day no matter how many times I see it replayed, I have no idea what he was thinking.