Fan owned Heart of Midlothian vs Fan Owned St Mirren

if you’ve not booked tickets for this already then you’ll need to hurry. I tried booking tickets earlier and it was already impossible to get two seats next to each other 

We’re on better form and at home so logic suggests hearts should win this but then again logic suggested, somewhat more strongly, that we’d get beat at Parkhead 

27 minutes ago, Craigie Jambo said:

Think the TE will burst into being quite soon

Probably
I was trying to get a ticket for my brother who's going to be up from London for Christmas but there are presumably plenty of Edinburgh based Jambos who will find themselves stranded far from Tynecastle

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Probably
I was trying to get a ticket for my brother who's going to be up from London for Christmas but there are presumably plenty of Edinburgh based Jambos who will find themselves stranded far from Tynecastle

Yes, plenty will be away for Christmas I imagine; there should be a minimum of 500 available on TE soon after it opens

I'm going to do something I pretty much never do and predict a bit of a walloping for us in this game. We've been pish for pretty much weeks now. Combine that with Hearts looking decent and Tynecastle not being a particularly happy hunting ground for us at the best of times and it all amounts to a bit of a gubbing for me.

Hopefully we can return to our early season form as inexplicably as it disappeared, but I can't see it.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm going to do something I pretty much never do and predict a bit of a walloping for us in this game. We've been pish for pretty much weeks now. Combine that with Hearts looking decent and Tynecastle not being a particularly happy hunting ground for us at the best of times and it all amounts to a bit of a gubbing for me.

Hopefully we can return to our early season form as inexplicably as it disappeared, but I can't see it.

I'd have Hearts as slight favourites here, but we don't really wallop anybody. We've scored 17 goals in 17 league games.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hearts win 1-0/2-0.

We struggle with St Mirren. They disrupt our midfield well, and we rarely play well against them over the last couple of years. Do fancy Hearts this time though.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 16/12/2023 at 22:13, topcat(The most tip top) said:

if you’ve not booked tickets for this already then you’ll need to hurry. I tried booking tickets earlier and it was already impossible to get two seats next to each other 

We’re on better form and at home so logic suggests hearts should win this but then again logic suggested, somewhat more strongly, that we’d get beat at Parkhead 

On that first point - similar with the Ross County match just before Hogmanay. I tarried [note: antiquated word - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/tarried - suggest alternative word, e.g. delayed, dallied, didn't remove finger from arse]and missed out on decent seats next to each other.... I'm now gonna be in the Roseburn low down behind the goals, which I haven't been for ages 

On this match.... I feel like we only just did all the Hearts - St Mirren 1986 beef a few weeks ago?!?

Edited by Stylish Kid
Alleged bigotry?? Seriously, this fucking country, specifically the West bit?!

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

On that first point - similar with the Ross County match just before Hogmanay. I tarried and missed out on decent seats next to each other.... I'm now gonna be in the Roseburn low down behind the goals, which I haven't been for ages 

On this match.... I feel like we only just did all the Hearts - St Mirren 1986 beef a few weeks ago?!?

Oooft diets gonna diet 😅

2 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

I don't even know the meaning of what you're going for...  I was using an antiquated word that means to delay:

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/tarried

I think you're revealing more about yourself than me

It's an unfortunate choice of words then as the derogatory term for a Roman Catholic "tarrier" oft used by fans of The Rangers is derived from the same antiquated word. It was used in the context of them allegedly being lay abouts.

Apologies if you genuinely didn't realise that.