Fan owned Heart of Midlothian vs Fan Owned St Mirren

23 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This forum really is a thorough education in west of Scotland hate speech

No idea if it is west coast or highland or whatever, and I know it isn’t sectarian or anything, but what the f**k is “minter” all about? Never heard anyone use that term in 44 years of living in Edinburgh. Where did that come from? Never even seen it written until I joined here. 

26 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

No idea if it is west coast or highland or whatever, and I know it isn’t sectarian or anything, but what the f**k is “minter” all about? Never heard anyone use that term in 44 years of living in Edinburgh. Where did that come from? Never even seen it written until I joined here. 

First seen “Minter” from a Dons fan on here …..can’t remember when, but definitely from P and B

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

IMG_5671.thumb.jpeg.4d9e89f386bc66fab4a6dff12c8f614c.jpeg

A repeat of this games score line please. 

IMG_5672.thumb.jpeg.8c53c23eb677ee11d4ddbc27300a94f6.jpeg

Not sure I have the time to pull up the amount of roastings (just the ones I’ve seen) we’ve given st liedoon. 

unlikely a roasting this weekend but a win to go in the record books of wee Celtic & big Celtic done  back to back ☑️ 

5 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Not sure I have the time to pull up the amount of roastings (just the ones I’ve seen) we’ve given st liedoon. 

unlikely a roasting this weekend but a win to go in the record books of wee Celtic & big Celtic done  back to back ☑️ 

IMG_5673.thumb.jpeg.17f5056c0c6cc3831c8a3a7688bd102c.jpeg

51 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

First seen “Minter” from a Dons fan on here …..can’t remember when, but definitely from P and B

Does sound like some highland thing. What’s the etymology of it anyway? 

54 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

With midi Celtic to come after that. :lol: 

44 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Does sound like some highland thing. What’s the etymology of it anyway? 

So……after googling etymology I’ve found that the calling of someone a Minter ,a particularly popular phrase among Dundonians , is a reference to being ashamed or embarrassed as in “I can’t believe you said that, you’re a pure Minter”

I am all the better for this cultural cracker, many thanks to the World Wide Web 😂

3 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Penfold is a nazi

That would be Evil Baron Silas Von Penfold. Penfold's  counterpart from another dimension(Series 1 Episode 35: Masters of the Twystyverse)

IMG_0098.webp

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Hope everyone can join in solidarity abusing that horrible Tory c**t.

I'll be booing the portly little shit and I won't even be in attendance.

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, meadowroadsaint said:

So……after googling etymology I’ve found that the calling of someone a Minter ,a particularly popular phrase among Dundonians , is a reference to being ashamed or embarrassed as in “I can’t believe you said that, you’re a pure Minter”

I am all the better for this cultural cracker, many thanks to the World Wide Web 😂

Ah… it’s Dundonian. Explains things. I’ll not be adopting that. I will stick to riddy or beamer. 😄