Fan owned Heart of Midlothian vs Fan Owned St Mirren

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He was a smashin' player (AKA awful c**t 🤣).

Just looked at his Wiki page which suggests he scored 41 goals for Hearts in 92 appearances. That's quite incredible for a guy who was essentially a midfielder (albeit a very attacking one). 

I see he only got 7 caps for the Czech Republic. I find that very surprising as I don't recall the Czech being particularly good around the time of his peak. Surely he was worth a good few more caps than that?

Played at left-back at other clubs (Southampton for one), so possibly something to do with it. When we signed him the second time, Jim Jefferies wanted Tony Capaldi instead, but Romanov insisted… thankfully.

He was a top quality player for us. My favourite since Robertson.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Rudi Skacel owned St Mirren in a way only matched by the way St Mirren own Hearts in cup semi finals and finals.

We seem to do better in the big cup, much like Rudi Skacel. 

22 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I remember him running the show despite Hearts being down to 10 men for most of the game. We went up 2-1 and ended up losing 5-2.

Did he score 4 in that game?

Always dreaded him playing. Great player.

Hated playing Hearts with Skacel in the team, it was basically like playing them with a 1 goal handicap.

On 21/12/2023 at 11:56, Tony Wonder said:

Just the hat-trick. Sure he got 2 separate hat-tricks against you. The game you refer to, we went down to 10 men after 12 minutes.

I was in the ground for that one. Utterly ridiculous. Even worse (for me) was the fact that I'd not updated my postal address on the Saints online ticket portal at the time, and had to go to collect my match ticket from my ex's house. Fucking hell she hated me 😂

Go through that to see Skacel ripping the piss. Didn't need it.

On 21/12/2023 at 12:58, AW saint said:

Nothing against Hearts but would love to make Naismith very unhappy with a win. He is the most moaning faced boss in the SPFL. 

Nah, Robson 100%

Even though Naismith's nasal West Coast whine lends itself to taking the crown, I will never tire of seeing Robson looking unhappy 

On 21/12/2023 at 14:46, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He was a smashin' player (AKA awful c**t 🤣).

Just looked at his Wiki page which suggests he scored 41 goals for Hearts in 92 appearances. That's quite incredible for a guy who was essentially a midfielder (albeit a very attacking one). 

I see he only got 7 caps for the Czech Republic. I find that very surprising as I don't recall the Czech being particularly good around the time of his peak. Surely he was worth a good few more caps than that?

Hmm I think when he initially signed they were 2nd in the Fifa rankings, and I don't think they plummeted that quickly?

16 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Hmm I think when he initially signed they were 2nd in the Fifa rankings, and I don't think they plummeted that quickly?

Really? I knew they had a great team in the mid/late 90s with the likes of Poborsky, Nedved, Koller etc, but I thought they’d have regressed a bit by the late 00s. 

Hearts sustained financial doping over the best part of a decade certainly allowed them to sign players they shouldn’t have been able to afford, and Skacel was one of them.
It’s been no surprise to see their rapid regression since they had to stop cheating. They’ve had two relegations and zero trophies in the years since their administration. Pesky living within your means just ain’t as fun!
As for the game, we’ve lost five away matches in a row, so it’s hard to expect anything different here. But then again we have won at both Easter Road and Tynecastle since April, so maybe our awful form on the road doesn’t count as much in Edinburgh. 
0-0

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Boyce and Grant out tomorrow and likely the Derby. Shame, Boyce would've been a good option at least form the bench and Grant was excellent against Celtic.  Boy can't seem to get a decent run of games for one reason or another.

We might have to play Lowry then. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'd play Mckay, it could be more of a 3-4-2-1.

Or 343 with one of vargas/Tagawa/Oda starting for a bit pace.

We will see. If McKay is ready to start then put him on. It'll be interesting to see how he goes into this game.

The surprise move for me in the last game at Celtic Park was when Naismith took off Denholm & Forrest for McKay & Vargas. I thought it was brave. 

55 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

We will see. If McKay is ready to start then put him on. It'll be interesting to see how he goes into this game.

The surprise move for me in the last game at Celtic Park was when Naismith took off Denholm & Forrest for McKay & Vargas. I thought it was brave. 

If was brave, a lot more than the subs when leading at Ibrox. I'm actually hopeful that's a good sign that Naismith can learn from his mistakes. 

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Halkett is a bit of a worry for me due to his lack of sharpness and pace - too soon for him and McKay to be starting games, imo - hope I'm wrong - I usually am.

Score draw - one-all. 

I agree, it can take a while for players to find their match sharpness and they have a settled side.

I like the attitude of Oda but he's a bit like a headless chicken.