Fan owned Heart of Midlothian vs Fan Owned St Mirren

About as comfy as you'll get. Shankland was great but should've got 3. Tait missed a big chance, Beni should've scored, Denholm could've as well.

St Mirren created barely anything til they were 2 down.

We were aggressive and played on the front foot. Wing backs were very good again on both sides of the ball.

Good day. Slightly disappointed we couldn't convert the pressure into another but more than acceptable. 

Another exceptionally frustrating afternoon for St Mirren. It is becoming all a bit common in recent months and it does genuinely feel like a malaise is starting to set in among the players and even an element of the support.

I have never been in the 'Robinson doesn't have a Plan B' camp, but some of his decision making today was suspect beyond belief. Jamieson getting shifted into RWB was just bizarre at a time when we were chasing our tail just summed up the fact he actually seems married to this system for better or worse. 

Overall, it was a well deserved victory for Hearts this afternoon. They were better than us in every single department. It pains me to say but Shankland was the difference. The most frustrating aspect however, is I think that Hearts team is there for the taking but we didn't even lay a glove on them – Small's strike aside. After that was cleared off the line, it was almost like we knew it wasn't going to be our day and flung the towel in.

PS. When are folk going to stop causing a rammy over 'their seats' at away games. That's been four away matches in a row where some moron has tried causing a fight over it. 

2 minutes ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

PS. When are folk going to stop causing a rammy over 'their seats' at away games. That's been four away matches in a row where some moron has tried causing a fight over it. 

I thought the unwritten rule for away games was sit where you want?

52 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I thought the unwritten rule for away games was sit where you want?

That’s alright if there’s plenty of space available but it’s going to be problematic if it’s a sell out

ETA: Although thankfully it’s 25 years since I was a steward so it’s nor my problem to deal with

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

About as comfy as you'll get. Shankland was great but should've got 3. Tait missed a big chance, Beni should've scored, Denholm could've as well.

St Mirren created barely anything til they were 2 down.

We were aggressive and played on the front foot. Wing backs were very good again on both sides of the ball.

Good day. Slightly disappointed we couldn't convert the pressure into another but more than acceptable. 

Our passing is what made that so comfy. Fast and accurate. Robinson has only ever played one way against us, and it seems like Naismith sussed him. Robinson busted Robbie’s flush with Snodgrass sitting deep. Difference is Neilson just stuck to the same thing week after week and eventually the run of losses did him in. 

I am turned around on Naismith now. I am pretty happy with how he is doing.

42 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

I am turned around on Naismith now. I am pretty happy with how he is doing.

I'm not all the way convinced, the Derby will go a long way towards that, but today was encouraging. We followed up a great win last week with a really good performance today.

All in though, 6 wins in 8. Cannot complain at that.

6 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Is Shankland unbookable?

Almost every game he should get at least one yellow for dissent. Then there's the dives, the niggly fouls.

And then there's elbowing someone in the chest off the ball when you're angry.

Tumbleweed.

Must've lifted Gogics invisibility cloak on the way out the dressing room.

6 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

That was a really weird one.

How can he mix up Taylor for Gogic - one's a skinhead, the other is 4 inches taller with afro hair - they're not even the same colour.

I mean it was Gogic who pulled Denholm back and it was a fairly obvious yellow even so early. Daft challenge

Some ref decisions were just crazy, booked Tanser for getting clattered, failed to book Atkinson for going through back of grieve in first half but then booked him for same thing in the second half. Gogic slightly lucky after an early booking then he touched McKay who went down like he’s been hit by a train, fortunately got away with it as McKay tried his best. 2-0 was fair but hearts missed a couple other chances we gifted them, won’t say too much about Oda except he’s learnt his trade from the same school as Nakamura