Gen Z “suffering menu anxiety at restaurants”

ICTChris

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Use the app. I'm amazed more people don't.

I wouldn't say I get anxious about this, but any time i'm in that Bavaria Brauhaus I find myself in a bit of a quandary when it comes to ordering say a Löwenbräu

Pronounce it correctly and there's a chance that A the server will be confused or B think that i'm a bit of a dick; pronounce it wrongly and I avoid both A and B but just get annoyed at myself for bottling correctly pronouncing a German beer in a German themed bar.

I was completely fcuked yesterday. Visited that furniture store Ikk-eee-ahh, nearly got hit by a Hoonday Kona driver on the way in, then couldn’t find the Schhoovendoofer drawer unit I was after. Got to the car to find I was blocked in my parking space by a badly parked Shhhhkoda Octavia, and ended up so stressed that I nipped into a pub for a Lowenbrow. Thank Christ I don’t own a Longjeans watch, I might not be responsible for my actions.

• 3 weeks later...

Navigating through mental health challenges, especially in today's fast-paced world, can be overwhelming. The constant bombardment of information and societal pressures can exacerbate things. It's crucial to acknowledge the reality of depression and its impact. Understanding neurotypical symptoms and how they manifest in various situations can shed light on our mental landscape.

Edited by lambcherylnn

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/12/2023 at 10:02, scottsdad said:

On the gluten thing, over time my missus has become more and more intolerant of various foods. In particular bread and pasta - if she eats too much it gives her really bad stomach cramps. Also most types of juice and wine, if she drinks them give her serious bad guts. She can only really drink Irn Bru and one type of wine. 

This has developed over the years. 

The GI that I don't get is the ducks......

When I was kid ducks coped being fed bread just fine.

When my now adult son was wee took him to the park and fed the ducks bread and they were fine.

Now have a wee one again and suddenly every duck in the park is GI and giving them bread will kill them.

When in the last 30 to 40 years did every duck on the planet develop GI,

I say stuff them with bread and eat the ungrateful sods.

7 hours ago, dddavidsons said:

I totally get that! Gen Z and menu anxiety, right? So many options! Personally, I feel a bit overwhelmed too. By the way, have you ever heard of the "empty nester" phase? It's this interesting time when parents find themselves alone as the kids fly the coop. Kinda like navigating a complex menu of life choices!

Interesting to see bots now edit posts to try to make them appear not bots

20 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

The GI that I don't get is the ducks......

When I was kid ducks coped being fed bread just fine.

When my now adult son was wee took him to the park and fed the ducks bread and they were fine.

Now have a wee one again and suddenly every duck in the park is GI and giving them bread will kill them.

When in the last 30 to 40 years did every duck on the planet develop GI,

I say stuff them with bread and eat the ungrateful sods.

Experts tell you that about all birds, but my crow and magpie army eat practically anything.

On 19/12/2023 at 10:27, BFTD said:

We really do need a "young people are bad and no good and I don't like them" thread. We could have dozens of these individual ones. Avocado toast lol.

Speaking from experience, the Boomers would love it, and probably every generation before and after them, once they hit middle-age. It's staggering how many people forget the bitter roasting they took from the crusties when they were teenagers.

Outside of Junior football or whatever they call it these days, there can't be too many boomers left.

23 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Outside of Junior football or whatever they call it these days, there can't be too many boomers left.

They're all scrolling through Facebook on their tablets 80% of the day, complaining about youths being glued to their phones.

ETA: just went onto the local community FB page (a favourite haunt for them) only to see some young mum getting it in the neck for attempting to outsource some ironing.  Slightly concerned about the "I love ironing" replies though.

Edited by Hedgecutter

22 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Apparently the baby boom finished in 1964, so the youngest are only 59 now.

My generation seems to be doing just fine in taking over from them. The Karens love to moan about youngsters to their manager. It'll be interesting to see how the Millennials end up being c***s to their offspring.

14 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

What's the latest outfit called?

Those born in the 2020s

Generation Alpha, I believe.

On 01/02/2024 at 19:09, 101 said:

I think most people would have anxiety visiting this cafe in Bangkok.

Screenshot_20240201-110720.jpg

I'm  more interested in what you were searching to get that? 

18 hours ago, BFTD said:

Apparently the baby boom finished in 1964, so the youngest are only 59 now.

My generation seems to be doing just fine in taking over from them. The Karens love to moan about youngsters to their manager. It'll be interesting to see how the Millennials end up being c***s to their offspring.

I'm fair chuffed to be called young, hasn't happened in a while!