Rovers v Lichties - 30 Dec, 2023

Weather forecast seems to be looking less and less positive for Saturday, especially later in the day. Hopefully game will be able to go ahead, but could be challenging for those travelling from further afield, especially via the trains. Hoping to come down from the Highlands for this one, but will need to see what Scotrail are saying tomorrow and Saturday morning. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Kuma Power said:

Weather forecast seems to be looking less and less positive for Saturday, especially later in the day. Hopefully game will be able to go ahead, but could be challenging for those travelling from further afield, especially via the trains. Hoping to come down from the Highlands for this one, but will need to see what Scotrail are saying tomorrow and Saturday morning. Fingers crossed.

Scotrail as usual will drop services at the slightest bit of a problem, or more likely will cancel services north of Dundee and start from there. Same is likely with LNER services, they'll terminate at Edinburgh. 

1 hour ago, Kuma Power said:

Forecast is actually improving…now down to light rain at 60% chance from moderate at 80%…winds are moving to ESE from NE, marginally better for fans and means the stands will block more of it. The rail closings are the current bugbear.

Folks. I'll miss Saturday due to illness. Actually been in hospital (Vic) since 23rd and hopefully getting home tomorrow, but if Tx isn't wheeled out at half time in a ten gallon hat, a western shirt, leather waistcoat and chaps, a pair of snakeskin boots, spinning two 6 shooters and chewing baccy, I'll be very disappointed. Oh and of course needs to be part of the Inside Matchday feature.

Please make it happen.

Edited by Brashy's Boots

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Folks. I'll miss Saturday due to illness. Actually been in hospital (Vic) since 23rd and hopefully getting home tomorrow, but if Tx isn't wheeled out at half time in a ten gallon hat, a western shirt, leather waistcoat and chaps, a pair of snakeskin boots, spinning two 6 shooters and chewing baccy, I'll be very disappointed. Oh and of course needs to be part of the Inside Matchday feature.

Please make it happen.

Get well soon 👍🏻

Absolute pits of a day weather-wise, especially in the afternoon, according to the forecast ten minutes ago. Transient snow turning to heavy rain with strong gusts of wind. Not going to be too much silky soccer on show. Could well be a bit of a lottery as to which team adjusts better to the conditions.

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Scotrail as usual will drop services at the slightest bit of a problem, or more likely will cancel services north of Dundee and start from there. Same is likely with LNER services, they'll terminate at Edinburgh. 

Sounds like Scotrail. Got stranded in Montrose a while back when they cancelled a train. Station worker said it happens regularly as they get cash from the Scottish government to run extra trains, pocket the cash and then just compensate the handful of customers they’ve shafted. 

Hopefully the trains are running for the Arbroath fans was shite when they cancelled them on the Dundee Utd fans. 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

At least the pitch won't be heavy.

Safe travels when you do begin your journey though @TxRover be a bit of a b*****d if you can get to starks from Texas and the game is called off. 

Appreciate it…London looks easy enough, but BA is already hedging the flight to EDI as possibly delayed…plus the b*****ds shutdown the DLR this weekend so getting to London City from Heathrow will suck. Perhaps BA will shuffle me to a flight from Heathrow.

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Please make it happen.

I got the chaps, but you don’t want to see that! Get well soon!!

Edited by TxRover

14 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Please make it happen.

DFW confiscated my six-shooters, the hat is 10x beaver but too big for my bags, and the chaps and vest won’t survive the rain…sorry to disappoint.

21 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Am I right in saying that Rovers use that Fanbase app for ticket sales? 

That rules me out as I don't know how to use it, last time against Spartans I had to go down to their ground and complain as I was expecting an email, will Raith be selling tickets at the ground if I do come to the game. 

1 minute ago, Housecaptain said:

That rules me out as I don't know how to use it, last time against Spartans I had to go down to their ground and complain as I was expecting an email, will Raith be selling tickets at the ground if I do come to the game. 

You can call the ticket office and collect tickets from there.