Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic - Goodbye 2023

50 minutes ago, par-adise said:

What happened to Bene? 

Seemed to pull up after kicking the ball up the park late on. Was hobbling around for the last few minutes, clearly struggling. Medical team rushed to him at the final whistle. Didn’t look good.

There has got to be a reason for this. It can’t be all be bad luck. Surely the conditioning in training is suspect for this to happen? 

We need centre halves before 2nd January if that’s Breen and Bene out again. Simple as. What a farce.  

When Bene came on for Breen, I said to my mates he is going to get an injury. It wasn't a baseless guess but the fact it's a cold day, he's just back and it's his first game time. He was rushed on to replace Breen so his warm up may not have been enough. Low and behold it happened and its a muscle or hamstring issue by the look of it as he got it from clearing the ball..not froma challenge. 

Edited by Heaton

I think both teams can feel they dropped two points in that one. Dunfermline should’ve been out of site in the first half but we came right back into in the second half and had our final ball been better we might’ve won it. 

Neither side will go down and it’s painfully clear that whoever finishes fourth (won’t be us) will not threaten in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Neither side will go down and it’s painfully clear that whoever finishes fourth (won’t be us) will not threaten in the playoffs. 

I don't particularly share your confidence here. That first half today is worse than anything I've seen any other team in this division produce.  

3 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I don't particularly share your confidence here. That first half today is worse than anything I've seen any other team in this division produce.  

I think every team is capable of dropping a performance like that. Partick were much the same last night. I think we have good options going forward and Young and Dempsey were imposing in the second half. 

I think if we can get a couple decent signings in January we’ll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Enjoyed all the comments after ten minutes from Pars fans about how abysmal we were, worst they've seen etc. Time for some self reflection lads... 

You were very bad though and fortunate not to be 4 down. It was like your players were playing with clown shoes on. You got a goal from us slipping and got confidence from it. 

We were shocking the 2nd half and couldn’t get out our own half most of the time. 

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Enjoyed all the comments after ten minutes from Pars fans about how abysmal we were, worst they've seen etc. Time for some self reflection lads... 

Your own fans on here were doing plenty self reflecting to be fair

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

You were very bad though and fortunate not to be 4 down. It was like your players were playing with clown shoes on. You got a goal from us slipping and got confidence from it. 

We were shocking the 2nd half and couldn’t get out our own half most of the time. 

None of that comes as a surprise to us now though. But the fact you failed to finish us off..does that make you as bad as us?

34 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Still you couldn't beat an injury ravaged team with half an hour to go. Maybe you need to reflect.

2 hours ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

In summary; we are both shite. Happy New Year lads.

🤝

35 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Hate to break it to you mate but you *are* absolutely shite.

The fact that we are too does not change that fact.