Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic - Goodbye 2023

21 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It has been monsoon weather here this week, serious downpours, I think that if the game had been today, it might have been off. It's eased off a lot in the last few hours so if it stays like this, there will be no issue. 

There would have been rumblings coming out the club by now i'm pretty sure if there were any concerns, surely...

6 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Right....

Someone deffo reads the P&B from the club lol 

There's an insider among us

I know it's not me... which one of you is it?

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

North Stand has really come on since I last saw it!

Edited by Trogdor

Guess you’ve got to blood new guys at some point and if I was in charge of referee appointments a mid-season game between 2 evenly matched sides who will probably both be in the same division next year is a reasonable choice to do that.

I reserve my right to completely change my opinion by 3:05 and yell at the inexperienced c**t who doesn’t have a clue and go back to junior football.

17 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Good to see we've got a ref tomorrow that has only ever done 3 championship matches in his life, one of them was our midweek game away to Partick and i watched it on stream and remember some baffling decisions.

Bodes well for tomorrow...

Excuses in early is it?

But seriously, how do you expect refs to get experience?

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Guess you’ve got to blood new guys at some point and if I was in charge of referee appointments a mid-season game between 2 evenly matched sides who will probably both be in the same division next year is a reasonable choice to do that.

I reserve my right to completely change my opinion by 3:05 and yell at the inexperienced c**t who doesn’t have a clue and go back to junior football.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Excuses in early is it?

Don't disagree but there'll always be clangers along the way as they progress and you always hope it isn't going to impact your team/game

2 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Right....

Someone deffo reads the P&B from the club lol 

There's an insider among us

Good to see the development coming along. Looks fantastic. Sorry if I missed it but what's the plan? Terracing? Seats? Split between home and away fans as it is now?

18 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Good to see the development coming along. Looks fantastic. Sorry if I missed it but what's the plan? Terracing? Seats? Split between home and away fans as it is now?

The front of the North Terracing is being left untouched but the majority of it is a new stand which is all seater with a new hospitality suite built in. The overall attendance is pretty much as it was but it should hopefully help generate a fair bit more cash through hospitality and help modernise the stadium a bit whilst retaining some of its history. 

I’m not too sure how the split will work for away fans. If it were up to me I’d keep it solely for home fans and let away fans have the Railway End and the small section of the main stand. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not too sure how the split will work for away fans. If it were up to me I’d keep it solely for home fans and let away fans have the Railway End and the small section of the main stand. 

This is the way.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Excuses in early is it?

They could work their way up the leagues and be promoted based on performance rather than subject us to some of the most naïve, frustrating individuals every year. 

The fact there are now 4th officials and VAR teams means the talent pool is shallower than ever....and Colin Stevens is one of the "top" ones. 

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

What’s Ayr TV like? Hoping to find a stream on the firestick tomorrow. I noticed ParsTV tweeted to say Ayr refused them the chance to stream which is a blessing, the output is trash.

I haven't watched it unmuted for a long time. Its good and bad:

Lauren who summarises is excellent.

Calum who is the commentator can be trying. It might not be as bad for an away fan but as a home fan every time the opposition cross the half way it sounds like he is having palpitations. It sets me ill at ease when watching. He may have improved.

28 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I haven't watched it unmuted for a long time. Its good and bad:

Lauren who summarises is excellent.

Calum who is the commentator can be trying. It might not be as bad for an away fan but as a home fan every time the opposition cross the half way it sounds like he is having palpitations. It sets me ill at ease when watching. He may have improved.

He hasn’t improved but most crosses do cause us problems no matter where they are from