Clyde -vs- Stenhousemuir (Saturday 30 December 2023)

Saw Ross Taylor play a couple of times for Auchinleck last season. On both occasions he struck me as a complete arsehole, and from body language (and actual language) it seemed his Talbot teammates thought that too.

That's me seen him play three times now. Confirmed arsehole. What an idiot.

Not much in the game, really. Good news is Clyde will surely not be that weak again.

30 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

Saw Ross Taylor play a couple of times for Auchinleck last season. On both occasions he struck me as a complete arsehole, and from body language (and actual language) it seemed his Talbot teammates thought that too.

Not much in the game, really. Good news is Clyde will surely not be that weak again.

I'd disagree on that. I've spoke to him a few times and he's a nice lad from good stock certainly not an arsehole.

He's let himself and his team mates down yesterday though that was a moment of madness. He's still a young guy so he is going to make mistakes but must learn from that if he wants to go up the leagues and I'm sure Gary Naysmith will have had words already.

One blotch on his record shouldn't detract from what a good season he's had in his first season at senior level. We will need him back firing for the run in.

3 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

That's me seen him play three times now. Confirmed arsehole.

Tell us something else that didn't happen.  we'll wait.

I would love to have been next to McCall yesterday and asked him for his thoughts as another ball was punted up to Kian Leslie.

Didn't think there was a lot in the game but there didn't need to be when one side offered no obvious signs of possibly scoring a goal until the end of injury time. 

The second was about as Clyde a goal to concede as you'll see. Taking the ball off Leighfield to score would've been very on brand, too.

As mentioned elsewhere, McCall's job starts now. Just a shame there were games to be played before the window opens. 

4 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Don't know the lad personally but met him a few times. He took time to speak to my wee lad for quite a while after the game, got a photo etc. Came across well but as Neilly says, he's just a teenager. He's a bit gallus but has Naysmith and his staff beside him to help nurture him. We've all been there. 

Also, Auchinleck player of the year wasn't he? Going with how they're going this year, I bet some of the fans and players wish he had stayed. 

16 hours ago, Nigel Blackwell said:

Until Taylor’s moment of madness we were comfortable. Clyde I don’t think had had a single shot on target at that point. It then got a little nervy and in the end I was disappointed we didn’t get the clean sheet, but 9 wins on the spin is spectacular. That’s a quarter of the season and we have beaten every single team. None of the wins have been all that comprehensive but when we have such a strong back line, often one goal is enough.

Today I thought Mikey Anderson was outstanding. His work to create the opening goal was brilliant. His consistency levels this season have been amazing. He is unstoppable at the moment, so Jacobs might need to bide his time.

Matty Aitken had the best game I’ve seen from him. He took the first goal really well, and gave the Clyde backline a tough time.

Defence was comfortable, but to be honest they had quite an easy time of it for most of the afternoon.

Our lead extended. A good afternoon.

And still the great so called team with all those magnificent players could only beat a sh*t team like us by a single goal.....think about it.

17 hours ago, Wee man the jackass said:

I might have had a few vodkas last night and a few more tonight, but I can at least confidently say I won't wake up without any regrets for telling you to f**k off and not come back. Embarrassing. 

As for today's performance, not much better. But still, another 'close' game in terms of the scoreline and another surefire sign that Stennie will be back in this league by the start of the 25/26 campaign. I've never seen such a horrendous gang top a league at this stage. Momentum is keeping them going as opposed to talent and I can tell you now that they will absolutely limp to the league title in what is a terrible division. 

Hopefully we'll follow them up after a good January and be the ones who have the pleasure of sending tinpot celebrity FC right back down 👇 until then, more signings please. And by god, leaders. 

Why have i to f**k off and not come back, what's embarrassing? 

Feeling rough? 

6 hours ago, Neilly said:

I'd disagree on that. I've spoke to him a few times and he's a nice lad from good stock certainly not an arsehole.

He's let himself and his team mates down yesterday though that was a moment of madness. He's still a young guy so he is going to make mistakes but must learn from that if he wants to go up the leagues and I'm sure Gary Naysmith will have had words already.

One blotch on his record shouldn't detract from what a good season he's had in his first season at senior level. We will need him back firing for the run in.

Hopefully he will learn, as a challenge like that could easily end someone's season.

The reaction was probably accentuated by the fact Ray Grant was the victim, he's been out for over a year with a cruciate injury, probably didn't fancy another year on the sidelines !

Regarding the game, didn't really have much effect, as Stenny were so far ahead of us by actually playing as a team, whereas we were just a bunch of strangers as usual.

6 point gap at the bottom is not insurmountable, however as stated the new recruits will definitely need to hit the ground running.

5 hours ago, clyde_r_us said:

And still the great so called team with all those magnificent players could only beat a sh*t team like us by a single goal.....think about it.

😂😂this is comedy gold.

Stenny have lost 1 league game all season, on a 9 game winning run, 14 undefeated, 11 points clear, in 17 games only lost 8 goals, but we're a "so-called team" and a "horrendous gang". what an absolute embarrassment of a post from a top-class clown 🤡