Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

While you can’t argue with his record, I think Rodgers has lost that air of superiority he once had at Celtic his first time round.

He has taken Celtic backwards from Postecoglou and his team looks very fragile.

I would have agreed that we were fragile when we had to play different centre backs in every game as they have all been injured at some point despite the now large roster we ended up with. Joe Hart has unsurprisingly been shite at playing out from the back more. Now that we have a settled pairing though which who more comfortable with the ball we seem to be ok in that respect it's further forward we are more unconvincing imo. 

50 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

And do you think the pressure being put on refs in the run up to this is unreal?

It has certainly went into overdrive. Especially the scrutiny the non-event at Motherwell garnered.

Game to be decided using kicks from the penalty mark IMO. It would be (and even any sane Rangers fan would admit this) fucking hilarious if this is the match they suddenly get pulled up for minor infringements in the box. 

Falkirk 2 Stirling Albion 0 in the real football. 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Game to be decided using kicks from the penalty mark IMO. It would be (and even any sane Rangers fan would admit this) fucking hilarious if this is the match they suddenly get pulled up for minor infringements in the box. 

Falkirk 2 Stirling Albion 0 in the real football. 

Do you really call it a penalty mark,  rather than a penalty spot?

If both Hatate and CCV are fit then we should be strong enough to see this one through. Being hinted at Abada being available but I’d imagine he would only be good for a sub.

What was a bit more positive against Dundee and despite Kyogo missing a couple of sitters he was on the move again and we we were finding him so that will click at some point, hoping that he doesn’t pop MJ in from the start as reward for his 2 goals, stick with Palma and Maeda and the bring Abada on for his obligatory derby goal

Edited by Jinky67

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If both Hatate and CCV are fit then we should be strong enough to see this one through. Being hinted at Abada being available but I’d imagine he would only be good for a sub.

What was a bit more positive against Dundee and despite Kyogo missing a couple of sitters he was on the move again and we we were finding him so that will click at some point, hoping that he doesn’t pop MJ in from the start as reward for his 2 goals, stick with Palma and Maeda and the bring Abada on for his obligatory derby goal

While Kyogo has been honking, his record in these matches speaks for itself so I doubt it will be too much of a concern. I’d be much more confident if I knew if Goldson was making the game but hoping for another Kyogo off day.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

While Kyogo has been honking, his record in these matches speaks for itself so I doubt it will be too much of a concern. I’d be much more confident if I knew if Goldson was making the game but hoping for another Kyogo off day.

Kyogo will come good at some point and we both know his capability so Rangers can’t and won’t sleep on him. If Goldson is out it’s a massive positive for us as he is always a threat at corners and we have been shown to be a bit weak there.

Rangers success in these games has come from someone sitting on McGregor so it will be interesting to see how Rangers line up in midfield with their current injuries 

For us I'm expecting the same team that started against Dundee. I don't believe the 'form goes out the window' cliché that gets spouted around derby matches, and unfortunately we're the team in poorer form at the moment. Maeda is usually key for us in these types of games with his pressing but he's only just back from injury and his technical ability is mostly poor. So if he continues to be rusty then we need Palma to be our creative outlet despite the inevitable doubling up marking he'll face. Added to that we need Kyogo to rediscover his shooting boots. Scales and Taylor at the back concern me, and Carter-Vickers' hamstring is another worry. Johnston on the right is usually consistent but he's not looked his usual self in a lot of games this season.