Celtic V Rangers - Sat 30th December

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

My point is mainly that this culture was present before VAR anyway and is not a byproduct of VAR.

Maeda was completely ineffective compared to his usual style and that was mainly down to Ridvan being able to match him pace and stamina wise.

Yeah that explains the half dozen or so positions he got into behind Yilmaz where a better ball or better decision making could have resulted in a shot at goal 😂

You had 1 maybe 2 players who got pass marks yesterday and 1 of them wasn’t Yilmaz 

28 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We might not have VAR if clubs didn’t encourage fans to act like over sized babies over justifiably losing a football match. 

Pish,Var is in place to improve the refs decision making in real time with no bias,the inconsistencies to become consistent.
The outside noise from clubs and fans is irrelevant M8.

58 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

In both of those games you saw fans of those clubs criticising their manager.

Nobody disputed that Hearts had brought trouble on themselves, and a lot of the Aberdeen reaction I saw was similar.

The refereeing issue is the long-term pattern of Rangers being awarded things that other teams are not and that are never awarded against them. That's a separate issue, for me.

We can complain about Sevco week in and week out but they need to shut it.

All this howling about VAR, when Rangers should be more concerned about their supposed strikeforce, which was brutal yesterday.

If Dessers had turned in a game like that for us, Dougie Imrie would have punted him off to Clyde or Annan for the rest of the season, then told him that his contract wasn't being renewed.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

I am hopeful that Rodger’s post match comments come back to bite him though, he seems to have decided that he has now seen off our manager despite Celtic not exactly being great yesterday. The potential gap is 2 points if we are lucky enough to win both our games in hand. Seems pretty early to come out with that kind of stuff.

At the risk of extreme tit for tattery - your manager acted like a spoilt child after the game yesterday and I also hope he gets what he deserves this season.

I called it way back at the start of the thread, mate (bar the result).

We’re shite and Rangers are shite and think they’re not, just as they do season after season.

41 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

An upgrade is needed just like Celtic and Aberdeen for the second part of the season.

You do realise that the VAR (Video Assistant Referee) is an actual human referee looking at a TV screen? He is the same person that the following week will doubtless be an actual referee at a Premiership match. If he is likely to be swayed by Old Firm pressure on the pitch, he is likely to be swayed by Old Firm whilst looking at a TV screen.

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Yeah that explains the half dozen or so positions he got into behind Yilmaz where a better ball or better decision making could have resulted in a shot at goal 😂

You had 1 maybe 2 players who got pass marks yesterday and 1 of them wasn’t Yilmaz 

I genuinely don’t recall many instances at all where I thought Maeda had done Yilmaz or he’d been caught out. That’s the quietest Maeda has been against us as he usually causes us issues with his running.

24 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

At the risk of extreme tit for tattery - your manager acted like a spoilt child after the game yesterday and I also hope he gets what he deserves this season.

I called it way back at the start of the thread, mate (bar the result).

We’re shite and Rangers are shite and think they’re not, just as they do season after season.

I don’t recall any of Clement’s comments suggesting he’d seen off Celtic or their manager as Rodgers did. He genuinely has a vanity problem and forgets the fans were revolting a couple of weeks ago.

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

I genuinely don’t recall many instances at all where I thought Maeda had done Yilmaz or he’d been caught out. That’s the quietest Maeda has been against us as he usually causes us issues with his running.

I don’t recall any of Clement’s comments suggesting he’d seen off Celtic or their manager as Rodgers did. He genuinely has a vanity problem and forgets the fans were revolting a couple of weeks ago.

Did you watch Total Recall recently? 

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

All this howling about VAR, when Rangers should be more concerned about their supposed strikeforce, which was brutal yesterday.

If Dessers had turned in a game like that for us, Dougie Imrie would have punted him off to Clyde or Annan for the rest of the season, then told him that his contract wasn't being renewed.

The strikeforce problems are surprisingly well known to us and doesn't stop us from wanting answers about what went with on with Colum.