Stranraer -vs- Dumbarton - The Aggy Derby

Shame as having rearranged games midweek away to Peterhead and Stranraer isn't any way ideal. But considering the players we have out today I'm happy just to pass on this one.

Weather and roads out in the vale were absolutely awful so hopefully anyone who had left gets back alright.

5 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

It can usually take the rain better these days. However it then becomes a mud bath. The wind actually looks like more of a problem.

Well, this didn't age well at all... looks like the rain has been the cause of the postponement?

Not the worst things, given our injury situation. But it does, however, leave us a midweek trip we could probably have done without.

37 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Well, this didn't age well at all... looks like the rain has been the cause of the postponement?

Not the worst things, given our injury situation. But it does, however, leave us a midweek trip we could probably have done without.

Hence the reason I said usually. It was lashing all morning apparently. Nor ours might get a few back by the time it's arranged. Faz and aggie must have said to groundsman if it's a mud bath just call it off.. thankfully I wasn't going to leave Glasgow till 1230. A wise choice.

Edited by Blue1870

The roads were getting a bit silly leaving Stirling, so I decided to slither my way back home and watch it on the stream. So I was quite chuffed when it was called.

Stranraer and Peterhead away in a midweek is far from ideal though. For anyone.

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The roads were getting a bit silly leaving Stirling, so I decided to slither my way back home and watch it on the stream. So I was quite chuffed when it was called.

Stranraer and Peterhead away in a midweek is far from ideal though. For anyone.

Do Stranraer stream?!

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

Hence the reason I said usually. It was lashing all morning apparently. Nor ours might get a few back by the time it's arranged. Faz and aggie must have said to groundsman if it's a mud bath just call it off.. thankfully I wasn't going to leave Glasgow till 1230. A wise choice.

Yes I hear Farrell was desperate to make the 6 hour round trip on a Tuesday night in March.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think so? Their highlights are always outstanding and start with Stranraer FC Live I'm sure?

We do but only domestically when restrictions allow, which is basically hardly ever. Hoping to cover the Peterhead home tie on 13 January and potentially this when it's rearranged.

Just now, Moonball said:

We do but only domestically when restrictions allow, which is basically hardly ever. Hoping to cover the Peterhead home tie on 13 January and potentially this when it's rearranged.

Ideal. Won’t be any blackout restrictions for the rescheduled game.

He’s got a ready-made excuse now this season: “Stenny have just been incredible. Any other season, we’d have won the league on this form…”. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be up there with Stenny. The reason we’re not is because of silly points dropped/conceding late goals, which has become something of a pattern (see Bonnyrigg (a), Spartans (h), Peterhead (h), Stenny (h), Clyde (h) for 8 points).

Anyway, I guess this belongs in Sons Sorrow/is just us going round in circles.

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

He’s got a ready-made excuse now this season: “Stenny have just been incredible. Any other season, we’d have won the league on this form…”. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t be up there with Stenny. The reason we’re not is because of silly points dropped/conceding late goals, which has become something of a pattern.

Anyway, I guess this belongs in Sons Sorrow/is just us going round in circles.

I was thinking, after today, that the fixture pile up might be his excuse come the end of the season... having midweek journeys to Peterhead and Stranraer isn't ever ideal for anyone. Any more and it will have an impact, one way or another.

Ideally, we'd be in a good run of form and having the games coming round isn't always a bad thing. But that depends on squad depth, avoiding suspensions and injuries etc.