Pars vs Rovers Episode V - Really, again?!

16 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Unless I’m very much mistaken, same well-known Rovers fan that did the exact same thing when Dargo scored about 20years ago. 

Thought we were pretty poor today. 
On the face of it the decision to play Dabrowski seems daft but maybe Thomson isn’t fully fit yet either?

In terms of how we played, the amount of space we gave them was quite concerning, standing off them far too much in the middle of the park. It led directly to the goal and we’re lucky they didn’t have enough quality to punish us for it. Otoo looked quite dangerous driving out of defence and we just let him come at us.

Easton was uncharacteristically ineffective, made too many bad decisions- as did Vaughan now I think about it. Hamilton also seemed off it again.

On the plus side, having Byrne back in there was an improvement, and Brown was more like himself further up the park. Mullins delivery was excellent, and O’Reilly popping up with the two goals is great for a centre-half. 
Kev also made a couple of fantastic saves despite being hobbled. 

I thought the Pars did ok considering their injury worries pre-game, and I really hope Fisher is ok. 

We’ve not been ourselves for the last three games, but if this is our blip (which is always going to happen) then I’ll take it. 

Also, I wore my old hat, so the Xmas hat is in the bin. 

👍

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hopefully the rats who attacked that Rovers fan are caught and charged. I hope they're all banned from all grounds for life and are all charged. If old enough then I hope the relevant ones are given jail time. I hope the club also issue lifetime bans.

In addition, I hope all get the absolute shite kicked out of them at some point.

Hideous little cowards. Stinking, scumbag filth. Genuine pieces of shit.

Agreed. Completely scunnered by that video. Club needs to find a way to respond and help take action. 

That video is awful, really bad to see. There was a photo of them all standing and I can’t say I recognise any of them but then again they’ll probably be in the North West stand and a good 15 years my junior. The kind of wee bams that turn up when we’re playing Raith or Falkirk.

Hopefully the club dish out bans for this. From looking at the video it looks like it’s opposite the Kwik-Fit, just passed the railway bridge. Traffic was heavy then, I’m sure there’ll be plenty dash cam footage. I never understand why groups of guys fight each other and video it.

Most important thing is that the victim is okay. Good to see Raith, some Rovers players and Chris Hamilton tweet about it. It’s just not acceptable. 

I hope all Pars fans put out the message that what these scum rat cowards did isn't acceptable and that said scum rat cowards are not welcome anywhere. Furthermore I hope it's put around that there will be folk looking for these scum rat cowards.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I hope all Pars fans put out the message that what these scum rat cowards did isn't acceptable and that said scum rat cowards are not welcome anywhere. Furthermore I hope it's put around that there will be folk looking for these scum rat cowards.

I don't disagree with your tone, but I don't get the last sentence tbf. 

From a quick Facebook look the boy in question is 17, now I wouldn't recognise him from Adam but if I did I certainly wouldn't immediately jump in to give him a scheme booting. 

For 1 - I've got a knee held together with hopes, dreams and blue tak. There's every chance I'd throw the first kick and be battered by a child. Or 2-I am infact double hard and I batter a child, I'm not sure on the legal ramifications of that but it can't be great. 

Now if I can see him on Facebook within 20 seconds I hope to god the police can, it's surely open and shut, get yourself to f**k. Anyone giving out some perceived societal justice won't benefit from it IMO. 

5 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Well we made it competitive which was what I was wanting before the game and from there see if we can sneak something. We started the game well but after 10/15 mins rovers were the better team and deserved to be ahead. All the guys around me had resigned themselves that rovers would grab a second the way the game was going. Fair play to Summers to give the team a lift out of nowwhere with a wee bit of magic. 

What is frustrating is losing 2 goals from set pieces against a rovers team who arn't particularly big.  After losing 2 cbs again we did ok but miss real quality up front. Most of the second half was a carbon copy of the 0-1 game at east end where we couldn't break down an organised rovers side while they lacked a bit of quality on the break to kill the game. Frustating we couldnt test the keeper more but thats down to rovers pretty solid defending along with our lack of quality. I think we have only scored 11 goals at home in 9 games(need to check that when I get home). We also seem to lose something in midfield when Otoo has to drop back in defence

As a side note I have noticed that most of the songs rovers fans sing seem to be about the pars which I quite enjoy.

I don't, it's a fukn disgrace they sang "fcuk the Pars" at the final whistle. It's what will always make us the Wee Team unless they get the bigger picture.

Seen that the absolute wet wipe is now greeting to folk in our support that they're sorry and that they were 'doing it in self defence'.

Happy enough when it was 15 to 1 but all apologetic when the clubs have started to investigate, the police will undoubtedly be contacted and it turns into something with police involvement. 

These folk really do have to be incredibly thick to go through with it and then upload the video for clout.

I can take Rovers winning, that’s football some you win, some you lose. 

But watching that video tonight has sickened me. It brings shame on the club and the city. I hope all those involved never darken EEP with their presence again and the authorities come down hard on them.

10 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I don't disagree with your tone, but I don't get the last sentence tbf. 

From a quick Facebook look the boy in question is 17, now I wouldn't recognise him from Adam but if I did I certainly wouldn't immediately jump in to give him a scheme booting. 

For 1 - I've got a knee held together with hopes, dreams and blue tak. There's every chance I'd throw the first kick and be battered by a child. Or 2-I am infact double hard and I batter a child, I'm not sure on the legal ramifications of that but it can't be great. 

Now if I can see him on Facebook within 20 seconds I hope to god the police can, it's surely open and shut, get yourself to f**k. Anyone giving out some perceived societal justice won't benefit from it IMO. 

Aye you're probably right, but it would be good if the wee rat cowards could feel the fear the poor lad they hurt did, even if just for a bit and if it didn't actually come to anything.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Seen that the absolute wet wipe is now greeting to folk in our support that they're sorry and that they were 'doing it in self defence'.

Happy enough when it was 15 to 1 but all apologetic when the clubs have started to investigate, the police will undoubtedly be contacted and it turns into something with police involvement. 

These folk really do have to be incredibly thick to go through with it and then upload the video for clout.

The self defence excuse falls flat when you're the guy that decides to have some when the victim has been incapacitated and lying on the deck.

For what it's worth, I thought we were decent in general play like most other games, but we are struggling a set pieces.

The injury crisis is just incredible. Missing Bene at the back big time. The board need to spend in January to cover these injuries. Never seen anything like it. Two guys getting taken off every week.  Up front we are so hesitant. Jakubiak was good but Wighton is a man down. It's like weekend at Bernie's carrying him through a game.

38 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Shocking to see and absolutely no need for it, sadly Wee arseholes will be wee arseholes and nothing screams hard men more than you and all your pals jumping one guy while one of your fud pals films it for likes. I’m sure DAFC will help to identify the culprits and hand out bans while passing their details onto Police Scotland. They’ll no doubt be greeting like bairns when they’re in the courtroom.  

Looking on X (Twitter) several of those involved have already been named and one has even admitted to it in an apology. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Also, I absolutely love some of the Pars fans claiming they don’t care about Rovers. 

Then 6k of them turn up when their team are playing shite, and they have tifos, and throw flares and fireworks on the pitch when they equalise. 
You do that for all other league games too eh?

We’re two clubs of similar size from ten miles apart, to pretend playing each other has no extra significance is weirdo behaviour and demonstrably untrue.

Dunfermline remind me of last seasons Rovers team - decent enough without that killer edge.  They'll be fine in terms of relegation playoffs, and there's something to build on next season,  but it would be hard to see them secure top 4 without getting some players back pronto.

Thought having Brown and Byrne back today was vital, for as poor as Brown was on sat he was immense today.

Great crowd today and great effort from both sets of fans.  Great to have the new year derby back again.

Its dissapointing to see violence creep into this fixture.  Even before today, seems to be more scraps kicking about in and around the town before and after these games.  Absolutely pointless, and not on the spirit of how this derby should be. Should be 90 mins of relative hostility, but ending in fans able to walk down Halbeath Road/Pratt Street like any other week.  We are all just fans following our team.

Edited by CALDERON