Stirling VS Accies

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know there is a lot of hate for artificial pitches, but it's at this time of year they are a real asset to clubs in Scotland.

Everyone would love to have a well kept grass pitch with USH but it's just not practical or sustainable for about 50% of our clubs.

Not all artificial pitches are the same either so the clamour to ban them all from the top flight is shameful imo.

Anyway, off to the pub now regardless and fingers crossed i can make the re-re-arranged fixture.

More that that I'd guess.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I know there is a lot of hate for artificial pitches, but it's at this time of year they are a real asset to clubs in Scotland.

They are, honestly, give me a plastic pitch over a grass one any day these days. Yes, we have a fantastic grass pitch but if there was a choice, I would prefer it to be Astro.

Listening to podcasts, BBC programmes etc etc, I tend to find those that are against them tend to be those that just want to moan. The pros out weigh the cons on many levels, even Derek McInnes said he preferred plastic despite Killie now having plans to revert back to grass.

We were quick to laugh at Dumbarton last season for the continued call offs for our game, yet we are now doing the same, this is a shocker, active Stirling need to explain & the groundsman has to answer the strange questions about the covers earlier in the week, a cover story more like, We get a great result against Montrose last week and a bit of confidence, was looking forward to today's challenge against Accies, instead it's a trip to Tesco,

It isn't even cold outside, folk must think I'm daft walking over grass testing the surface,

Very poor effort from Active Stirling & groundsman to get this game on 

Very disgruntled Bino's fan 🇦🇹

How many times does the same issue occur before someone thinks about something to mitigate it.

Its totally embarassing.  The primary job is to make sure the pitch is playable for a Saturday afternoon.

We won't get as many through the door on a Tuesday night either so it's a financial hit too.

I do love a good grass pitch but appreciate its a lot more work.

Hopefully it will be thawed out by Tuesday night and we can actually get a game to watch

17 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

We won't get as many through the door on a Tuesday night either so it's a financial hit too.

Absolutely, although a Season Ticket holder, I can’t make matches on a Tuesday night and I know I’m not the only one, so “a big pay day” for the club, turns into a bog standard crowd of 400-600

25 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

How many times does the same issue occur before someone thinks about something to mitigate it.

Its totally embarassing.  The primary job is to make sure the pitch is playable for a Saturday afternoon.

I do love a good grass pitch but appreciate its a lot more work.

Hopefully it will be thawed out by Tuesday night and we can actually get a game to watch

This was all very disappointing, the groundsman, active Stirling combined lack of effort has to be addressed, 

Who answer's to who?

It's only a few weeks ago we lost Tv revenue, and another Saturday fixture, 2 great opportunities to boost the attendance, but we end up with 2 postponed games & rearranged for midweek, ultimately a dip in attendance figures & drop in revenue, as a season ticket holder working in Edinburgh and finish time of 530pm it means a mad dash to get back for the game, 

I just wish we had put a bit more effort into getting this game on, we knew the forecast, we have seen how mild its been Fri & Sat..... I feel we have been let down..

I don't blame Accies fan's for having a go either & being frustrated, because we would be exactly the same & we were last year with Dumbarton,, 

As usual it's the fan's who are left frustrated 

7 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not very often I see playing against Accies described as a "big pay day" or am I missing something?

I don't think he was specifically meaning Accies as a big pay day, the point was probably a dip of 300 or so supporters in midweek compared to a Saturday, & for our club yes that's quite a bit of revenue 

Very disappointed and surprised this was called off, weather was certainly fine at the time and last night. Can only imagine it would be that part of the pitch the binos fan mentioned, that doesn't get any sunlight.

Never been one to buy into clubs pulling "tactical call offs" definitely comes across as a bit of laziness by Stirling though. Would also like to hear a better explanation to why the covers being put down would have made the situation worse.

3 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

This was all very disappointing, the groundsman, active Stirling combined lack of effort has to be addressed, 

Who answer's to who?

It's only a few weeks ago we lost Tv revenue, and another Saturday fixture, 2 great opportunities to boost the attendance, but we end up with 2 postponed games & rearranged for midweek, ultimately a dip in attendance figures & drop in revenue, as a season ticket holder working in Edinburgh and finish time of 530pm it means a mad dash to get back for the game, 

I just wish we had put a bit more effort into getting this game on, we knew the forecast, we have seen how mild its been Fri & Sat..... I feel we have been let down..

I don't blame Accies fan's for having a go either & being frustrated, because we would be exactly the same & we were last year with Dumbarton,, 

As usual it's the fan's who are left frustrated 

What lack of effort are you talking about?How do you know how much effort was put into trying to get this match on?

The ground was frozen over a period of several days and sometimes at temperatures below -7 .You cannot put covers down over a long period of days.The grass just dies.

Warning of the game not going ahead was given around 3 days ahead of the match and a pitch inspection for 11 am on the day of the match.

The Dumbarton games last season have no resemblance to what happened here.The Dumbarton matches were being called off after players and fans had made their way to the ground ,approximately an hour before the game.

I think you need to grow up and accept that we have no control over the weather and I'm sure everyone involved with getting the game on did their best.You sure can talk some pish.

4 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

It's only a few weeks ago we lost Tv revenue,

To reiterate TV money is for the cups only. League money gets put into the central pot of which League One gets a pittance share. So you lost little to nothing. 

14 minutes ago, MrBeeno said:

What lack of effort are you talking about?How do you know how much effort was put into trying to get this match on?

The ground was frozen over a period of several days and sometimes at temperatures below -7 .You cannot put covers down over a long period of days.The grass just dies.

Warning of the game not going ahead was given around 3 days ahead of the match and a pitch inspection for 11 am on the day of the match.

The Dumbarton games last season have no resemblance to what happened here.The Dumbarton matches were being called off after players and fans had made their way to the ground ,approximately an hour before the game.

I think you need to grow up and accept that we have no control over the weather and I'm sure everyone involved with getting the game on did their best.You sure can talk some pish.

How do you know how much effort was put in then? 

Are you the spokesperson 😏

Yes warning given prior to the match,I can read the website just as easily as you can, pretty much just what you typed about the covers, non ticket sales, seems like they were resigned to the game already being off then... you talk your pish & i will talk mine 

22 minutes ago, MrBeeno said:

Agreed. But you could have put them down before the coldest night then lifted them next day, and the reduction in frost means the game would have more chance at being on.

As with two weeks ago Stirling made no effort whatsoever to get the game on.

That's your prerogative, but I don't see how it's in your favour to play us midweek.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Agreed. But you could have put them down before the coldest night then lifted them next day, and the reduction in frost means the game would have more chance at being on.

As with two weeks ago Stirling made no effort whatsoever to get the game on.

That's your prerogative, but I don't see how it's in your favour to play us midweek.

Who said it was in Stirlings favour to have the game cancelled?That makes no sense. Stirling Albion don't own the ground,they rent it from Active Stirling (Stirling City Council),who also maintain it.The ground is also shared with the University of Stirling in the Lowland League.FFS it's only a football match.

I was surprised that this was off. The weather is mild. Wonder what the chances of our game against Uni of Stirling going ahead on Sunday are.

13 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Spot on.

Every summer I eagerly await the fixture list. I look at old rivalries, visiting old and new grounds on a Saturday. I make plans but never assume, as life often gets in the way.

Last season we had several games postponed. A memorable re-arranged match was against Bonnyrigg at  NDP. Carrick scored in closings minutes. Tightening our grip on the title.

Yes it's only a game.

Our game goes ahead. 3pm at Forthbank this afternoon if you want to experience the delights of the Lowland League Cup, Uni of Stirling v Cowdenbeath. £7 cash entrance for adults.

Edited by PELE