St Mirren v Green Cheeks 02/01/2024 It’s 5pm somewhere.

7 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Studs in the face should be a red card every single time.

As I said, in this post-VAR world, it’s a red card. So, as I also said, I am now within my rights to think that going forward from midweek, every similar incident in Scotland’s top flight will see a red card. Could be another accidental boot in the chin for a keeper, a busted nose from an accidental elbow, or a defender taking a real sore one somewhere when a striker attempts the glory overhead kick. That sort of thing. No intent, but there you go. Red card after review. Unreasonable? Or, if it’s a goalie’s chin, a defender’s nose, a striker’s napper, or a boot ending up square in the haw-maws, it’s only the goalie’s chin that sees a red after review?

7 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Not that I need to justify my support to anyone, but I grew up supporting my club when we were winning nothing and still loved the club. I'd still love my club if we were relegated in the future. I love playing and watching football and I just happened to be brought up being a Celtic fan. I don't have to apologise for the fact that we're the biggest club in the country.

Edited to add: Also not our club's fault that our main rivals cheated for approximately a decade via financial doping and subsequently went bust.

If you grew up at a time when Celtic 'won nothing' you must be in your mid 80's at least so I will bow to the wisdom of your years but as someone who grew up in the 1960s/70s I have never known a time when Celtic 'won nothing'. I've known times when Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Dundee, etc etc 'won nothing' but never Celtic so we can park that little tale of woe. You can support who you want without anyone's permission if that's what makes you feel good.

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're sounding like Michael Stewart "I don't care what the rules are, that's never a red card". Whether we like it or not the Laws of the Game as they are now is how the game is, or should, be officiated not what they were ten or twenty years ago. Studs in the face from a straight leg is a red card, intentional or not.

Which I said. Have a read again. I said in this post-VAR world, it’s a red. Mods… please report kingjoey. ‘You sound like Michael Stewart’. I demand a retraction. I demand an apology. I demand kingjoey’s audio. 😀

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Which I said. Have a read again. I said in this post-VAR world, it’s a red. Mods… please report kingjoey. ‘You sound like Michael Stewart’. I demand a retraction. I demand an apology. I demand kingjoey’s audio. 😀

Audio would be acceptable, but you definitely wouldn't want the video.

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

If you grew up at a time when Celtic 'won nothing' you must be in your mid 80's at least so I will bow to the wisdom of your years but as someone who grew up in the 1960s/70s I have never known a time when Celtic 'won nothing'. I've known times when Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Dundee, etc etc 'won nothing' but never Celtic so we can park that little tale of woe. You can support who you want without anyone's permission if that's what makes you feel good.

Shit Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF by UFC

12 hours ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Not that I need to justify my support to anyone, but I grew up supporting my club when we were winning nothing and still loved the club. I'd still love my club if we were relegated in the future. I love playing and watching football and I just happened to be brought up being a Celtic fan. I don't have to apologise for the fact that we're the biggest club in the country.

Edited to add: Also not our club's fault that our main rivals cheated for approximately a decade via financial doping and subsequently went bust.

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

It's also really not our fault that European money has gone up about 10 fold past couple of decades. There was obviously always a gulf but this additional cash is what has really put us out of site. Going off topic a bit but this is why I find it funny that Lawwell is defended so much by some fans. The two main financial reasons for our domestic dominance had  little to do with our own actions.

Really? I didn’t even like football until 2 years a go. I looked at all the teams online and chose Celtic because they win all the time and my life was shite any way and I thought that attachment to Celtic would be sure to help with that.

That’s what they want to hear lads.

23 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t need to see a visual representation of how you reacted when the penalty wasn’t given just for you to answer the question you have avoided about a dozen times as to if you feel It should have been allowed to taken?

Short of doing you a paint by numbers version I’m unsure how to make it easier for you.

😂

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Scottish football needs a strong Pozbaird. 

Without the Poz-Pound, we'll be on our knees

Etc etc...  😀

Going to be honest, I'm surprised to see 19 pages of this, when the game was over by the 6th.

We lost two quick goals, then a player to a swipe that made contact. In my youth that just came with the territory of being a goalkeeper, but looking at it now I totally understand why it's a red. I don't think there was intent and Hart did dive downwards, but I feel we just have to accept it and hope that there is consistency when other players do similar.

Other than that, was there much to the game? Celtic didn't tank us for 5 or 6, which the OF can do especially if you are down a player, but other than that I'm not sure there is much to say about the game, certainly not 10 pages of chat anyway.