QP vs Pars - Fri 5th Jan

12 minutes ago, EaglesandSpiders said:

Ruari's disallowed goal. Cammy is on side by miles. The state of refereeing in this match was horrendous. 

IMG_20240105_224327.jpg

emm...... do you think it had anything to do with other referees having to do VAR jobs?

Ruari Paton is one of the most talented strikers in this league, and he works his arse off every single week. The fact that he's joint top scorer in a side that couldn't win a game for 4 and a half months says a lot. I cannot believe there are Queen's Park supporters who criticise the way he plays; getting him on a 3 year deal was incredible business.

Mental to think we neatly got an undeserved 2-2 out of that. Can't see Queens picking up many more wins (except when they play us in a fortnight). 

Hamilton, Comrie until he was injured, Summers despite the first goal and Fenton when he came on get pass marks for me; Moffat, Edwards, Chalmers, Allan not up to the task today (at least the first two were in unfamiliar positioms) and Wighton, Jakubiak and O'Halloran clearly all not fit but pressed into service. Mehmet his usual Meh self, not much to do barring a couple of routine stops, couldn't so much for either goal, rooted to his line at set pieces. Grim. 

Think we'll be saved by Arbroath and Queens Park being a little bit more shit than us as long as we can get a couple of players back/in but any chance of a promotion play off berth looking more and more remote.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Ruari Paton is one of the most talented strikers in this league, and he works his arse off every single week. The fact that he's joint top scorer in a side that couldn't win a game for 4 and a half months says a lot. I cannot believe there are Queen's Park supporters who criticise the way he plays; getting him on a 3 year deal was incredible business.

Couldn't agree more Zanetti ....its time for all QP fans to get behind Ruari and the whole team 

Just now, Hampden Diehard said:

Took you 36 games to beat us last year. Girfuy.

gatsby GIF

Cheers to being below Arbroath at the bottom of the Championship.

Never forget who started your journey there.

Tangible feeling of elation and joy post-match. You sit for weeks/months and question what the f**k you’re doing and a spirited performance and three points hooks you back and makes you feel  like you’ve just won the Champions League.

Don’t care how shite Dunfermline were and how many injuries they had. It was about us tonight. C’mon the fuckin Queen’s.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

McPake was always going to be found out eventually. 

Apologies Pars. 

I don’t think he’s been found out at all. Injury crisis as bad as I’ve ever seen and up until last week we were 4th in the league, still got a game in hand on those above us also. This season was about staying in the league. 

3 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Thought he was lazy as f**k in the first half constantly being caught offside behind a defence made up of full backs and midfielders tbh.

Took his goal well though and clearly a better striker than any we have under contract at present.

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We were stinking last night and the mass injuries don't excuse how poorly we played.

Totally agree. There's going to be increasing pressure and scrutiny across the club: players need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and step up to plate, management need to find a way to navigate the crisis, and the board need to provide some support in the form or 2 or 3 players even if just loans til the end of season. 

4 home games in the next 5 - support need to try and find a way to lift the team and bring some points in. 

Credit has to go to Nuijten btw. Veldman wouldn’t have taken four points from United and Dunfermline. Whilst we’re still miles from where we need to be, he’s definitely improved things and the players are playing for him. Everyone knew their job last night. Whilst I wouldn’t be giving him the job, I hope there’s still a role for him at the club. Definitely has a bit about him. 

12 hours ago, It is our time to shine said:

Couldn't agree more Zanetti ....its time for all QP fans to get behind Ruari and the whole team 

This was your first post on PnB and virtually every post since features Ruari Paton. I thought at first you were a family member but your obsession is more like you’re his agent! 😂

Paton’s one of those guys who is always going to have a split vote. He scored a good goal but had a lot of time to get the ball set-up, time that most teams won’t give him in this league but he most likely got in L1. The disallowed goal was a better finish and deserved recognition. But if that’s his real standard, why hasn’t he been doing it more regularly? 

As for Zanetti’s evidence-based version, where’s the stats on how many he’s missed? Yes, he has 10 league goals in 19 games but he’s the only striker we have and gets the vast majority of chances, including penalties. He’s also well off the top in the goals-per-minute table. And just to be clear on chances, he had six offsides last night, each one of which was a one v one and would have been in on goal if he had a better timed run. He’s not improved that skill a bit all season. Maybe you can have a word with him on that 😉

I watched his interview last night. He seems a very likeable lad and I’m pleased to say much more in touch with his capability and need for improvement than some QP fans have. He had a good game last night, but so did several others who have also been struggling. Let’s see if they can all do the same at Stark’s next week before we pop the champagne. 

image.thumb.png.e6275d74aa296e61826072642f1ba58e.png

42 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This was your first post on PnB and virtually every post since features Ruari Paton. I thought at first you were a family member but your obsession is more like you’re his agent! 😂

Paton’s one of those guys who is always going to have a split vote. He scored a good goal but had a lot of time to get the ball set-up, time that most teams won’t give him in this league but he most likely got in L1. The disallowed goal was a better finish and deserved recognition. But if that’s his real standard, why hasn’t he been doing it more regularly? 

As for Zanetti’s evidence-based version, where’s the stats on how many he’s missed? Yes, he has 10 league goals in 19 games but he’s the only striker we have and gets the vast majority of chances, including penalties. He’s also well off the top in the goals-per-minute table. And just to be clear on chances, he had six offsides last night, each one of which was a one v one and would have been in on goal if he had a better timed run. He’s not improved that skill a bit all season. Maybe you can have a word with him on that 😉

I watched his interview last night. He seems a very likeable lad and I’m pleased to say much more in touch with his capability and need for improvement than some QP fans have. He had a good game last night, but so did several others who have also been struggling. Let’s see if they can all do the same at Stark’s next week before we pop the champagne. 

image.thumb.png.e6275d74aa296e61826072642f1ba58e.png

Of all of your baffling takes over the years, your Ruari Paton hate has to be the worst. 

Watched the game in the pub in deepest darkest Ayrshire last night and cannot begin to describe the hangover I have today. We probably should have won by more than one goal but the fact is we won and it's about fucking time we did. Combined with Dempster leaving today I hope come May we look back on this weekend as being the turning point of our season.