Living Funerals

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It could be a good idea for terminally ill people if the right to die is ever implemented in this country - which it hopefully will within my lifetime. Give someone a good send off while they're still alive.

Or to "kill 2 birds with 1 stone"

Finish them off (Voluntarily) and then have the proper funeral at the same time to complete the event.

Edited by superbigal

16 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It could be a good idea for terminally ill people if the right to die is ever implemented in this country - which it hopefully will within my lifetime. Give someone a good send off while they're still alive.

MA65LSg1865A4 (1).gif

I've always fancied a Scottish 'Towers of Silence' or sky burial type sendoff. For example, a simple elevated wooden platform inserted into a semi-ruined broch overlooking a distant firth and mountains would be fab.

This will only be possible if @jamamafegan manages to include giers and vultures in his plans for the rewilding of Scotland.

At least if there's a low turnout at your funeral when you're actually deid you obviously won't know or have to face the embarrassment. Would be a right boot in the stones in your last few days if you arranged a last hurrah and folk preferred to keep their lieu days from work for a football game or to wait in for their annual boiler check instead.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Apparently this is a trend in the West End of Glasgow (where else?).

Aye or no?

image.thumb.png.e81b8fa5fcfd0349a0e0ac44f5e154b8.png

https://news.sky.com/story/i-attended-my-own-funeral-how-living-funerals-are-changing-the-way-we-deal-with-death-13019402

Utter shite. I'm all for coming to terms with dying before death, but this is not for me. This persons instagram called it "the best day of her life" and a living FUN-eral" 🫣

Edited by 2426255

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What next? Reliving your birth by squeezing yourself out of a massive fanny?

Makes you think about the psychosexual elements of the concept of the water flumes at the pool. Or maybe not. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

What next? Reliving your birth by squeezing yourself out of a massive fanny?

At Christmas, Scott was struggling to put on a new jumper he got.

"This is like watching his birth again," I said as his head finally popped through. I meant to mutter it to myself but it came out more in the style of a public service announcement. My mum, wife and daughter were unimpressed.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Makes you think about the psychosexual elements of the concept of the water flumes at the pool. Or maybe not. 

Don't know about psychosexual,  but a shot on the flumes is probably the closest anyone could ever come to recreating the real life birthing experience of Katie Price's weans firing out of her overstretched front bottom.

17 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Don't know about psychosexual,  but a shot on the flumes is probably the closest anyone could ever come to recreating the real life birthing experience of Katie Price's weans firing out of her overstretched front bottom.

Not sure I could sell a waterslide called ‘Jordan’s fanny’ in Chicago. I’d expect there to be a lot of initial interest, followed by much confusion, with several scary letters from His Airness’ lawyers along the way.