What band or artist have you seen the most?

Seen Van Morrison maybe two dozen times. The man's a genius musically but for me  blows hot and cold. Last few years it's been Wishbone Ash. Their Argus tour at the Ferry was magic. This year they play Oran Mor. See you there.

On 07/01/2024 at 16:51, pozbaird said:

Rush, Springsteen, Nerina Pallot and U2. First saw U2 at Strathclyde University in 1981, £1.75 a ticket, next time they were at Tiffany’s Ballroom, then straight to the SECC, then the big stadiums. I’m hoping Wolf Alice will be next on the list of bands I’ve seen most, as I first saw them in King Tut’s, and in a similar way to U2, after discovering them very early, just knew they were going to be big. Last time they were still at the Barras’, but for them, the Hydro is surely calling.

I had been accepted to go to Strathclyde Uni later that year but that gig was late summer and I hadn't yet matriculated so the jobsworth at the office refused to sell me any tickets.

Made it to Tiffany's though.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Probably one of The Damned, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers or Beat. Must have seen each four or five times at least.

I have seen the Damned several times.

Once in Inverness with support from the Alarm and also Henry Cluney from Stiff Little Fingers.  Henry came on stage with on his own with an electric guitar.  For his last two songs, the drummer and bassist from the Damned helped him out.

I see the Damned are back on tour this year with the original members including Rat Scabies.

Back to the original question.  Probably Stiff Little Fingers, the Stranglers, the Damned and the Rezilloes.

I keep a list. So for pointless statistics we have;
505 different bands
264 gigs (263 + 1 festival)
52 different venues
Most visited venue : Academy, Glasgow. 39 times between it's Carling and O2 iterations. Hydro's at 27, the Garage at 25 and the Barras at 23.

Most watched bands : Trivium and The Blackout - 9 times each. Seeing The Blackout next month so they'll reclaim top spot for a while.
Then we have : InMe and Waterparks - 8 times each
Altered Sky and Wednesday 13 - 7 times each

For further uselessness, I have seen LostAlone as a support 4 times, which is the most of any band I'm not actively a fan of.

Probably Stiff Little Fingers because they played the Lemon Tree every year as a warm up to St. Patricks for a good few years.

Seen Half Man Half Biscuit a good few times as well. In Aberdeen (twice?), Manchester (once), Edinburgh (3 times).

If I include Hugh Cornwell on his own, I've probably seen The Stranglers about 8 times.

X 3 - Motorhead, Sisters Of Mercy, Simple Minds

X2 - U2, Smashing Pumpkins, Terrorvision, Paul Weller

Don't go to many these days but will see SM for the 4th time in a couple of months time at the Hydro.

Most visited would probably be University Of East Anglia in Norwich, was in the RAF and lived there from 92-99 when I did a fair bit of gigging in my 20's

Stiff Little Fingers and not sure I even know how many times

Apollo multiple times and Barrowlands twice

Balloch

San Diego

Los Angeles

Chicago

Denver

Carrboro, North Carolina.

They are supposed to tour U S and A again this year and I may try to travel for it

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Between the ages of 17 and 21 I somehow contrived to see The View thirteen times. Four of these were at T in the Park, but the rest were in Glasgow and, amazingly, at different venues each time.

Sorry to hear that.

A three way tie on 7 times for the wildly varying trio of The Hold Steady, Ugly Kid Joe and the late, great Kelly Joe Phelps. 

The Hold Steady will be up to 9 by the end of March taking over from UKJ who go up to 8 in February.

Venue wise, it will be the Barras for sure with the SECC and Garage a distant 2nd and 3rd. Don't know exact numbers but if it was less than the 30/40 mark for the barras id be genuinely be surprised.

Edited by cb_diamond

I've probably seen Laura Veirs more than any other artist. First saw her play Barfly in Glasgow in March 2005. Last saw her playing Summerhall in 2022. I've seen a load of bands and solo artists multiple times, but I don;t think any of them have overtaken Laura.