Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

Have to give massive credit to GB for the planning and execution, but you also have to genuinely wonder WTF is going on with the Cowboys. This is a total meltdown both offensively and defensively that simply hasn't shown any signs of happening across the Cowboys season. You always feel that Dak might have an iffy game here and there, but the D's total inability to slow down the Packers in any way is baffling. They look like an Expansion team who only just met each other last week.

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

So perennial losers Cleveland, Miami, and Dallas have all been comfortably beaten this weekend.

I am sure this is great comfort to fans of the Detroit Lions 

The 4-time AFC Champion, zero Superbowl victory Bills are also playing a franchise with 6 Superbowl victories. 😆

The blame is already flying on Sports Radio before the game ends.

1) Jerry put Jimmy into the Cowboys Ring of Honor this year, and is now surely regretting that, as it WILL be a topic.

2) McCarthy surely has to go now.

3) Dak just isn’t the answer to the Cowboy’s QB question. He’s a competent, middle of the road, QB, but that doesn’t win Super Bowls these days. He’s Eli Manning…without a real chance to win a ring.

4) The Cowboys started buying their own press.

5) This is f**king awesome!!!

6) The Cowboys now have a significant problem on the financial front. They missed the window with low paid, high quality players, and as a result will probably have to retool under their new coach.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That TV screen is genuinely fucking ridiculous.

It really is. I did the stadium tour at Jerry World and the thing is nearly as big as the points deficit in this game.

7 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That TV screen is genuinely fucking ridiculous.

Just now, pozbaird said:

It really is. I did the stadium tour at Jerry World and the thing is nearly as big as the points deficit in this game.

The vast majority of the crowd at JerryWorld/the Death Star is watching the screen and not the field. It’s mindbending to see it in real life, everyone looking up while the players run around. Even the players use the screens, which is why the sideline shows show looks of people looking up.

Bizarrely enough, I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing the last time the Detroit Lions won a playoff game. No idea why it stuck in my mind, but there you go. Suppose it's a bit like a shite version of when JFK got shot or the planes went into the towers.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The vast majority of the crowd at JerryWorld/the Death Star is watching the screen and not the field. It’s mindbending to see it in real life, everyone looking up while the players run around. Even the players use the screens, which is why the sideline shows show looks of people looking up.

The tour at Jerry World was (to be fair unsurprisingly) very ‘corporate’ and uninvolving. I’ll never forget the time we were in Atlanta and went down to the old Georgia Dome to see about a tour. They didn’t actually do tours, but they got a bloke from the stadium reception to show us around on an ad-hoc ‘personal tour’. The guy was brilliant. At the end we stuck twenty bucks into the charity tin on the stadium reception desk, and in return he gave us a couple of Falcons key rings that he had in a drawer. Will never forget how refreshingly home-spun that experience was. Bet you it’s all changed at their new place!

Edited by pozbaird

21 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

The 4-time AFC Champion, zero Superbowl victory Bills are also playing a franchise with 6 Superbowl victories. 😆

Fair point, but in terms of sheer historical playoff ineptitude, nobody tops the Detroit Lions 

Edited by senorsoupe

Dallas Sports radio…

”This was an ass beating of the highest order”

”That was trash”

”This is the most embarrassing loss of my lifetime”

”Cowboys fans should be pissed”

”The Packers game plan was like a Harvard essay, compared to whatever that was that Dan Quinn scribbled in crayon on a paper plate for the Cowboys 1st Grade assignment”

This is hilarious.