Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

God only knows what Prescott is seeing, but it's certainly not his own receivers.

On that first Cowboys drive he missed CeeDee on the 3rd down because he should have lofted a lay-up but threw an absolute laser, then he missed him high outside the numbers when he had plenty time to step into the throw and go through his motion. Seen this before in playoff games, it's the hallmark of a QB who is far too pumped up. Sailing the ball, and putting too much heat on short stuff. Brett Favre did it all the time early in playoff games, then he eventually calmed down. I think the "win now" pressure has got into Dak's head.

9 hours ago, Snobot said:

FTFY.

Josh Allen always plays like superman v the Dolphins and it was a one score game where special teams laid an egg on the punt return. Not really a bed shitting.

If they hadn’t blown a 14 point lead with 2.30 left against the Titans they would have won the East. Now that is a bed shitting.

Lots of questions about McD’s game planning, infuriating habit of not sticking to running the ball (3rd and 2 - screen then pass the Hill - T/O on downs pretty much stamped it game over early doors). He has done this over and over as if he is out-smarting himself. Over reliance on Hill, Tua not stepping up in a lot of the big games. So many injuries on Edge so no pressure whatsoever on Mahomes. Key players banged up on both sides of the ball.

Just a massive anti-climax to end a really promising season.

Not sure why McD provokes hatred as above. His story is inspiring. Suppose he isn’t an archetypal Bellichick tree man’s man, most whom seem to be curiously unemployed right now.

Think there have to be large questions about the Dolphins being flat track bullies with a 10-1 record against teams who didn't make the playoffs and 1-6 (inc vs KC yesterday ) vs those who did; yes there were injuries at the end but not the whole season.

I actually don't mind McDaniel but I can see how his "corny nerd" shtick would wind folk up. As you say he also seems to outthink himself a lot. The pieces are definitely there for Miami but I still think the QB is one you can win with, not one who wins you games on his own.

Edited by Fuctifano