The 2024 NFL Draft

lichtie23

planning on lasting until at least the 12th pick but rumours are strong we are trading back, eagles and steelers are strong rumours and they are in the 20's.

That will make Friday at work tough and i need to go in.

Can't wait, I've become obsessed with the draft over the last few years

Almost always fall asleep during the Superbowl but usually last the duration of night 1 of the draft and don't think this year will be any different. Just the buzz from trade ups etc even though such a massive percentage will be busts. 

Top 10 prediction

1. Bears - Williams 2. Commanders - Daniels  3. Patriots - Maye 4. Cardinals - MHJ 5. Vikings - JJ McCarthy (trade with the Chargers)

6. Giants - Odunze  7. Titans - Alt 8. Falcons - Dallas Turner 9. Saints - Nabers (trade with the Bears) 10. Jets - Bowers

Williams to the Bears is obviously a done deal. The only situation MHJ doesn't go to the Cardinals is for a trade up which I think they'd strongly consider if they were swapping with a team only jumping up a few spots - Odunze and Nabers are both still elite talents that are instantly WR1. I think the Vikings jump in at 5 though. 

Joe Alt to the Titans almost seems a lock in as well, can't remember if I've read a mock draft where they've taken anyone else. In the unlikely situation he's not there and all the 3 WRs are gone I think they'd trade back too.

Honestly don't think 11 & 23 is enough to tempt the Chargers to move out of #5. I'd be expecting at least a future 2nd on top of that as well before I'd even entertain the offer, and I'd push that to a 1st. Given that it's likely 3x QB's go in the top 4, any trading partner is asking them to effectively pass on 2 of the top 3 talents in the draft, so it's more akin to trading up to #2 overall than #5. I don't think you pass up a potential blue-chip talent like MHJ or Nabers for a mid-round RT and probably the 2nd or 3rd CB off the board, or the 5th WR if they go that way at #23.  People are overweighting the "Harbaugh likes the trenches" factor. They have a franchise LT and are paying their RT $9milion. 

Edited by Boo Khaki

Lots of pundits saying 'X will trade back and get more picks' not every team can trade back so....

How many trade ups do you think we will see in the top 15?

I am going for 3. someone will jump to get a QB(vikings), someone for Bowers and someone for whoever the 3rd top receiver is.

I also think the a team or two will trade up to 28-32 to pick the 5th QB (Nix or Penix jr)

I’ll be recording it to whizz through tomorrow to watch the picks, and ignore the bollocks in-between the picks themselves. Funnily enough, I am not feeling too ethusiastic about the draft. More than that, really couldn’t give two flying fcuks. We’ll be getting scudded by Reid, Mahomes, Kelce & Swift anyway. We should just let Lewis Hamilton conduct the draft and he’d probably do as good a job as the Paton & Peyton clownshoes duo.

Edited by pozbaird

I think it will depend how picks 3,4,5 play out.

The Pats could really shake things up by doing what was suggested for the Bears months ago, i.e. pass on a QB, take MHJ, then come back later for one of the lesser passers. If that happens, then it leaves 2 of Daniels, Maye, and McCarthy available, which means more pieces to tempt someone to trade up to 4 or 5, but conversely it also means at least one of them would still be available at 6 even if AZ and LAC both traded out, so that could spark a frenzy for the final one of the four QB's somewhere around 10'ish. 

I don't rate McCarthy because he looks to me like another Mac Jones waiting to happen, but the NFL talking heads seem to think he's not as far behind Williams/Daniels/Maye as I do. I don't think Nix or Penix are first round talents, but somebody will bite for that 5th year.

Edited by Boo Khaki

I'm sure Spencer Rattler was the bookies favourite to go number 1 a few years back before Caleb took over from him. 

Did anyone see him on QB1 on Netflix? He got suspended from the high school he was at but they never went into details as to why. Looked more than a bit dodgy

No real shocks this year. Remains to be seen the order of QBs but my initial thought is that I would've preferred Maye. 

Fingers crossed Daniels does the buisness.