The Mo V The Binos

None of them the abuse around me was for the Montrose player. All for the referee (and linesman). Never a red card. Happened right in front of us. Kick in the balls that Crane looked exactly like the sort of player we've been missing in midfield... and will now miss the next two matches.

Ideal winter’s afternoon for football. Sunny, clear and breathless. A real mid-league tussle, with a bit of edge, both sides didn’t disappoint. Could have went either way. The win is a tonic for Stirling.

I have now seen the sending off incident on the highlights. First off the Montrose player does not duck down trying to make anything look worse and con the ref.  He's not even aware of the flying knee coming at him from behind until it hits him in the back of the neck.  We've all thought we saw one thing in matches, then the camera shows we didn't and this is a clear case of that.

Was it intentional? No, Crane is totally fixated on the ball in the air and nothing else when he leaps up on the run, at a point where the player in front of him has stopped moving backwards to try and get under the ball.  Contrary to the BBC updates that is not violent conduct.  So what is it then?

At the point Crane leaps he is always going to connect with the Montrose player, even if he does make contact with the ball.  Which he doesn't., he's misjudged it.  The ref may well have ruled it dangerous play in sending Crane off and dangerous play doesn't have to be intentional to qualify as dangerous. I wouldn't argue with that decision and I wouldn't appeal it. It's a reckless challenge for a loose ball that resulted in an injury and that's a red, intentional or not.  

Sorry Mo fans, I hope your player is alright.

Unsure who the referee was yesterday or if he's new to the list of officials but he was absolutely atrocious yesterday, one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in a long time. 

Was actually a decent game yesterday but he did his best to ruin it with his petty officiating and some absolutely bizarre decisions. 

15 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I have now seen the sending off incident on the highlights. First off the Montrose player does not duck down trying to make anything look worse and con the ref.  He's not even aware of the flying knee coming at him from behind until it hits him in the back of the neck.  We've all thought we saw one thing in matches, then the camera shows we didn't and this is a clear case of that.

Was it intentional? No, Crane is totally fixated on the ball in the air and nothing else when he leaps up on the run, at a point where the player in front of him has stopped moving backwards to try and get under the ball.  Contrary to the BBC updates that is not violent conduct.  So what is it then?

At the point Crane leaps he is always going to connect with the Montrose player, even if he does make contact with the ball.  Which he doesn't., he's misjudged it.  The ref may well have ruled it dangerous play in sending Crane off and dangerous play doesn't have to be intentional to qualify as dangerous. I wouldn't argue with that decision and I wouldn't appeal it. It's a reckless challenge for a loose ball that resulted in an injury and that's a red, intentional or not.  

Sorry Mo fans, I hope your player is alright.

Glad we all see things differently then, he knew he was under the ball, and once he received his treatment he came off rubbing the back of his head, goes to get his shoulder checked up, on his way to the sideline he had a wee wink & a laugh up at us away fans in the stand, ref shat it, way too hasty with his card, zero help from his standside linesman who like us was directly in line with it, ref was conned, IMO & almost everyone in the stand, management staff including DY who was also booked for his protests, agreed hopefully the young lad is ok,never like to see anyone injured but he contributed to the outcome himself 

Having watched the highlights this morning, I'm firmly in @WC Boggs camp on this, I don't think it was intentional but for me it's dangerous play and a there fore a Red Card. Had it been the opposite way around, I know what our support would be shouting. Feel for Crane, he's gone to win the ball and he's obviously had a good match, having not played for a number of weeks, but I'm sure he'll see it now and go "ok then". What I would say though, how many times do we see Goalkeeper go to collect balls like that and nothing happens.......

15 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Glad we all see things differently then, he knew he was under the ball, and once he received his treatment he came off rubbing the back of his head, goes to get his shoulder checked up, on his way to the sideline he had a wee wink & a laugh up at us away fans in the stand, ref shat it, way too hasty with his card, zero help from his standside linesman who like us was directly in line with it, ref was conned, IMO & almost everyone in the stand, management staff including DY who was also booked for his protests, agreed hopefully the young lad is ok,never like to see anyone injured but he contributed to the outcome himself 

Ouch, he's on the wind up to the fans, of course he is. He can hear the fury and knows what has happened, so is playing the pantomime villain and is milking it to get a reaction, doesn't mean it wasn't a foul or a sore one. I used to do the same from time to time, so what. 

Edited by BB_Bino

We definitely missed Kane, I think he would have done something with our chances first half, and then it woulda been a different second half regardless of Bino's resurgence.

100% Daft fan who jumped the fence, and yeah he was swiftly brought back into line by other Mo fans. but poor show on the players who were gonna face up to him, they really shoulda known better than to engage.

Binos captain got a lot of stick last quarter from that same section of support, and was being a bit mouthy back n forth, but always with an ironic smile on his face. 

Nobody's finest hour. 

Surprised to still be 4th, other results went our way. Something has to change, or it won't last.

6 minutes ago, maz1974 said:

Binos captain got a lot of stick last quarter from that same section of support, and was being a bit mouthy back n forth, but always with an ironic smile on his face. 

Target after spending 10 years or so at Brechin?

24 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Having watched the highlights this morning, I'm firmly in @WC Boggs camp on this, I don't think it was intentional but for me it's dangerous play and a there fore a Red Card. Had it been the opposite way around, I know what our support would be shouting. Feel for Crane, he's gone to win the ball and he's obviously had a good match, having not played for a number of weeks, but I'm sure he'll see it now and go "ok then". What I would say though, how many times do we see Goalkeeper go to collect balls like that and nothing happens.......

Ouch, he's on the wind up to the fans, of course he is. He can hear the fury and knows what has happened, so is playing the pantomime villain and is milking it to get a reaction, doesn't mean it wasn't a foul or a sore one. I used to do the same from time to time, so what. 

Opinion is great guys 🙂

No fall out from me, just my view on it from the stands & again after watching it on the tv... would just add the tv only shows so much of the incident,the reaction of certain players & the frustration towards the referee & his linesman, they were poor all match & that was for both teams btw....I'm sure DY also agreed, what was a really combative game was spoiled by his stop start itty bitty petty whistle blowing & all about him, on the other hand his linesman did absolutely nothing 🙄 

Was so good seeing the fighting spirit from the team, was brilliant 👏 

Not getting carried away here but 1st surprise was seeing Callum Crane in centre mid alongside Banner,, but i know it was his first game & also a bit of adrenaline, he really did show up well 👏  Banner has a bit of bite but can also be a bit wayward with his passing...Crane was always willing to show and receive the ball, take responsibility and find a pass....a really good debut unfortunately spoiled by the referee,,,

Kieran Offard looked lively too, hopefully he will be a good addition up front & Sam Bird waiting for his 1st start 

Ouch, he's on the wind up to the fans, of course he is. He can hear the fury and knows what has happened, so is playing the pantomime villain and is milking it to get a reaction, doesn't mean it wasn't a foul or a sore one. I used to do the same from time to time, so what
 There was me thinking, the sun was in his eyes. RC, manager booked and away fans seething. I would call that a good day at the office.