Greenock Morton v Montrose Scottish Cup Round 4

A cup tie at the 'everyone in' stage of the competition that looks relatively kind for both sides. From our perspective, if we continue the excellent form and pretty good performances since the start of December then this could be a handsome home victory to add further confidence to our sudden promotion charge. As well as opening the prospect of a cup run in which few would fancy playing us right now. 

Likewise though, Montrose will fancy their chances of pulling off a minor upset and continuing a cup run of their own if they perform well on the day.  And if we are below-par then that's a very real chance.

The only letdown is that we aren't following the German Cup format and automatically moving the game to Montrose, instead of giving us three home games in a row (boring) to see out the month. 

I'd love a Scottish cup run, been awhile, so hopefully get through this, into the last 16 and hope for another kind draw to give us a chance of reaching the last 8.

Drew the Glasgow bigots in the last couple of cup draws and whilst it was good for the bank balance, I'd love to to do what Inverness did last season.

Last time we got to the last 8 was 2018, be brilliant to go a stage further and get to Hampden something we haven't done in the Scottish Cup in 43 years.

Won't be an easy game, but we need to be confident with the run we are on.

2-0.

Given Morton's recent form, the snow in Aberdeen and work commitments I've decided not to travel for this one.

Will I be able to watch it anywhere? (3 o'clock rules notwithstanding)

Listened to Dundee Utd / Morton the other week, and that kinda helped make my mind up. You guys are on some run!

Then our own current form just consolidated my decision!

That said I hope I miss a stellar Mo performance, and i'll never be allowed back!

1 hour ago, maz1974 said:

Will I be able to watch it anywhere?

Our live streams are notoriously bad and probably not worth shelling out for. Some guys apparently use firesticks - but I have no idea what a firestick is 🙃 Maybe someone a bit more computer-literate might chime in.

Was going to buy a couple of tickets online, but it seems only possible to buy them for 'Home Main Stand' - will there only be one side of the ground open ?

At least 2 x supporters' buses from Montrose, which is a lot for us !

49 minutes ago, Mo-time said:

Was going to buy a couple of tickets online, but it seems only possible to buy them for 'Home Main Stand' - will there only be one side of the ground open ?

At least 2 x supporters' buses from Montrose, which is a lot for us !

The whole ground will be open as usual.

Your best/quickest/easiest method of buying tickets is to download and use the Fanbase app, create a quick account, select 'Greenock Morton' from the teams list. and follow the instructions. A few simple steps, your ticket's bought and uploaded straight to your phone for scanning at the turnstiles. On the app, you'll be able to select your preferred option, including 'Away Main Stand'.

Edited by Chippyminton

15 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

The whole ground will be open as usual.

Your best/quickest/easiest method of buying tickets is to download and use the Fanbase app, create a quick account, select 'Greenock Morton' from the teams list. and follow the instructions. A few simple steps, your ticket's bought and uploaded straight to your phone for scanning at the turnstiles. On the app, you'll be able to select your preferred option, including 'Away Main Stand'.

All done - many thanks.

looking forward to this match.  At the time of the draw I was more optimistic than now, Morton have put together a decent spell of form since the draw now though.  Be interesting to see what team Montrose can put out, not sure who is/isn't injured or suspended

On 17/01/2024 at 06:53, VillaKnollBoy said:

Scottish Cup Results

This of course doesn't have a bearing on Saturday's result, but if we can keep the run going, that would be fine.

The 95-96 games were played on consecutive days. A Monday night draw at Cappielow (postponed and rearranged, possibly twice) and the replay at Links the following night.

Had a huge impact on our title push as David Wylie was sent off in the replay and we had to play a few vital games with Andre fucking Boe in goals. Had we won the replay, we’d have had to put an outfield player in goals in the next round.

Could be a sticky one this. Would take any kind of win. 

The likes of Quitongo & Bearne are needing game time, but I’m very cautious about rotating - particularly at this atage.

All the best to the Mo today but I just can't see us getting anything here ,I hope I'm wrong though would love to be in the hat for the next round come 5pm.

Would imagine we will see some rotation going by Imrie’s pre match interview. Maybe see Waters picking up some minutes whether that be a start or say the last half hour who knows. Quitongo, Boyd, McGrattan & Bearne are the others who all need game time but as mentioned above would be very cautious with to much of a shuffle if the pack.

Potentially a banana skin here today. Any sort of win and into the next round please Morton!

One or two changes as expected but still putting a strong side out, good to see.

Good to see Quitongo starting.

I expect if we can get a good lead, some changes to get minutes in the legs( O'Boy, Bearne etc) later on.

3-1 'Ton

Edited by MORleyTON

Definite contact and a fair belt too, but it seems a wee bit harsh to concede a penalty for that type of incident in the box. 

Slow start from us but a goal had been coming in the previous 5 minutes.