Airdrie v St Johnstone

17 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

These c***s aren't representative of the support in general and I imagine that any of our support who post on here if they've seen the video of the cowardly fucking c**t launching bottles into a pub from the doorway will be as horrified as I am. Anybody who can do that without a thought for the safety of innocent people trying to enjoy a bit of lunch or a lunchtime drink deserves the fucking jail and I hope they fucking get it.  Sorry if that doesn't fit with your narrative. I don't know who it is but I'd have no fucking problem putting their name out there if I did.

My thoughts on the bottle launcher from our championship thread

3 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

What’s more annoying/embarrassing in this is that the West End is a good Airdrie pub owned by an Airdrie fan, with supporters busses often ran from the pub. Just shows how brainless these clowns are.

Brainless and clowns aren't the words I'd use to describe the type of character who can indiscriminately launch bottles into a well populated bar and then run off. The fact that he's on video doing it and only pulls his hood up as he runs off hopefully makes it easier for him to be identified and dealt with. No doubt had a great laugh with his mates afterwards as they reminisced about how fucking hard they all were but will now be shiting it from every knock on his door.

As far as the match goes that was a thoroughly deserved victory for the Diamonds with us having by far the best of the chances created and our passing play being miles ahead of the saints. Not a lot of difference in terms of actual possession but we did far more with our share of it.

I fully expected going into the last 15 minutes one goal to the good to be under bombardment from balls being launched forward into our box and yet there was relatively little in the way of threat to our defence and keeper. St Johnstone looked like a side who were utterly bereft of ideas. Hopefully we can get a good draw for the next round to put the cherry on top of the weekend.

8 hours ago, BigDi@mond said:

The choice of highlights for Sportscene was embarrassing. 

It was very hard to do, but sportscene made St Johnstone look The better side.,  lol...    And not many excuses given by the pundits,  although McFadden wasn't on it..

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Just seen the video, the boy throwing the bottle is an absolute shitebag, hope he gets caught and charged.

A real hero. Kinda c**t that would carry a blade to a pillow fight. Hard as f**k. 

2 hours ago, HibsFan said:

Amazing what happens to your chances in cup competitions when you have to turn off the PlayStation and play in front of fans again. :lol:

You’re still bitter 😀 Nobody remembers that we pumped you out of both competitions, let it go.

Airdrie have previous with the "football factory" shenanigans,as we all know.

Cove fan got tanned outside they're ground not that long ago,plus a recent free for all against Ayr.............

Edited by Dav nan Gael

9 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Must be a slow news day...assuming this isn't a parody, but this from The Daily Record wouldn't surprise me:

DailyRecord.thumb.jpeg.e9c8bdbdea92f15c1b839d67514cc2e3.jpeg

The tweet was stupid and the lad doubling down is just making himself look even more stupid.  But the real issue here is the arsehole who threw the bottles. That's where the focus should be and the Record should be fucking ashamed of this headline. 

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

The tweet was stupid and the lad doubling down is just making himself look even more stupid.  But the real issue here is the arsehole who threw the bottles. That's where the focus should be and the Record should be fucking ashamed of this headline. 

I agree. I have seen the Tweet and, to me, it seems obvious he was joking. Though, remove the smiley at the end and it's a different story. Even if he had been sincere, which I accept he wasn't, he cannot be held responsible for the actions of others. 

I expect he never imagined it would be seen by a halfwit who would misinterpret it, or, more likely, a psychopath who'd use it as an excuse to justify doing something like that. That's social media for you, though! Always imagine your post will be seen by the most stupid and most sinister people in society. 

12 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Always imagine your post will be seen by the most stupid and most sinister people in society. 

I concur with the sentiment fully. As many have said before, posters on here of the Airdrie persuasion will unanimously agree.

Would probably have added illogical in there; but a choice thing and lost on those involved.