Airdrie v St Johnstone

What a miserable spectacle that was from a Saints perspective. Airdrie throughly deserving of their win, we offered next to nothing. So so bad. The only positive today was ticking off the Excelsior. Shame about the catering situation which was an embarrassing shambles. Cash only except one card reader at the kiosk, queued up only to be told 2 minutes later it was a cash only queue so had to change. Then there was no hot food left. Airdrie completely unprepared for a moderately large support today, very disappointing as I was choking for a pie. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Airdrie fans throwing bottles at Saints fans.

Some had to get stitches, and believe there were children in the pub too at the time.

Did this actually happen? 

Edit: It looks like a case of St. Johnstone being wee fannies as usual, according to this:

Edited by Black_and_White_Stripes

9 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Did this actually happen? 

Edit: It looks like a case of St. Johnstone being wee fannies as usual, according to this:

It was definitely Airdrie fans throwing it at Saints fans.

You can either believe Saints fans who had to go to hospital for stitches or an anonymous twitter account. 

Airdrie thoroughly deserved that, and didn't look a bit out of place.  Even at the end when Saints were attacking more it never really felt like they were creating much, and it's not as if it was shots hitting the woodwork or efforts cleared off the line, or anything like that.  Rae dealt with anything that came his way pretty comfortably and at the other end, well - the King of Bulgaria does what he does.  Smash and grab wins in the cup are great, but this wasn't that.  This was us going toe to toe with a team in a higher league and just being better than them over the 90.

I was surprised at how little Saints created, or how little they were able to step it up when they needed a goal.  It's always great to knock out a team in a higher league, but I don't think they looked better than any team in the top half of the Championship, and the game felt a lot like the narrow but solid wins we've picked up against the likes of Raith and Thistle.   That means every Airdrie player putting in a really good performance, because man for man and as a squad we're weaker than most teams we play, but McCabe keeps finding ways to get the best out of them, they're well drilled and well organised and we maximise the strengths we have. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Airdrie fans throwing bottles at Saints fans.

Some had to get stitches, and believe there were children in the pub too at the time.

Shocker. As mentioned earlier, what makes it so bizarre is that the west end bar is an airdrie supporters bar.

The only mildly amusing element of it is the st Johnstone fan posting about being in the west end if anyone fancied a scrap then getting exactly that. 

39 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Shocker. As mentioned earlier, what makes it so bizarre is that the west end bar is an airdrie supporters bar.

The only mildly amusing element of it is the st Johnstone fan posting about being in the west end if anyone fancied a scrap then getting exactly that. 

Yeah, hilarious. You should be on the fuckin stage. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nice of you to assume we arent getting relegated. 

10 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

David “I don’t have the budget” Martindale has you covered there I reckon.

I take it all back. Will be good to scud you’s again in the playoffs.

Battered on and off the pitch.

So the Saints didn't go marching in then,   all quirks aside ,  both sides have as good as each other in the pre match banter stakes..

1032  St Johnstone fans  today, really impressive support and your team let you down, it's not easy or cheap to follow football teams these days,  hats off..

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully relegate Ross Co and that moron Adams,  

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

So the Saints didn't go marching in then,   all quirks aside ,  both sides have as good as each other in the pre match banter stakes..

1032  St Johnstone fans  today, really impressive support and your team let you down, it's not easy or cheap to follow football teams these days,  hats off..

Good luck for the rest of the season and hopefully relegate Ross Co and that moron Adams,  

Cheers, what was the attendance?

Not having a go but I thought there would have been a bigger home support. Was that about typical home support size?  Airdrie have been going well and must have fancied their chances beforehand.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Cheers, what was the attendance?

Not having a go but I thought there would have been a bigger home support. Was that about typical home support size?  Airdrie have been going well and must have fancied their chances beforehand.

1672 Airdrie,  our crowds this season are up about 30 percent than recent seasons,  averaging about 1300 home fans in League games, last couple of seasons round about 1k roughly,  on paper it's not great, but on our dark days of 6 or so years ago we were lucky to get 650 home fans..    like yourselves it's a modern 10k stadium and smaller crowds make it look worse,  

A few of our fans including myself felt we could get a result today,  

1 hour ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

I take it all back. Will be good to scud you’s again in the playoffs.

If we can finish that high then maybe. The play offs being utterly skewed will help us though, assuming you finish 3rd/4th.

It felt like a top end Championship side playing against a mid-table Championship side to me. One with a clear idea of how to build play and confidence in it, the other just hoping something happens and expecting everyone else to do it.

There was never a chance we were equalising once you scored because we dont seem to actually work on how to score goals. Just hope someone individually pulls something off and if not, maybe we'll get a draw.