Scottish Cup Round Five

Lex

FFS, us v them for he 2nd season in a row at this stage.

At least it's at home this time and we should take inspiration that our first ever win at the "new" stadium was v the greenyins in a Scottish Cup tie.

Hopefully their defender will be sent off this time.

Just now, A Diamond For Me said:

Quite pleased with that.

Hearts, you can feel free to sell Shankland now, cheers.

Unsurprising big team found 

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

FFS, us v them for he 2nd season in a row at this stage.

At least it's at home this time and we should take inspiration that our first ever win at the "new" stadium was v the greenyins in a Scottish Cup tie.

Hopefully their defender will be sent off this time.

Is that not a pretty thinly veiled sectarian slur so that Rangers fans can pretend they aren’t saying exactly what they are saying? 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think Aberdeen and Bonnyrigg fans can rest easy.

Nae c**t is watching Aberdeen play Bonnyrigg at home on the telly.

I know BBC are doing their best to create a Darvel storyline from somewhere but showing that game would be a step too far. At home then definitely it would be worth showing - I'd fancy Bonnyrigg to beat Barcelona on that field nevermind Aberdeen, however on something resembling an even playing surface like Pittodrie they'll be comfortably beaten in the dullest game imaginable. As a neutral it's the last game I'd watch out of those ties, I'd have Cove or Brora away to Killie ahead of it.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Aye, I'm wondering if those Wednesday games are too late to move now?

If it's possible, I wouldn't be astonished to see a move to Tuesday. Assuming your game is on tv? If so, it may be St Johnstone Hearts getting shunted forward for the Scottish Cup Friday slot to come into play?

Think our game against Celtic is on the telly. 

Hopefully we are not 12:15pm on the Saturday and the game is at 3pm. 

I think Aberdeen and Bonnyrigg fans can rest easy.

Nae c**t is watching Aberdeen play Bonnyrigg at home on the telly.

Unless the BBC think a shock is on the cards. 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Is that not a pretty thinly veiled sectarian slur so that Rangers fans can pretend they aren’t saying exactly what they are saying? 

Yes, also usually accompanied by grey.  

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I know BBC are doing their best to create a Darvel storyline from somewhere but showing that game would be a step too far. At home then definitely it would be worth showing - I'd fancy Bonnyrigg to beat Barcelona on that field nevermind Aberdeen, however on something resembling an even playing surface like Pittodrie they'll be comfortably beaten in the dullest game imaginable. As a neutral it's the last game I'd watch out of those ties, I'd have Cove or Brora away to Killie ahead of it.

Yup, I would say if Brora beat us on Tuesday night then the Killie v Brora would be a more likely candidate for the telly. 

There is not a chance in hell that Kilmarnock v Brora Rangers is being televised over any of the four Championship v Premiership ties, and rightly so. We played them in the cup a few years ago too, so there's not even novelty to it.

10 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The BBC absolutely love showing Thistle on a Friday night. IC&T v Hibs will be the early Saturday game. 

It will be a bit crowded with 33 players on the park.

11 hours ago, Alberto Spencer said:

True. But this team are the relocated "Clydebank" AKA "Airdrie United" so no connection, except the town they play in and changed colours........😀

Yeah but in keeping with tradition you’ve already had a shocker v new Airdrie so fingers crossed. 

14 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

The most exciting part of this round will be the debate over which games are on the tele so I hope they said a day or 2 before announcing it. 

We know the two games that some Scandinavian streaming service will choose.  For me the Beeb should get first pick as I admire the way they televise the earlier rounds of the Cup and give the teams further down the pyramid exposure.  Rather  than the streaming mob enter the draw when the big teams enter the competition. Personally I would prefer a 3pm kick off on the Saturday.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

5 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Yeah but in keeping with tradition you’ve already had a shocker v new Airdrie so fingers crossed. 

That's true!  I'd forgotten about the 0-0 League Cup game you won on penalties. I think that was Czaba Lazlo's first cup game and David Obua's debut. "Fantastic hard shot" he had, allegedly. I think your keeper dived, stood up then picked up the ball from his penalty 😀

I do remember clearly the 2020 Scottish Cup game with a much "better" scoreline...........