Biggest bellend in Scottish fitba

11 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

1. Derek Adams - just a total p***k and probable Tory.

2. Douglas Ross - The Tories Tory.

3. Phillipe Clement - for getting his excuses in early about the pitch against Dumbarton. And the fact his name has reduced the pundits to trying to pronounce his name "correctly" with Kenny Miller going full - "fill ee pay".

4. Kenny Miller - great player but my word, a terrible pundit with nothing worth saying about anyone than The Rangers.

5. Pat Bonner - a worse pundit on BBC Radio? I don't think so. Refers to Celtic as "we" on the radio.

6. Whoever is Hibs manager this week - they have had some right bellends in recent times so the current one falls immediately into 6th place.

7. Steven Naismith - is he manager? Is he coach? Is he the janitor? No one knows and tbh, I don't think he does either. Talks a load of shite too.

8. Brendan Rodgers - overrated manager and boring to listen to. Postecoglu at least had some personality.

9. Martin Boyle - human submarine. Has a face I could skelp for a month. The p***ks p***k.

10. Lawrence Shankland - treated like the second coming. Just sick of reading about him at this stage tbh.

Honourable mentions as they don't currently work within Scottish football.

Steven Presley - broon shoes, walks like a w****r, talks like a w****r, Is a massive w****r.

Jack Ross. The worst of them all. Gets sacked from Hearts for texting numerous players wives. Goes to Alloa, gets a big head. And ever since literally applies for every single job going. Even applying for a job in England 3 days after joining Dundee United. he's a massive bellend with zero management skills.

Why are you so angry all the time?

On 21/01/2024 at 15:28, PauloPerth said:

Na, disagree on that one. Everyone should go out of their way to call it that.

We had our own brand the ‘Premier League’ but let the English league take it.

We then had the SPL which was a great identity. You think of all the leagues in Europe you can name and they have a clear brand identity; the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, Superliga, Eredivisie etc that they stick with.

We should have kept the SPL title when the SPFL came into being in 2013.    I can’t help noticing that the league down south is increasingly referring to itself as the EPL these days.

The fact that loads of supporters still refer to it as the SPL shows how strong a brand name it was.

"Branding". What a load of w**k.

As is, SPL should be considered the most sullied brand around.  Its demise was incredibly welcome.

It staggers me that so many posters on here don't recognise this.

It wasn't just a snappy title.

On 21/01/2024 at 17:53, AJF said:

I feel that Sam North is getting a bit of unjustified heat, IMO.

I know a lot of people can’t really take to vloggers and YouTubers at matches, but I do feel he is a bit of an exception and uses his platform to promote the Scottish game at various levels rather than make it all about himself like others do.

He seems to be doing it in more of an official capacity now too. I watched one of his recent features on the Dundee Utd v Raith game and thought it was excellent. Really good exposure to our game.

Long as he stays away from any Hibs games in the future I'm happy, pretty sure the only Hibs game he's been to where we haven't lost was the game at McDiarmid where Doidge scored a hat-trick a few seasons back 😂

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"Branding". What a load of w**k.

As is, SPL should be considered the most sullied brand around.  Its demise was incredibly welcome.

It staggers me that so many posters on here don't recognise this.

It wasn't just a snappy title.

I think most people just separate the name from the politics of it.

It was a better name. You can over-think these things sometimes.

Speaks volumes that this many years after the change, you still need to say to folk regularly that it's not called the SPL any more.

7 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Oh, oh, I forgot:

11. Anyone who thinks 'expected goals' is a thing. If you've ever said, or thought about, 'xG', then f**k you.

And assists.

Leave that to ice hockey weirdos.

1 Leeann Dempster the media seen taken in by her , but look at the mess she left Queen's Park in, the state of the ground she thought was adequate and the costs they will have to fix things, a fraud of a wage

2 The Marr brothers, how they can show their face in Dundee after what they did to the club astounds me..

3 Pat Bonner- How he gets a gig on the BBC knowing nothing outside of Celtic and Rangers sums up large parts of the media

4 Scot Gardiner - Sacked at Dundee, Sacked at Hearts, loathed in Inverness yet cannot help himself with media appearances etc, the fact hes from Dundee and supports a team from Glasgow says it all

5 Chris Boys, born Irvine , first team Kilmarnock, whole life a  team in Glasgow, offers nothing on Sky but a sour face when things dont go the way of his team

6 Chick Young - You should have retired 20 years ago

7 Derek Adams - lets destroy the product that pays your wages 

8 Laura Brannan - Ex Motherwell media team and very opinionated mouthpiece with some wild view

9 Todd Cantwell - The whole Todd the prod thing summed him up, he knew what he was doing, only up here for easy money at Rangers

10 Tom English /Ann Budge - How he was taken in by her , yes her money saved Hearts but that main stand, how much money did her family make on that? and the Hearts relegation saga 

Wish people would take this seriously instead of just trying to score points against their rival team.

1. Ralph (the handbag snatcher) Milne.

2. Jim ( baldy c**t ) McLean 

3. Paul ( cheat cheat cheat ) Hegarty 

4. David ( the beast ) Goodwillie

5. Groundsman ( beast )

6. Dabs media team when they released a statement saying Dundee are pretending that Cifti had bit our player

7. Cifti ( weirdo biting mink ) 

8. SPL ( corrupt to the core ) when they forced Dundee to play 3 times at the dump in the same season ( would never have the balls to do it to Celtic or Rangers 

9. Bob ( cheating Dab c**t) Valentine 

10. Douglas Ross

1 Douglas Ross

2 Jim Spence

3 Neil Doncaster

4 Ian Crocker

5 Peter Lawwell

6 Ewen Murray

7 Keith Jackson

8 Tam Cowan

9 Chick Young (is he still a thing ?)

10 Any Hibs centre back 

Could probably do 3 or 4 of these lists tbqfh

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Speaks volumes that this many years after the change, you still need to say to folk regularly that it's not called the SPL any more.

I think you're right, but just because your new manager is shite, doesn't mean you shouldn't have sacked the old one.

(Also, the median Scottish football fan is an Old Firm weirdo who's not been to a game in over a decade, so I think it speaks volumes about them, too.)

Am I too late to vote?

1. Goodwillie

2. Malky Mckay

3. Tam Cowan

4. Barry Ferguson (what I would do if I was RFC manager....)

5. All ex OF pundits plus Willie Miller.

6. Yogi

7. N Lennon

8. Most Falkirk fans

3 hours ago, SA45 said:

Am I too late to vote?

1. Goodwillie

2. Malky Mckay

3. Tam Cowan

4. Barry Ferguson (what I would do if I was RFC manager....)

5. All ex OF pundits plus Willie Miller.

6. Yogi

7. N Lennon

8. ALL Falkirk fans

Ftfy

So Douglas Ross gets voted into 1st place, largely on account of being a prominent Tory.   That's exactly as it should be.  His political stance alone, ensures that he's a very worthy winner.

However, on the same thread we get a lament over the disappearance of the SPL branding.  Said lament gets showered In greenies.  I'm struggling to think of anything more Tory than that.

Even if we ignore the inherent embarrassment of adults engaging with the snappiness of a brand name, we have to surely look at the SPL itself.  It was set up, and then operated, entirely to protect, enhance and indeed enshrine the advantages of the haves over have-nots.

Half the people on here have no idea of what they believe in and why.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So Douglas Ross gets voted into 1st place, largely on account of being a prominent Tory.   That's exactly as it should be.  His political stance alone, ensures that he's a very worthy winner.

However, on the same thread we get a lament over the disappearance of the SPL branding.  Said lament gets showered In greenies.  I'm struggling to think of anything more Tory than that.

Even if we ignore the inherent embarrassment of adults engaging with the snappiness of a brand name, we have to surely look at the SPL itself.  It was set up, and then operated, entirely to protect, enhance and indeed enshrine the advantages of the haves over have-nots.

Half the people on here have no idea of what they believe in and why.

The SPL wasn't some shady, mysterious, secret James Bond-baddie organisation located in a volcano. It was the clubs. The same (broadly speaking) clubs in the top flight today.

Going by your logic, we should just shut down all the clubs and re-open them with new, untainted brands.

You're seeing things that aren't there.

SPL is a better name. It's a more recognised name. It's a still-used name.

You can think it's a better name without being a Tory. I'm not sure why you think the two things go hand in hand.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

You can think it's a better name without being a Tory. I'm not sure why you think the two things go hand in hand.

It's because they're intrinsically linked.  The SPL embodied the politics of economic greed. 

The nature of the body cannot be divorced from its name.