St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/1/24

St Johnstone are heavy favourites for this game due to them having more than 1 striker. And more than that 1 striker that they thought was largely garbage and surplus to requirements.

If I was St Johnstone I would sub on all forward in the 2nd half at 6 minute intervals just to rub it in. With the announcer not naming names but simply “Forward option number 2, forward option number 3, forward option number 4” and so on. 

Things are pretty desperate sadly. I would bite your hands off for a draw and allow us to actually build a team in the last few days of the transfer window. 

2-0 St Johnstone 😩.

18 minutes ago, welldaft said:

St Johnstone are heavy favourites for this game due to them having more than 1 striker. And more than that 1 striker that they thought was largely garbage and surplus to requirements.

If I was St Johnstone I would sub on all forward in the 2nd half at 6 minute intervals just to rub it in. With the announcer not naming names but simply “Forward option number 2, forward option number 3, forward option number 4” and so on. 

Things are pretty desperate sadly. I would bite your hands off for a draw and allow us to actually build a team in the last few days of the transfer window. 

2-0 St Johnstone 😩.

That bad?

47 minutes ago, welldaft said:

2-0 St Johnstone 😩.

You didn’t see our forward options in midweek did you?!!!

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You didn’t see our forward options in midweek did you?!!!

These Well fans obviously aren't taking note, Stevie May, a second half sub, was the only "recognised" striker and even he's more of an attacking midfielder nowadays, he's certainly not a fucking striker anyway. We're playing wingers as strikers as Kane and Clark are out injured. 

Probably too early to be talking about must win games, but as we’ve got 0 away league wins and only scored 2 away from McD this season, a home match against a fellow struggler is surely close to being just that.

With a missed opportunity against a very poor Aberdeen side in Perth on Wednesday, a draw here isn’t a lot of good to us. 

We might be able to add Casey, Blaney, Elliot and Nicholson to the squad, but I doubt any of them will be fit to start. 

Montgomery will obviously be out, I reckon he'll be replaced by either Miller or Halliday. It was great to see Miller back last week, but if another half an hour gives us more chance of him getting in the XI and staying there in the long run, I'm all for it.

The question is then whether Halliday fills in at LWB, or Gent goes back and Halliday plays as one of the attacking midfielders.

Could see this one ending a draw.

Would be happy and pleasantly surprised with a draw because as much as our defence is slowly improving, we still can't keep clean sheets and I just don't see our attack getting much. We'll concede a soft one in the first half, St J will kill it and that'll be that.

I don’t want to get into a game of ‘we’re worse than you’, but…

We’ve managed 3 clean sheets at home all season, and that’s including matches against Ayr united and Stirling Albion.

We’ve scored 14 goals in 21 matches, so it takes an average of one and a half matches for us to score a goal.

9 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

We might be able to add Casey, Blaney, Elliot and Nicholson to the squad, but I doubt any of them will be fit to start. 

Montgomery will obviously be out, I reckon he'll be replaced by either Miller or Halliday. It was great to see Miller back last week, but if another half an hour gives us more chance of him getting in the XI and staying there in the long run, I'm all for it.

The question is then whether Halliday fills in at LWB, or Gent goes back and Halliday plays as one of the attacking midfielders.

Could see this one ending a draw.

Joe, the thought of Halliday at LWB and SODs at RWB gives me the fear. Probably the slowest wing backs in world history…..

I would however snatch the hands of you for a draw today aswell due to how keech our squad looks right now.

23 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I don’t want to get into a game of ‘we’re worse than you’, but…

We’ve managed 3 clean sheets at home all season, and that’s including matches against Ayr united and Stirling Albion.

We’ve scored 14 goals in 21 matches, so it takes an average of one and a half matches for us to score a goal.

We’ve kept 2 clean sheets in the league all season, and of your 14 goals over 20% of them have been scored against us! 

Huge game for both teams with County unlikely to pick up anything. If either team could win they’d not be a kick in the arse off the top 6, which is mental.

Would take a 1-1 draw right now if offered and get back to trying to improve the front line before next weekend, but I can live in hope that big Theo comes back to haunt the Saints. 1-2 (Bair x2)

Edited by dezz

Kinda feel its about time we had a former player in our team doing the dirty on his old club. Seems to happen to us all the time. Only last week Connor Sammon scored against us and PJ Morrison saved a penalty. C'mon Theo, cometh the hour, cometh the man and all that!

No idea how we will line up today in the forward areas. Assume the back five will be as per midweek but is Clark fit? Does Connor Smith come straight in? Does Kimpioka get a start? I thought his pace looked like a useful weapon midweek though whether there is much beyond that itself remains to be seen.

Add me to the list who'd absolutely take a draw here.

Between injuries and now recalls this definitely feels like a season where we're destined not to be allowed to have nice things. We've barely had a chance to field a settled XI let alone get our best XI on the park. Had Biereth not been set upon by Robinson's hammer throwers in Paisley it's not too much of a stretch to think we may have been a few places higher in the league.

Our left hand side of Montgomery and Gent looked promising last week, exciting even. Now that's had to be chucked in the bin after 1 game.

Poor us.

I'd imagine it'll broadly be the same 3421 shape (we only have one fit senior striker) and I'd be surprised if we rushed Lennon Miller back.

Kelly
Mugabi Butcher McGinn
SOD Zdravkovski Halliday Gent
Paton Spittal
Bair

Like I say, I'd 100% take a draw. Then it's a lottery to see which of our XI has been crippled this week.

Edited by capt_oats