St Johnstone v Motherwell 27/1/24

24 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Phillips is very much a Craig Levein type player. 

That’s pretty much the only takeaway I have from today’s st Johnstone team. A more than able replacement for Murray Davidson 

I've always liked Phillips...not his best game but until our recent flurry in the midfield is definitely have taken him for us.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Kimpioka is the one who ran around a lot and then got subbed off after an hour.

He was absolutely hopeless. Felt like a throwback player to the 2010s when everyone was skint and would take any old shite from an English academy.

Thought Saints were dreadful second half. All I’m seeing from Kimpioka is that he’s faster than any of our other options. Not particularly convinced by DJ up front, either.

The ball spent a lot of time in the air, which suited Motherwell more than us - we just don’t win those balls. Thought we looked better on Wed night when the ball was kept down more. 

37 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

He was absolutely hopeless. Felt like a throwback player to the 2010s when everyone was skint and would take any old shite from an English academy.

Speedboat no driver etc. 

39 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Alan Preston was getting excited on the  radio about some new St. Johnstone player who he said was lightning quick. Is that him and is he his agent?

Ah for f**k sake, not again. 

57 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Very poor today, thank goodness we have Andy Considine and Ryan McGowan to keep the back solid.

We still never look like scoring.

I said similar at full time. I thought Considine deserved praise for his personal performance. 36 year old and a second 90 mins of the week 👋

41 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Alan Preston was getting excited on the  radio about some new St. Johnstone player who he said was lightning quick. Is that him and is he his agent?

I'll do some digging and see if I can find out if he's his agent!

Gutted we only got a point as we were in complete control for the 2nd half and were playing quite well in places. Our habit of giving every team a soft goal could still be the thing that puts us in the playoffs. Our lack of wins is still a huge concern but we aren't losing many (and it was important that we didn't lose today at a minimum).

On the positive side, we are playing better than we were in the depths of our bad run - that's a low bar but we are looking a bit more confident. I thought Butcher looked a lot more like last season's version, I thought McGinn strolled it over the 90 mins and I thought our midfield looked quite solid throughout. Bair getting another goal and doing it for a 3rd successive league game is excellent and it's just as well he's become a functional striker as we don't have much else. The late cameo from Nicholson was intriguing as he showed some good skill and he might be a good signing.

We've got 2 homes games coming up against Killie and County - surely we can win one of those?

Some reasonably adequate performances from individuals. Absolutely no teamwork or shape at all. We could have fielded 11 new faces out there and come up with as good a performance. 
what the f**k do they work on all week?

DJ and Benji can go now IMO. Absolute fake footballers. Made Bair look decent, and I wasn’t sorry to see him leave. 

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Some reasonably adequate performances from individuals. Absolutely no teamwork or shape at all. We could have fielded 11 new faces out there and come up with as good a performance. 
what the f**k do they work on all week?

DJ and Benji can go now IMO. Absolute fake footballers. Made Bair look decent, and I wasn’t sorry to see him leave. 

Benji at least tries to run about. The lack of effort shown by DJ at times is jaw dropping. Levein says he needs to get players out before he can bring players in. If that’s the case I’ll personally drive DJ back down to Charlton if that gets rid of him. 

By the way think Benji is poor too but would have him before Jayesimi.

Motherwell deserved to win. They at least tried to play and got through us numerous times. We were atrocious in that second half. Unbelievably bad.

Don’t know if we were struggling physically with it being the third game in a week, but only Considine gets pass marks for me. 

Carey dreadful, Max as disinterested as it’s possible to be.  And folk actually wanted Luke Robinson back.. !! 

As bad as Robinson was, he wasn't half left out to dry that last 20 minutes or so. 

Not usually one to boo off but deserved it today. Some guys out there nowhere good enough to be at this level. A total lack of ambition to win the game too. 

Garbage.