Kilmarnock v Cove Rangers

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Added bonus was I finally got an answer to 'How come a guy on loan from Middlesborough can't get a game in the Championship for us?'

Really? He was comfortably their best player. Was impressed with him. Wouldn't have been disappointed to see more of him in the Championship. 

7 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Really? He was comfortably their best player. Was impressed with him. Wouldn't have been disappointed to see more of him in the Championship. 

Agree, he only managed 6 appearences and the only real chance he got to get properly into a game was at Palmerston where he set up the only goal.

I thought we did enough to allow us to leave with our heads held high, I thought maybe 1-0 would have been a fairer result but it’s splitting hairs. 

Watkins I thought was the best player on the park and we struggled everytime he had anything to do with the play. Always thought he never really got a chance at our neighbours. I find the irony that McInnes has built a squad that will challenge for European places given the obsession the sheep have with it is hysterical. Just goes to show that sticking with a manager who has proven ability brings rewards vs chopping and changing every 2 mins. 

Highlights for us was another strong performance from Burrell who seems to be more than comfortable at the higher level and I wonder if some of the lower SPL clubs watched him yesterday? Connell was decent when he came on but really needs to be starting. Some great saves from Suman, word of him injuring himself to prevent the third goal which is worrying. I also thought Josh Kerr struggled yesterday and hasn’t really shown the promise he did at the start of the season. 

Highly enjoyable day out, a warm welcome at the Bowling Club! 

Edited by Watson Nimrod

5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Agree, he only managed 6 appearences and the only real chance he got to get properly into a game was at Palmerston where he set up the only goal.

You only had to watch a few minutes of him to see he wasn't up to it at that level at that point, which obviously both managers saw in training too. He proved that when he struggled in League 1 with Falkirk the following season, but fair play to him, as he has started to get some football under his belt he seems to be thriving at Cove.

10 hours ago, Watson Nimrod said:

Some great saves from Suman, word of him injuring himself to prevent the third goal which is worrying.

I sit almost level with the goalie at that end of the park, and he seemed in real pain after that, it looked like he'd done his back in.