Mathematical Milestones 2023/24

Posted (edited)

After tonight's draw at the ScotFoam Swimming Baths we can now move on to look at Matchday 34 in the Top Half. 

'Rangers' can secure a Top 2 finish if they match Hearts' result. 

Hearts will clinch a top 3 finish if they beat Kilmarnock. 

Killie can clinch a Top 5 finish if they beat Hearts and St Mirren and Dundee don't pick up at least a win and a draw between them in their fixtures against 'Rangers' and Celtic.

Dundee will be unable to finish higher than 5th if they lose to Celtic and Killie beat Hearts. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

• 2 weeks later...

A weekend of top-flight fixtures doesn't feel complete without the latest update on this thread, either for what happened at the weekend, or what could happen next...

(No chance that I will take it upon myself to do the update, though, I'm not that brave (or daft).)

18 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

A weekend of top-flight fixtures doesn't feel complete without the latest update on this thread, either for what happened at the weekend, or what could happen next...

(No chance that I will take it upon myself to do the update, though, I'm not that brave (or daft).)

The big story is that Hibs now can’t be relegated 

Posted (edited)

At the weekend. 

'Rangers' secured a top 2 finish and Killie secured a Top 5 finish and European football. 

Hibs are definitely safe.

Moving on to the upcoming fixtures. 

Hearts will secure 3rd spot and guaranteed Group Stage European football with a win at Parkhead on Saturday, should they fail to win, anything other than a killie win in Mordor will also see the Jambos finish 3rd. 

A Killie victory will secure 4th if St Mirren don't beat Dundee.

St Mirren will be unable to finish 4th if they don't at least match Killies result. 

Dundee will be unable to finish 4th if they don't beat St Mirren or Killie beat 'Rangers'

Into the bottom half. 

Hibs can secure a Top 9 finish if St Johnstone fail to beat Aberdeen or if they beat Ross County. 

Aberdeen will be safe from the playoff with a win against St Johnstone. A draw would be good enough if Ross County fail to beat Hibs. Aberdeen can also secure a Top 9 finish with a win if County fail to beat Hibs. 

Motherwell will be safe with a win against Livi. A draw will be enough if both St Johnstone and Ross County lose. 

St Johnstone will be safe from the automatic drop if they match or better Livingston's result. They'll be unable to catch Hibs with anything other than a win or if Hibs win and unable to catch Aberdeen if they lose to them. 

Ross County will be safe from the automatic drop if they better Livi's result. They'll be unable to catch Hibs unless they beat them, unable to catch Aberdeen if the Dons win and they don't and unable to catch Motherwell if the Steelmen win and County lose. 

Livi will be relegated with a defeat if Ross County pick up a point. A draw will also see them relegated if County win and St Johnstone get anything at Pittodrie. A draw for Livi will mean they are unable to finish higher than 11th. Even with a win, Livi could still be consigned to at least the playoff if either St Johnstone or Ross County win. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

On 30/04/2024 at 10:18, 10menwent2mow said:

'Rangers' secured a top 2 finish and Killie secured a Top 5 finish and European football. 

Hibs are definitely safe.

'Rangers' secured a top 2 finish

image.jpeg.fac18ad3685c2495d4e410b6cdceef3b.jpeg

Challenge accepted

Killie secured a Top 5 finish and European football

image.jpeg.1c0794fffdfd9b6091dde1ade6c8fb10.jpeg

Challenge accepted

Hibs are definitely safe

image.jpeg.202c23a2e2def6a4dfd028127e466c0a.jpeg

Is that the team that plays in the green Arsenal strips?

Killie secured a Top 5 finish and European football.

This isn't true yet, is it?

If Dundee win all four of their games, and St Mirren win their three which aren't against Dundee, and we lose all of ours, then Dundee would be a point ahead of us and St Mirren level on points.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If Dundee win all four of their games, and St Mirren win their three which aren't against Dundee, and we lose all of ours, then Dundee would be a point ahead of us and St Mirren level on points.

You are correct. I apologise. Disaster for Killie. 

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

1 minute ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I have been duped. I feel a fool.

7 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is like a goal being ruled out by VAR

Penalty to ‘Rangers’ incoming?

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

You're forgetting that the Dundee v Killie game is already in the books as a 2-2 draw, so you'll be fine...

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is like a goal being ruled out by VAR

And just like VAR, everyone is merely content that the right and fair conclusion was reached. 

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

You're forgetting that the Dundee v Killie game is already in the books as a 2-2 draw, so you'll be fine...

I'm hoping the Derek-Tony alliance will sort out whatever result seems most suitable.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm hoping the Derek-Tony alliance will sort out whatever result seems most suitable.

Lovely, easy 3 home points then*, as it'll be a total dead rubber for Killie.

Spoiler

*of course not, dunno if anyone's as competitive as McInnes

Killie secured a Top 5 finish and European football.

On 01/05/2024 at 21:19, craigkillie said:

On 01/05/2024 at 23:21, 10menwent2mow said:

Now CONFIRMED.