To go or not to go. Rankers v Ayr

11 hours ago, Weekeith said:

Would like to go to Ipox , but a lot of horror stories of piss and other objects coming from above, any thoughts? 

Went last season with Raith. Was stood right on the segregation line. Zero issues. 

The extent of the intimidation was one lone oddball Rangers fan shouting Mon the pars at us. 

I'm sure people have bad experiences at Ibrox and Celtic Park but I've never found the locals to be particuarly riled up by Raith visiting.

11 hours ago, Weekeith said:

Would like to go to Ipox , but a lot of horror stories of piss and other objects coming from above, any thoughts? 

Used to happen years back when you were in the bottom tier behind the goal, not an issue now that away fans are housed in the corner.

22 hours ago, Weekeith said:

It'll be fine. 

29 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Just put your hood up while listening to some Tina Turner and a splash of the sash, then by reposte, belt out some “Flower of Scotland” and “we support our local team”- pretty standard tbh

Wee guy stuff. 

On 02/02/2024 at 09:03, keyser_soze said:

Used to happen years back when you were in the bottom tier behind the goal, not an issue now that away fans are housed in the corner.

Hmm, not so sure. There was all sorts getting launched over the segregation when we were there last month. Now you're in the corner it can come from both sides and above. Eventually some in our end lost patience and started lobbing stuff back. Totally needless and avoidable if the stewards stamp it out in the first place. 

It's an appalling little oxter of the stadium you're corralled in, hemmed in on both sides by underevolved humanity in their thousands. Outside the stadium can be quite unpleasant: not so bad afterwards as they all leave with 15 minutes to go.

On 06/02/2024 at 23:05, Rugbypark said:

Take your half and half scarf!!

You still slavering on about this pish? Didn't your mob punt your season ticket holders to let one of the OF have a title party in your own midden? This is what happens when, by your own admissions, you've no pals and your wife doesn't let you out the house.

Fwiw, I don't mind Ibrox. Never had any bother in or out the ground although we always get skelped. I'd imagine if we got a result up there it might be a different atmosphere.

Lawrence out, Jack back, Balogun back next week with Cortes and Diomande looking likely to get their first starts since joining.

Don't envisage Clement making drastic changes, although I imagine we will see the likes of Wright, Raskin and Barisic start the match.

Can't see us getting a result so if we give a good account of ourselves I'll be pleased. Will be 3/4-0 probably as we're just too weak defensively and even if Rangers change their team a bit our full backs will still get ripped apart.

Albinson

McAllister Stanger McGinty Reading

Smith Syla Dempsey

Chalmers Dowds Murphy

Never been to Ibrox before, where's best to park?

47 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Prestwick.

Think we’ll see two from the youth team start tomorrow, there’s enough experience in even a rotated first XI that getting games into the likes of Yfeko and Rice will be key.

1 hour ago, GuyIncognito said:

Can't see us getting a result so if we give a good account of ourselves I'll be pleased. Will be 3/4-0 probably as we're just too weak defensively and even if Rangers change their team a bit our full backs will still get ripped apart.

Albinson

Smith Syla Dempsey

Chalmers Dowds Murphy

I always park around Craigton Road. That'll walk you right up to the away end pretty much.

2 hours ago, GuyIncognito said:

Albinson

Smith Syla Dempsey

Chalmers Dowds Murphy

There’s also some fields a few hundred yards north of Ibrox between Columba Street and Brighton Street that is ideal but usually fills up relatively quick so it depends how early you are going.