Stirling v Cove

Coming off a dismal run and 120 minutes on Tuesday at the arse end of nowhere I'm not feeling overly optimistic about the game tomorrow!

We are leaking goals and our attacks are purely one directional; long balls pumped somewhere close to Burrell. 

Conceded 2 or more in 6 out of our last 7 league games. Hopefully that stops tomorrow when we'll at least have full backs of Shiels and Doyle for the first time. Reynolds and Kerr maybe likely at CB. That isn't water tight. Gillingham has completely fallen out of favour and loanee Cameron Stewart isn't up too much.

Binos should be full of confidence after a demolition of Kelty at home last week. I expect a tougher test than the last two visits to Forthbank.

We need 3 points as we are limping along in anticipation of Fyvie returning to get us back on track. A quiet January window for us, with far more out than in, almost feels like we aren't really willing to gamble for playoff glory this season.

I fancy us to score, likely will need two to get a win. BTTS at 4/6 isn't a bad shout. Binos score first they will take all 3 points.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Have to agree with the 1st scorer thing but I do feel slightly buoyed with the prospect of Matty Shiels bringing something to the table on a position we have been devoid of any creativity all season. One would hope that McGowan will be dropped in favour of Connell with a more attacking formation. McGowan wasn’t awful on Tuesday night but maybe his role going forward is being on the bench. 

The window was disappointing but I suspect Hartley wanted to avoid taking any punts after the criticism he got in the summer. He was heading for the door in Sept (as were many of our fans) before we went on that run that none of us would have predicted. We are still short in central defence and the bench is threadbare to say the least. We are in big trouble if we get injuries but I guess we can recall players who we desperately need to get game time if they are going to kick on.

Im going for a 2-2 draw. 

Weather forecast similar to last week, playing surface makes for entertaining football.  Last meeting had me thinking the pack were chasing pos 4 only. Football can bite you in the bum, it's a long time till May.

My juices are flowing for this one and  the result could mean the return of weird dreams. Forthbank community positive re DY signing on till 2026.

41 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Just back from the sunshine and looking forward to this. Same as last week please.

Josh Cooper might just have done enough to earn a start.. .

You would think 3 goals in 20 mins should do it. Isn't he top scorer next to Carrick? Offord looks good too.

PS: If anyone from the club is reading can we stop with "Murder on the dancefloor" tune. Don't think it was played last week so might be a good omen - plus its shite.

Edited by SA45

Really excited about the game…..so that’s a warning sign if there ever was one 😂

The performance last week, the signings in January and the depth of squad, makes me excited that we can be competitive on a weekly basis and will take points from games, especially when side’s aren’t quite on it and by the sound of the posts above and the performances I have seen from Cove this season, I don’t think we have anything to fear, so have a chance.

Agreed with the above, really excited for the game today on the back of last week, trying to not get carried away, 

The team selection is going to be a tough one for DY, but in a nice way I'm sure,

Lot's of competition in all positions, confidence too, let's get behind the lads today & do our part 

C'mon the bino's 💪 🇵🇪

Yes, confidence will be high but I’m sure Cove will be better than Kelty.

im keen to see more of the new additions to the squad and Darren Young now has a pleasant headache in team selection.

Am I right in thinking we’ve never beaten Cove?

19 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

Yes, confidence will be high but I’m sure Cove will be better than Kelty.

im keen to see more of the new additions to the squad and Darren Young now has a pleasant headache in team selection.

Am I right in thinking we’ve never beaten Cove?

@headthebaw we have beaten them once previously

Despite us having the best of the First Half and Cove having the best of the Second, I can’t help but think it was 2 points dropped by us this afternoon.

I think the difference between the 2 sides ended up being the 2 early Jack Leitch efforts, and he missed another good 1 early in the Second, however if he connects properly, a Cooper did last week, with the 2 early cuts backs then the game really is out of sight for Cove early on. 

Frustratingly however, we also allowed Cove to get back into it, after Carrick’s second goal. A few supporters around me were complaining about the Defending, but I thought it was good play by Cove and the only criticism was that Clark jumped in to make the block, but that’s been a bit over critical.

Something I’m not going to hold back in criticism is the near side Linesman. What was that actually about?? Be a man, put your hands up and say you’ve made a mistake and move on from it, don’t gesture and goad the crowd before reporting fans to be removed, absolutely embarrassing. The break where it all “kicked off”, was clearly offside, a whole section of people can’t be wrong. A couple of the shouts were uncalled for but nothing that doesn’t come with the territory. The officiating was sadly poor, it’s quite remarkable that so many Cove players fall over when anyone goes near them, it really is an art. Now I’m not saying there were no fouls but it’s quite staggering the diving that goes on amongst that Cove squad, people simply fall to the ground, even when there’s not a challenge, like Megginson when Paul McLean came near him, just before the Lineman’s tantrum.

Well done to Dale Carrick, I say it all the time but we are so lucky to have him and it was another good 90 minutes for him, like so many others. 2 points dropped, but I would have taken the point before kick off and fair play to the 30 odd Cove fans for coming along to say hi, well done!

Reminded me of the last home game against Queen of the south where first half performance might have brought more goals.

Second a bit more even. Plenty entertainment at times.

Thought that linesman had a shocker and spent the first half watching Dale Hilson get bullied multiple times before he eventually.got a free kick to ironic cheers.

Carrick was excellent. Won a few balls chasing players down and was an absolute nuisance.

Bit disappointed overall. We should have won at least one of those 2 -2 draws with Cove.

I enjoyed the game today. Lots of fight, some good football. Some good luck, some bad. It does feel like a chance to win squandered though with chances missed. Tough luck on Dale Carrick with his header coming back off the post at the end.  Not unhappy though with that losing streak behind us.

1st half was really good,we passed the ball well & used it to open up Cove many times, Hilson got zero protection 1st half yet the Cove players must have had a coaching lesson from Tom Daley on diving, the one on the touchline under the West stand was embarrassing 😳 

We could have put the game to bed in the 1st half if Leitch took his chances, oh to have Josh Cooper on the end of them from last week, but wasn't to be, 1-0 at half time flattered Cove, 2nd half we started slowly, we let them get into the game, then we started being careless with the ball, needlessly giving it away at times & Clark just hoofing it away to nobody & inviting pressure back onto us, conceded a poor 1st goal but got a fortunate 2nd with the deflection,not to take away the great work by Hilson in the build up & vision to pick out Carrick with the pass, i thought that would settle us down & get a rhythm back, but hit with another sucker punch, Cammy was really poor for that goal, i have a feeling once he's out of the team he won't get back in, 

We really have had some awful officials this season, & today's linesman was so so bad, embarrassing by the standards required, then when he gets stick he turns round to goad the fan's for a reaction, gets it then runs to the bench to complain.. absolute clownshoe....

2 point's dropped or a point gained....still hard to take....anyway keeps the unbeaten run going... we go again on Tuesday against Montrose... hope the 34 Cove fans weren't too cold 🙄

Bit of an escape job for us but I thought everytime we attacked the Stirling defence looked a bit vulnerable. I think most of the 35 travelling support would have settled for a draw although our creativity is really limited at the moment with Fyvie still absent. 

Positives for us was Sena again having a decent game and Matty Sheils looking a bit more at home. Connell definitely added a bit more creativity when he came on and his dead ball work is better than anything we start with. Ola looked a yard or two off but he will come good I think as his movement was reasonable. 

Yup all in all a decent result for us.