Greenock Morton v Motherwell

13 minutes ago, MORleyTON said:

My post above from Dale would imply it's mainly due to the potential of fans moving around from the WDE to the corner/end of the Cowshed and the associated segregation.

This would make some sense if it was a last minute decision due to a forecast for heavy rain to stop overcrowding under the roof but the Met Office claim it's to be dry.

Sounds like it's a decision from the club which is quite disappointing. Not that we'd smash through the supposed 2,500 capacity but there's still going to be people missing out as a result. Just brings a slight air of negativity that we don't need, bit of a shame after the excellent build up. Still very much looking forward to it regardless.

2 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

This would make some sense if it was a last minute decision due to a forecast for heavy rain to stop overcrowding under the roof but the Met Office claim it's to be dry.

Sounds like it's a decision from the club which is quite disappointing. Not that we'd smash through the supposed 2,500 capacity but there's still going to be people missing out as a result. Just brings a slight air of negativity that we don't need, bit of a shame after the excellent build up. Still very much looking forward to it regardless.

Yeah, but there is always the potential for a sudden downpour, it is Greenock. The fact they are considering it is different, I barely recall that corner ever really being used. When we beat Peterhead to win League One I think was last time I saw it.

I've been reading on our forum about multiple gantries potentially being used too, which would reduce capacity also, and possibly the reason for the ticket office not being open too but this is a bit hearsay at the moment. Also maybe staff are being pulled to operate hand scanners.

Dales post does little to clarify fully, which although to be fair to him, he's done more than the club have done in recent years.

I think the clubs post could have added more detail, a few lines to explain more. We don't need a step by step plan.

32 minutes ago, cet homme charmant said:

We're really not, you're overlooking the obvious that they're playing at a significantly higher level than us.

We're in with a great shout for sure, but labelling us as favourites is foolhardy.

I think what also gets overlooked in the "Motherwell are struggling" narrative is that we've only lost 2 of our last 12, and one of them was against Rangers.

1 minute ago, Al B said:

I think what also gets overlooked in the "Motherwell are struggling" narrative is that we've only lost 2 of our last 12, and one of them was against Rangers.

Aye, I'm not buying into this 'Motherwell are off-form' stuff, Premiership teams have been struggling against Motherwell for a couple months now so we've got no right to be expecting a result. That said, how many Premiership teams would go to East End Park and win 5-0?

Very much a 50/50, anything can happen kind of night more than anything. Wouldn't be mega surprised if Motherwell give us a doing, won't be surprised if we give Motherwell a doing, won't be surprised if it's 0-0.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Really hope the additional turnstiles being opened works as intended. Pretty apprehensive about this given the shambles of the Partick games, and the fact the crowd is going to significantly larger tonight. I will not be taking any chances, probably going to try get there for 7.15 to be safe.

Otherwise, really looking forward to this. Love the Scottish Cup.

I appreciate you might not know about the away end but please tell me you're not one of those clubs that open 1 or 2 turnstiles despite knowing there's going to be a good away support (wave to St Mirren).  

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I appreciate you might not know about the away end but please tell me you're not one of those clubs that open 1 or 2 turnstiles despite knowing there's going to be a good away support (wave to St Mirren).  

I dont think there's a turnstile problem for the away end, it's the home end where its been a shambles.

This will be by far the biggest away crowd since we went to electronic turnstiles, so who knows it might well turn out to be a shambles also.

2 minutes ago, cet homme charmant said:

That's only half of it! He also claimed he got a trial for Den Haag at the age of 37, after impressing their boss in a Works league match.

I'm gonna have to pay more attention to the lower leagues threads. 

We’ve been good the last few game, Kettlewell has us playing nice football and we’re actually scoring a fair few goals this season (4th in the league). However…. we still look capable of conceding shite goals though, even the 5-0 the other night, County were finding space in the box and at times we looked a wee bit disorganised at the back. Other teams would’ve punished us.

My point is, there could be goals tonight. I’m really looking forward to it. 

39 minutes ago, Al B said:

The very point I made on page 1 of this thread. But some Morton fans seem to be ignoring 😁.

In many ways there are similarities in that both teams form has picked up these past 2 months. We have not won as many games as Morton and have conceded more goals no doubt but then we are playing Hearts, Celtic, Aberdeen etc and not Arbroath or Dunfermline whose defence can only be described as utterly abysmal. 

I assume Well fans who want to sit in the Main stand area enter at the Wee Dublin End and walk through on a 1st come 1st served basis. I was just told to buy Wee Dublin End tickets my MFC ticket office. 

Edited by welldaft

29 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I dont think there's a turnstile problem for the away end

Not sure that's strictly true. Yes, there's no issue of people not knowing how to scan a ticket but but hand scanning and a big crowd to get through a couple of turnstiles will still be chaos if they all turn up late.

1 hour ago, Ferguson said:

How many Premiership teams would go to East End Park and win 5-0?

Given that extra-special Pars masterclass in comedy defending, I'd hazard a guess at all of them. Even Livingston would give them a blootering.

33 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Not sure that's strictly true. Yes, there's no issue of people not knowing how to scan a ticket but but hand scanning and a big crowd to get through a couple of turnstiles will still be chaos if they all turn up late.

... which they're bound to do since nobody will want to stand on an exposed elevated terracing for 30/40 minutes before kick-off in the teeth of a biting easterly wind.

Edited by TONTROOPER

Really looking forward to this night. If Motherwell turn up it’s academic, but if we can get an early goal and maybe expose some of the fragilities at the back, we could have a shout. 

Think it should be a good game with a cracking regardless. Hopefully the weather calms down a wee bit. 

Have had a few Well fans asking about pubs. The Norseman on rhe corner of the ground is…The Norseman, but if you stay on the train to Cartsdyke there’s better options.

31 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

if we can get an early goal and maybe expose some of the fragilities at the back, we could have a shout.

I think this is beyond "having a shout", and into the most likely outcome for me.

The main thing that has caused us to have to continually claw back draws, is just not settling at the back and teams scoring with their first real attack, regardless of when in the game that comes. I'm sure that won't have gone un-noticed and whereas the instructions for most teams playing a club from a league above would be to keep it tight for the first half hour, I fully expect this to be the opposite and the instructions will be to try and hit us early.