EOS League cup 2024

Posted (edited)

Who from the EoSFL is making these decisions,regarding venues for finals ???

As bad as the SPFL admitting LL sides into the Challenge Cup who finished nowhere near the top of their league !!

Edited by Dav nan Gael

10 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

Dunipace v Bo'ness Athletic last season was held at Meggettland.

Exactly what I was thinking. I think realistically the options for a venue become restricted once u hit late may/June. Our parks getting another drain put in so is dug up. I'm sure others have started their preparations for next season

7 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Who from the EoSFL is making these decisions,regarding venues for finals ???

As bad as the SPFL admitting LL sides into the Challenge Cup who finished nowhere near the top of their league !!

A lot of places will be working on parks for next season now. So parks have to be available it's not just someone going we will hold the game their.

41 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know, I was one who criticised it. My point was I can do it in 20 minutes in the car, but it'll mean giving up my afternoon in the pub and it might be ok getting there on public transport, getting back is a trail.

I doubt I'm the only one who'd like to step on a train and be delivered to the venue town, particularly on a Friday night.

The games on Saturday 

4 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

A lot of places will be working on parks for next season now. So parks have to be available it's not just someone going we will hold the game their.

So there wouldn't be a ground more halfway then ?

Albyn Park in Broxburn is synthetic,why not there ???

In terms of public transport. Train to Falkirk or Stirling from Edinburgh, bus to Denny and then a two-minute walk to the ground from Denny Cross.

I'm tempted to approach the league and ask about doing a livestream on YouTube (but expect it'll get knocked back or they'll want to monetise it someway)

1 minute ago, Dav nan Gael said:

So there wouldn't be a ground more halfway then ?

Albyn Park in Broxburn is synthetic,why not there ???

Think they've got to look at spreading finals out across the grounds in the league. If you always look to keep it centralised between the two teams, the same handful of clubs will end up hosting the bulk of the finals (and get a wee financial benefit from it over time)

6 minutes ago, Dunipace FC said:

Here's a guide to Westfield I made for this season. Might be handy to some.

Guide.pdf 4.15 MB · 0 downloads

Can't get it to open. I had the same problem sharing pdf's on here before but can't remember how it got it to work.

Make sure you have the sharing options set to 'anyone with a link' at your end

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

Can't get it to open. I had the same problem sharing pdf's on here before but can't remember how it got it to work.

Make sure you have the sharing options set to 'anyone with a link' at your end

forgot there's a version on the (badly needing updated) website too so just linked to that

8 hours ago, Dunipace FC said:

In terms of public transport. Train to Falkirk or Stirling from Edinburgh, bus to Denny and then a two-minute walk to the ground from Denny Cross.

I'm tempted to approach the league and ask about doing a livestream on YouTube (but expect it'll get knocked back or they'll want to monetise it someway)

Would getting train to Camelon from Edinburgh then bus (number 1) to Denny be easier/quicker? Or does it not really matter? Thanks

12 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Would getting train to Camelon from Edinburgh then bus (number 1) to Denny be easier/quicker? Or does it not really matter? Thanks

That would be probably be quicker @atfccfc, but it depends on what train you get. More trains pass through Falkirk than Camelon but if it makes sense getting the Edinburgh to Dunblane train over the Edinburgh to Glasgow train (as an example) then it would be quicker and easier.

13 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Camelon is fine - just don't do Larbert. The only direct bus to Denny from there goes on a magical mystery tour.

1 hour ago, Dislocated Boy said:

That would be probably be quicker @atfccfc, but it depends on what train you get. More trains pass through Falkirk than Camelon but if it makes sense getting the Edinburgh to Dunblane train over the Edinburgh to Glasgow train (as an example) then it would be quicker and easier.

Think it's 4x per hour through Falkirk High or 2x per hour via Falkirk Grahamston (then Camelon)