Rosyth FC have folded

17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I don't think it changes much from a football perspective. Sounds to me that Lidl backed out of the deal due to cost, the site has been punted around other supermarkets by the developer with no takers and been brought back to Lidl at a lower fee.

The few hundred grand allocated to getting rosyth a new ground has been spent, just a pity it's ended up in the hands of the dodgy banker and his equally (but more incompetent) dodgy daughter.

like a previous poster said this all stinks that a dodgy git like Masterston can get his hands on public money. 

It's not as if, unlike say Edinburgh, Fife doesn't have land to build on without giving money to a guy like him. 

mason.jpg.3d0934dab16be6487017b53d87c5ec6f.jpg

Utterly shameful how Dunfermline Athletic contributed to the death of another football club, you’d think after how close they’d come themselves they might have lent a wee hand.

I don’t want to share it here as I’ve got no idea about the claims made in it but I googled Gavin Masterston and found a pretty incredible article from 2013 written by an Ian Fraser. Worth a read.

9 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t want to share it here as I’ve got no idea about the claims made in it but I googled Gavin Masterston and found a pretty incredible article from 2013 written by an Ian Fraser. Worth a read.

The deal was,  if clubs needing to upgrade stadiums needed loans they couldn't afford. Masterton ensured they got them, he further referred customers to Murray and Barr Construction to provide materials and build the stands/stadiums. Of course the reason they needed them was the Murray led 10k seat rule all dreamt up while dodging tax.

On 15/07/2024 at 19:29, parsforlife said:

I don't think it changes much from a football perspective. Sounds to me that Lidl backed out of the deal due to cost, the site has been punted around other supermarkets by the developer with no takers and been brought back to Lidl at a lower fee.

The few hundred grand allocated to getting rosyth a new ground has been spent, just a pity it's ended up in the hands of the dodgy banker and his equally (but more incompetent) dodgy daughter.

The money went to Dunfermline athletics new training ground, not Pitreavie. Pitreavie as far as I’m aware haven’t had a penny. I’m 

Decided to pull in here when passing tonight. I never made it to this park before it ceased, just the one time up at their last park as well.

What a great shame it is that a town the size of Rosyth doesn’t have a team to represent it.

IMG_1997.jpeg

IMG_1998.jpeg

On 20/07/2024 at 11:40, Scribbles said:

The money went to Dunfermline athletics new training ground, not Pitreavie. Pitreavie as far as I’m aware haven’t had a penny. I’m 

False on both accounts. 

The money for the Dunfermline training ground was completely seperate, Pitreavie have had the money and have now built a pitch for heehaw. 

On 16/07/2024 at 18:25, Enigma said:

Utterly shameful how Dunfermline Athletic contributed to the death of another football club, you’d think after how close they’d come themselves they might have lent a wee hand.

Good fishing trip mate.