Rosyth FC have folded

25 minutes ago, kendoddsdugsdeed said:

could they groundshare with inverkeithing or even burntisland until the end of the season?

Too late. There have informed the league of their decision.

And they would have considered all options before making such a drastic move.

Sad to hear. Hopefully they are able to sort something out and return to the EoS in the future. 

Does this mean only two teams will be automatically relegated from the first and second division now (depending on Lowland League promotion/relegation)?

6 minutes ago, stanley said:

Sad to hear. Hopefully they are able to sort something out and return to the EoS in the future. 

Does this mean only two teams will be automatically relegated from the first and second division now (depending on Lowland League promotion/relegation)?

Yes. It has a knock on effect to the second division.

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

A Certain ex banker has tried to f**k them over with rental costs,  looks like he succeeded.

Apologies for all the questions, just genuinely interested as clubs folding is an all too common occurrence these days…

Who’s the ex-banker? I take it he owns the ground? Does he have history with the club that he’d “f**k them over” or is it simply just greed?

Also why were Rosyth asked to leave Recreation Park before?

Edited by 8MileBU

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Not sure how it works. 

I take it ALL results involving Rosyth will be void now thus meaning teams will lose winning/drawing points and Rosyth will finish bottom? 

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Not sure how it works. 

I take it ALL results involving Rosyth will be void now thus meaning teams will lose winning/drawing points and Rosyth will finish bottom? 

You are correct. Same thing happened when Syngenta folded.

i haven’t looked at the bottom but it makes the promotion race tighter as Newtongrange, Dunipace and Camelon will all lose three points while St Andrews and Whitburn have defeats to Rosyth wiped from their records.

43 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Not sure how it works. 

Wiped entirely and recorded as a 15 team league.

Quick working out, human error possible.

Relegation should be pretty cut and dry now. Unless the slight possibility of "4 down" dragging 13th into a relegation spot.

image.png.d9b04f9813f56d059bd618ba4905bdeb.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

52 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

So they could clear the site for building lidl which never happened. Their was a pub to be demolished as well which was part of the land so I presume it was to do with that. 

Council probably wanted less obstacles so it would go through 

That's too bad but the plans for the new ground never looked like they were going to properly meet EoS standards, so this has maybe been coming for a while. Guess there must be a reason they can't play at the athletics stadium like the Jubilee Athletic incarnation of the club did back in the day. Is the ex-banker mentioned above Gavin Masterton?

7 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Apologies for all the questions, just genuinely interested as clubs folding is an all too common occurrence these days…

Who’s the ex-banker? I take it he owns the ground? Does he have history with the club that he’d “f**k them over” or is it simply just greed?

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Is the ex-banker mentioned above Gavin Masterton?

Yes, utter rat of a man, he doesn’t technically own pitreavie but he got a lease on it as pars owner(under the clubs name) and bounced it around various companies until it somehow ended up being owned by his pension fund, the lease has more than enough time on it to see himself and his kids out 

From what I’m reading he’s asked for a ridiculously high sum for rosyth to use the section of ground, now they either pay it(I don’t know how tbh) and he cashes in or they don’t, are forced to fold and he’s got himself a brand new Astro to let out to Joe public. Win win for him and he couldn’t give a f**k about anyone else 

Edited by parsforlife

In a perfect world the SFA would standard issue advice available to all clubs on this sort of matter as all too many clubs have had significant issues over the years. However, not much chance of that!

This really isn't good to see, Rosyth have been shafted at every turn, the Council need to take a lions share of the responsibility it appears.

However I've said before that looking at the plans for Pitreavie - and comparing to Fleet Grounds - I couldn't see how that met EoS regulations either.

Hopeully something comes of this allowing them to rejoin at some point.

20 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

This really isn't good to see, Rosyth have been shafted at every turn, the Council need to take a lions share of the responsibility it appears.

However I've said before that looking at the plans for Pitreavie - and comparing to Fleet Grounds - I couldn't see how that met EoS regulations either.

Hopeully something comes of this allowing them to rejoin at some point.

we go on about regulations but theirs some you'd have to question like how Civil Service have a licence when the changing rooms are so far away. I dont think the fleet grounds were that bad. The pitch could have been doing with being wider but the changing rooms arent that far away.

Rosyth were pulled from the EOS league cup draw but I wonder if Peebles will be put through or someone will get a bye in the third round of the king cup. Not sure what the legislation is on this.