Wasps v Binos

Derby Day on Saturday. Think we will be favourites as we have been on a great run under Andy and been playing great football, Stirling have been picking up results the last few weeks however. But still think we will get the three points in a big next three games to try get that playoff place

Three away wins in the Derby this season, hoping the trend continues on Saturday. 

Do Alloa still have an issue with the wee fannies behind the Clackmannan Road end goal who rush out the exit gates early to confront away fans exiting past KFC ?

Recall this being an issue at both games at The Recs in August and Recall hearing something unsavoury happened with these wee Danny Dyer wannabees at a game against Edinburgh recently?

46 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Do Alloa still have an issue with the wee fannies behind the Clackmannan Road end goal who rush out the exit gates early to confront away fans exiting past KFC ?

Recall this being an issue at both games at The Recs in August and Recall hearing something unsavoury happened with these wee Danny Dyer wannabees at a game against Edinburgh recently?

Unfortunately yes, our wee fannies are still there.

Would like to see the club try and do something to stop them but not sure what they can really do. If we end up with more and more away supporters not coming to the game (have seen a couple of Alloa fans say they're not coming due to recent troubles too) because of them, the clubs finances will suffer.

The Club are trying to do something , its costing the club revenue for the extra stewarding which we saw at the falkirk game ,with a new tactic of not letting the scrotes out till well after the end of the game ,so it seemed anyway . not an easy sitution to deal with 

as for the game it will be a close one but we are much better than the last time we played the Bino's here , should be a good competitive game 

Looking forward to the return of David Devine  too but no idea how far away that may be  .

I have no idea what to expect on Saturday, was confident before Tuesday night we could turn Montrose over given our recent form, but it turned into a nightmare, worst performance I've witnessed in 2 years, we just abandoned everything good we had done & resorted to playing hoof ball or punt it out the park, manager tried changing formation 3 times & waste of time when hoof ball continued,, as per standard no sign of a substitute before 65 minutes which by then all tactics, confidence, drive had gone 0-2 flattered us 

Saturdays teamsheet will be interesting,, also how far loyalty stretches after that 

IMO & thought's throwing in 3 changes 

McGeachie for Cummings 

Crane for Clark 

Offord for Hilson 

Possibly Wilson for Milne 

3 hours ago, Rory said:

Hopefully a home win and a Bobby Wales hattrick.

Think I'd go with the same XI as Annan. Would possibly swap Devine in for McKay if he's fit.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bobby achieves that. Yeah think we should stay with the same XI and keep that consistency , yeah think if there is any changes Devine is the only one if he's fit. 

23 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

I Didn't know you had Keiran Offord with you now ,  Loan for the rest of the season I presume  ?

Yes, St Mirren recalled him from ECFC & subsequently we signed him for remainder of the season, he's looked good, pretty sharp when given a run, yet to make a starting line up, hopefully sooner rather than later 

45 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Yes, St Mirren recalled him from ECFC & subsequently we signed him for remainder of the season, he's looked good, pretty sharp when given a run, yet to make a starting line up, hopefully sooner rather than later 

He will most likely be  directly up against his parent club teammate Ethan sutherland , should be interesting ..

1 hour ago, LoganAAFC said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Bobby achieves that. Yeah think we should stay with the same XI and keep that consistency , yeah think if there is any changes Devine is the only one if he's fit. 

Wales is a great prospect. 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

IMO & thought's throwing in 3 changes 

McGeachie for Cummings 

Crane for Clark 

Offord for Hilson 

Possibly Wilson for Milne 

I'd go with that too. Give them a chance from the start instead of waiting, although it worked vs Kelty. Wilson has had a few assists so hope he gets some more starts.

18 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Three away wins in the Derby this season, hoping the trend continues on Saturday. 

It was similar at Forthbank earlier in the season when some of the Alloa fans were having to run the gauntlet back to the train station. Sadly I expect both of the young teams to be out in force for this one. A growing trend seemingly who loosely attach themselves to all three clubs in Forth Valley for an excuse to cause bother.

7 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

It was similar at Forthbank earlier in the season when some of the Alloa fans were having to run the gauntlet back to the train station. Sadly I expect both of the young teams to be out in force for this one. A growing trend seemingly who loosely attach themselves to all three clubs in Forth Valley for an excuse to cause bother.

Should just let both sets of wee fannies batter each other in KFC whilst all the normal people get on with watching the game imo.

4 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

My daughter has told me the police were present at the towns secondary school assembly today to try and prevent trouble at the game tomorrow.

Hope they hung around and belted out a few hymns afterwards.

Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning….

On 08/02/2024 at 14:54, Rory said:

Unfortunately yes, our wee fannies are still there.

Would like to see the club try and do something to stop them but not sure what they can really do. If we end up with more and more away supporters not coming to the game (have seen a couple of Alloa fans say they're not coming due to recent troubles too) because of them, the clubs finances will suffer.

After the behaviour at the pre-season game and at the first league meeting, I know of 4 older supporters that aren’t going, who would normally be there, so there’s probably about £100, all in, that the club have lost. 

Onto the game, I hope we play better than we did in the last meeting, we were awful at Forthbank. Not sure about changes in all honesty, the 1 that I would definitely make is Cooper coming in for Leitch, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.