Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

GIRFUY Levein you boring specky twat, the 'who the fucks he' trumpet who did the cupped ears to the Derry after being subbed, and the thirty year old perth virgin sticking 'saints on tour' stickers on lamp posts.

Thank you.

Hahahaha, I saw that also in Isla Street on the way to the game, two clowns consisting of a 50+ something and the sticker poster who was certainly very late 20's at best!

What the absolute f**k, beyond believe, what goes through their nappers. Not hellish much it would appear, imho. 

BobandPaul.jpg.aefa6a1be94b4ba59c5d2f04ea7f7dfc.jpg  

13 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Aim to be a winger. If yer shite you become a wingback.

NOBODY WANTS TO BE A GARY NEVILLE

He wouldn’t have had the same career today, very good player though. 

1 hour ago, Dee Bliss said:

The exact opposite to how I saw it. 

Yeah, I’m surprised that anyone could be critical of Sidibeh’s performance. I’m happy to accept that St Johnstone were dire, but his performance was a definite highlight (especially considering that was his first 90 minutes in full-time football).

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Is Stuart Cosgrove a headline writer for the BBC?  A win for Dundee it most certainly was.  A derby it most certainly is not.

We have United.  Saints have Jeanfield Swifts.

'Mon the Swifts. My favourite team in Perth by some distance.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

His 1 v 1 defending is up there with the very best.

One total random from St Mirren, McMenamin I think it was, tore him a new arsehole and he seems to have taken that personally as he's just taken to putting wingers in his back pocket ever since.

It was a 45 minute problem, which we fixed at half time. Our formation that day was wrong. It was 3-4-1-2 with wing backs, Beck and McCowan making up two of the midfield four. Beck had to cover the left midfield area as well as the left flank. St Mirren targeted the space behind and around Beck, overloading him repeatedly and giving McMenamin a half yard start on him.

Docherty sorted it at half time without using subs. We switched to four at the back and a flatter, wider midfield. That changed the game and Beck had an excellent second half. McCowan hasn't been used as a wing back since - thank goodness. He's been outstanding in central midfield.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yeah, I’m surprised that anyone could be critical of Sidibeh’s performance. I’m happy to accept that St Johnstone were dire, but his performance was a definite highlight (especially considering that was his first 90 minutes in full-time football).

He was decent considering he's just stepped up a few levels. His decision making was poor at times, but he's up against far better defenders than he's used to. If he's genuinely any good then that's all a useful learning experience. It will be interesting to see what happens.

image.png.202da916aaba6487b35c2343dee5c706.png

I do think it is a penalty fwiw, Gordon kinda just slaps Bakayoko in the face which on its own doesn't look too bad, but that and holding his head down while the ball is going right to where his head would've been otherwise and then using Bakayoko's shoulders to jump up, shows that Gordon is preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity. I can see others disagreeing but I think it's the correct decision and would feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot... and also I don't care lol

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1st Post.

glad mellons on the mend. 

we rode our luck, some concerns over big Jo, he was struggling with the pace of ST J fwds. Good tactics from TD to bring beck back to cover. 

the Dee edged it in the end, and the eye poke looks deliberate. 

The time wasting and cheap fouls backfired on St J in the end! 

Carey is good player, would love him at Dundee!

I thought Donnolly or Beck was MOM, followed by Sylla and McGhee. 

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm giggled there's people out there tallying up how many nutmeg happen in a game then compiling a league table.

What a fucking world we live in.

It’s a very important statistic. Does anyone have any idea what Matt Smith’s xN (expected nutmegs) was yesterday?

7 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Maybe the club should try a polite request for him to be removed from duty while the Mellon incident is investigated. It’s a major issue 

I'd be wary of the Scottish FA because they are just as liable to turn around and fine the club because a member of staff ran on to the pitch without being given the OK from the officials.

Totally the correct thing to do, of course, and big props to the doctor for seeing Mellon was in trouble. Health and safety comes first and foremost every single time, and there's no way a referee's judgement should ever take precedence over a doctor's, but it would just be typical SFA to take umbrage at a club having the temerity to question their officials (except if you are Sevco obviously) and hit back like toddlers.

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I do think it is a penalty fwiw, Gordon kinda just slaps Bakayoko in the face which on its own doesn't look too bad, but that and holding his head down while the ball is going right to where his head would've been otherwise and then using Bakayoko's shoulders to jump up, shows that Gordon is preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity. I can see others disagreeing but I think it's the correct decision and would feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot... and also I don't care lol

Who is the specky git in the background?

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

This is why we'll be stuck with VAR.

Until fans, and managers, start complaining about it even when they get decisions, nothing will be done.

Authorities will just see folk complaining when it goes against their team, and then saying "we were due some luck" when it goes for them, and claim its club bias thats making them hate VAR and if anything that proves its working.

Its an absolute stain on the game that needs hounded out by everybody, every week.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Until fans, and managers, start complaining about it even when they get decisions, nothing will be done.

Why would we complain about yesterday’s decision when it was correct?

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Why would we complain about yesterday’s decision when it was correct?

Because you wouldnt be calling it correct if it went against you.

Technically Hearts penalty against you was correct but how many of your fans defended that decision?

Literally every corner yesterday had players bear hugging each other to the ground or preventing each other getting to the ball, and VAR never got involved. Costelloe got wiped out in the box and VAR never got involved. Yet that one time VAR randomly got involved.

If you support VAR when it randomly goes for you, dont bitch and moan when it randomly goes against you. That's what it is, just complete and utter luck of the draw on whether they can be arsed looking for something, as when they decide they will theyll spend ages trying to make a decision. 

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Pitch quality doesn't look great, mind. Docherty must have had something to say about that afterwards, I bet.

Screenshot_20240212-075510.png

Dundee fans were hounding our keeper for time wasting, while it was obvious after his first goal kick (where he could barely keep his footing and slipped after kicking the ball) that he just didnt trust the absolute bogland of their box at all.