Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Because you wouldnt be calling it correct if it went against you.

Technically Hearts penalty against you was correct but how many of your fans defended that decision?

Literally every corner yesterday had players bear hugging each other to the ground or preventing each other getting to the ball, and VAR never got involved. Costelloe got wiped out in the box and VAR never got involved. Yet that one time VAR randomly got involved.

If you support VAR when it randomly goes for you, dont bitch and moan when it randomly goes against you. That's what it is, just complete and utter luck of the draw on whether they can be arsed looking for something, as when they decide they will theyll spend ages trying to make a decision. 

Shutup and take your medicine ffs. You lot didn’t deserve the win. End of. 

Plenty of times I’ve bemoaned VAR this season but it’s the teams responsibility to react and claw back points. 

It’s not as if we didn’t have bad decisions before VAR. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans were hounding our keeper for time wasting, while it was obvious after his first goal kick (where he could barely keep his footing and slipped after kicking the ball) that he just didnt trust the absolute bogland of their box at all.

Fucking hell. Like I said, Docherty must have been furious.

Unless he only complains about pitches when they lose. Surely not.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Technically Hearts penalty against you was correct but how many of your fans defended that decision?

That decision wasn’t correct, technically or otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Shutup and take your medicine ffs. You lot didn’t deserve the win. End of. 

Plenty of times I’ve bemoaned VAR this season but it’s the teams responsibility to react and claw back points. 

It’s not as if we didn’t have bad decisions before VAR. 

We didnt lose because of VAR, ive said multiple times you were the better team.

I think its a stain on the game and needs punted though, so every week pressure needs put on clubs and authorities to get rid of it.

It's forcing people away from attending games and I'm approaching that stage too. The game randomly stopping every week for 5 minutes at a time so they can randomly find a reason to justify the money spent on it, and its pure luck whether the decision goes for you or against you. The whole theatre of a ref going to the monitor is bollocks too, when 99% of the time it means theyre changing the on field decision.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

That decision wasn’t correct, technically or otherwise. 

Hands away from his body, making his silhouette unnaturally big.

Screenshot_20240212_081633_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a9aaf0de401d68aecaf093dc693fea9f.jpg

Its a bollocks decision that Hearts got away with a few days later.

Because VAR is random and shit.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Pitch quality doesn't look great, mind. Docherty must have had something to say about that afterwards, I bet.

Screenshot_20240212-075510.png

:lol:

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans were hounding our keeper for time wasting, while it was obvious after his first goal kick (where he could barely keep his footing and slipped after kicking the ball) that he just didnt trust the absolute bogland of their box at all.

:lol::lol:

56 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What a load of absolute shite.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've heard it all now.

Our goalkeeper wasn't time wasting, it was the treacherous ground under foot.

mud.gif.0c90000b9bebdce083e7fa0a90ef4ec7.gif

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I've heard it all now.

Our goalkeeper wasn't time wasting, it was the treacherous ground under foot.

mud.gif.0c90000b9bebdce083e7fa0a90ef4ec7.gif

Could tell by how many steps he takes.

Usually he average 2.7 steps per kick after collecting from a corner, yesterday was 7.73, combine that with him usually kicking the ball ~67.2 yards within 1.5 seconds of collecting, to ~36.6 yards within 12.3 seconds, and you can tell he was just being cautious.

The mud reached up 30% of his boot by full time, usually its just under 20%.

Bogland.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Usually he average 2.7 steps per kick after collecting from a corner, yesterday was 7.73, combine that with him usually kicking the ball ~67.2 yards within 1.5 seconds of collecting, to ~36.6 yards within 12.3 seconds, and you can tell he was just being cautious.

Bogland.

Well played.

So many things to try to comment on so I’ll try to keep it (relatively) brief.

The formation we started with was our biggest problem, leaving the CBs hugely exposed, not helped by the absence of a more mobile defensive midfielder in Boateng.  Once that was fixed we looked much better.

Don’t think Carson can be blamed for the goal, it was just a clever finish that wrong footed him. He had a good game otherwise. Also didn’t slip once in the “treacherous” penalty areas.

The penalty was technically correct, but incredibly soft, much like the one against Hearts, with much the same impact on the game, so for once these things maybe did even themselves out.

Not sure why sportscene omitted our header cleared off the line, or a couple of efforts saved or narrowly wide. It made the first half look much more one sided than it was.

The Mellon situation was baffling, made worse by the fact there was no action taken and the foul on Costelloe was surely a penalty, although again sportscene didn’t really look.

One day my kids, once they are old enough to understand, will refuse to believe me when I tell them the sensational Wales full back that just marked the great Mbappe out of a World Cup match used to play for Dundee.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Wee bit like Robinson yesterday talking about the horrible pitch in new Love St (nae idea what you're stadium is called these days)

Thought Dundee deserved to win but have to say I was beginning to think it was one of those days prior to the penalty decision. I hate VAR and yesterday proved once again that it's ruining our game, probably the softest penalty I have ever seen us awarded.

Up until then I thought the Saints back 4 had been very good with some great interceptions, blocks in the box. After we scored however there was only one team that looked like winning. I think their defence will help them get enough points to finish 10th though.

For the Dee, full marks have to be given to Donnelly, Sylla and Cameron with McGhee not far behind. If Sylla plays like that every week then he stays in the team.

Was disappointed again with Robinson and despite his work rate wee Tiffoney isn't doing it for us I'm afraid. He may still come good though. 

Decent crowd and a healthy travelling support making for a good atmosphere.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

At a number of goal kicks your keeper shouted at one of your players to get their attention and once that was achieved he gave them a thumbs up.  He thereafter proceeded to do the exact same to another player.  At one goal kick he did it to three players.  Only then did he slowly begin to take the goal kick.  

By my assessment I don’t think that has anything to do with the pitch.  You may of course assess those actions differently. 

It was noticeable that when 2-1 down your keeper simply got on with things in an extremely efficient manner.

ETA just read your stat post about number of steps.  Superb 😂 -although I’d like some independent verification of them…📉 📊 

Edited by Shadow Play

Genuinely beginning to feel uncomfortable with how much Eric Nicholson is up St Johnstone's arse and being paid to do so. Never witnessed someone act as big a shill as he does even for the OF.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Genuinely beginning to feel uncomfortable with how much Eric Nicholson is up St Johnstone's arse and being paid to do so. Never witnessed someone act as big a shill as he does even for the OF.

I suppose the club doctor came rushing on to the pitch despite the best efforts of the referee for no reason then. 

Are people really paid to be that dense?

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bogland.

This is tremendous