Dumbarton vs Forfar

11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Does anyone remember a time when you’d wake up on a Saturday excited for our game? Nope, me neither.

The 2-2 away at Stirling Albion last season was possibly the last time I got up & thought this should be a good game, it was, great crowd too.

I'd probably need to go back to when we were in the Championship, looking forward to competing & putting Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hamilton etc to the sword at The Rock tbh though.

*sigh*

15 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

The 2-2 away at Stirling Albion last season was possibly the last time I got up & thought this should be a good game, it was, great crowd too.

I'd probably need to go back to when we were in the Championship, looking forward to competing & putting Hibs, Dundee Utd, Hamilton etc to the sword at The Rock tbh though.

*sigh*

It wasn't a Saturday but based on that Stirling away game I was actually quite excited for the Annan play off game. Not so much in that I was expecting a result or anything but just because it was a playoff, if we get a result in the first leg who knows what can happen etc. Got the stream set up and was looking forward to seeing what we could do. I should've known better I know...

2 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

It wasn't a Saturday but based on that Stirling away game I was actually quite excited for the Annan play off game. Not so much in that I was expecting a result or anything but just because it was a playoff, if we get a result in the first leg who knows what can happen etc. Got the stream set up and was looking forward to seeing what we could do. I should've known better I know...

One of the worst viewing experiences ever, it was embarrassing how easily Annan had us figured out.

40 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Does anyone remember a time when you’d wake up on a Saturday excited for our game? Nope, me neither.

It’s just a chore now that you do cos you’ve done it for so long. I look forward to going to work more than going to a game now. 😞 

30 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

26 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

One of the worst viewing experiences ever, it was embarrassing how easily Annan had us figured out.

I went to watch the Lehman Brothers play that night instead. Didn't think the tie would be over by the first intermission.

That Annan goal music is absolutely brutal, while we're at it. They properly blast it, too.

Edited by FifeSons

47 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

*sigh*

True, it was great both times we went ahead. Felt like properly big goals. Should've known better...

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

*sigh*

I noticed something last week at Stenny which was quite instructive.  For more than an hour the home support was pretty quiet whilst we were quiet vocal.  When the goal went in and then leading to and on the final whistle the GIRFUY from the home fans was very evident (and quite entitled), which suggests that apart from them winning the game we are still held as a scalp worth taking.

It's a minor tragedy that we likely won't begin to live up to that reputation until at least after May 2025.

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I noticed something last week at Stenny which was quite instructive.  For more than an hour the home support was pretty quiet whilst we were quiet vocal.  When the goal went in and then leading to and on the final whistle the GIRFUY from the home fans was very evident (and quite entitled), which suggests that apart from them winning the game we are still held as a scalp worth taking.

It's a minor tragedy that we likely won't begin to live up to that reputation until at least after May 2025.

Looking at our fellow League 2 inmates I think we are the club to have most recently played a couple of League's higher.

It feels like a distant memory sadly.

f**k sake boys, I’m depressed after reading this thread this morning. Get a few beers down you and enjoy your Saturday afternoon win, lose or draw. Vent your frustrations on here when we inevetibly make an arse of it and don’t let it ruin your weekend. Remember it’s just 22 daft guys kicking a wee white sphere around a narrow tottie field. 

The second-half of the 2018-19 season was probably the last time I spent all week absolutely buzzing to see us play.

The turnaround after a difficult season and a half. Duffy giving us fresh hope, a team with characters and plenty of quality. The fact we were in a battle that we were winning - albeit one against relegation that we shouldn't have found ourselves in that season. Players like Dom Thomas, Calum Gallagher and Ross Forbes all scoring double figures. The sort of guys you happily pay money to watch.

A bit like the second-half of 2016/17, I would've loved to see that team under that management play the whole season. We would've been a good shout for a return to the Championship if they had.

7 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

No weegie's here Slippy

Sons of The Rock 

I know, just tripping with you. You do speak like then, ken

Anyway handshake, good game, play tuff, play for the win.

Beer at the end,?

54 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Looking at our fellow League 2 inmates I think we are the club to have most recently played a couple of League's higher.

It feels like a distant memory sadly.

I’d think only us and Clyde have played at Championship level