Minutes by Scottish players

Motherwell, who I'm a bit biased towards, think have a decent record for giving youngsters game time over the years. Have had a couple of "next big things" plucked from our academy by a few team (rangers took a few of them) only to never hear of them again. 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Motherwell, who I'm a bit biased towards, think have a decent record for giving youngsters game time over the years. Have had a couple of "next big things" plucked from our academy by a few team (rangers took a few of them) only to never hear of them again. 

I think Bailey Rice is the next one we have high hopes for that was recruited from you guys.

Became our youngest ever player when he made his debut last season and by all accounts is highly thought of but I think Clement was hinting at a loan opportunity next season to get him regular game time.

34 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

31 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think Bailey Rice is the next one we have high hopes for that was recruited from you guys.

Became our youngest ever player when he made his debut last season and by all accounts is highly thought of but I think Clement was hinting at a loan opportunity next season to get him regular game time.

Aye.

Clearly I've no love for Rangers and I'm not sure what the recruitment is like at the earlier academy levels as far as hoovering up talent goes but anecdotally it's felt like it's been PL/EFL academies that have been more of a problem for us than Celtic taking Paul Slane off us or Rangers picking up Bailey Rice and, to a lesser extent, Jake Hastie given we actually got a short turn out of him (and we got our £350k).

Although when you look at the minutes Lennon Miller is getting you kind of feel like Rice could absolutely have had the same sort of involvement seeing as they were both part of the same group and he's also really good.

Then again, the boy's staunch so it is what it is.

As I say, you look at Ben Hall (Brighton), Robbie Leitch (Burnley), Stuart McKinstry (Leeds), Reece McAlear (Norwich), Ali Gould (Watford), Tom Leighton (Watford) all left pretty early having at best made a handful of first team appearances, most of them none at all.

50 minutes ago, AJF said:

Aye Bailey Rice was the first name that came to mind, would have been a first team regular by now but at least his dad gets to wear his blazer in the lounges.

20 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye.

Clearly I've no love for Rangers and I'm not sure what the recruitment is like at the earlier academy levels as far as hoovering up talent goes but anecdotally it's felt like it's been PL/EFL academies that have been more of a problem for us than Celtic taking Paul Slane off us or Rangers picking up Bailey Rice and, to a lesser extent, Jake Hastie given we actually got a short turn out of him (and we got our £350k).

Although when you look at the minutes Lennon Miller is getting you kind of feel like Rice could absolutely have had the same sort of involvement seeing as they were both part of the same group and he's also really good.

Then again, the boy's staunch so it is what it is.

As I say, you look at Ben Hall (Brighton), Robbie Leitch (Burnley), Stuart McKinstry (Leeds), Reece McAlear (Norwich), Ali Gould (Watford), Tom Leighton (Watford) all left pretty early having at best made a handful of first team appearances, most of them none at all.

Motherwell do have a decent record for developing players but they also seem to have a knack of getting some decent cash for young players before they get found out a bit like some of the ones you mentioned.  I know people rated him on here but James Scott was one I was surprised to go for the amount he did. 

Hearts were generally playing 10 under 23s and Jamie McDonald for season 2013/14 so our total for that season would have been about 34,000 minutes

Which is probably more than all the subsequent seasons put together

It was an interesting natural experiment and it was great to see so many young players developing so quickly but I wouldn't recommend combining it with a 15 point penalty

17 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Kilmarnock started the game with four Scots, so I'm not sure of your point there.

I still do not know the ages but Kilmarnock have  played the most Scots in the premiership this season so it is good they are doing so well .

Celtic usually play MacGregor, and maybe Taylor ? Although it was their lack of successful finishing that was the problem. 

17 minutes ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I still do not know the ages but Kilmarnock have  played the most Scots in the premiership this season so it is good they are doing so well .

Celtic usually play MacGregor, and maybe Taylor ? Although it was their lack of successful finishing that was the problem. 

95 minutes for Scottish players aged 23 and younger at the weekend (not including injury time). 90 for Mayo. 5 for Watson.