2 hours ago, Aufc said:

The beauty of the league where are Ayr’s bitches whilst raith are our bitches. Strange league but I do enjoy it 

I love that, of all the iterations your rabble has used in the last generation, you've chosen a screen-name that actually refers to a team who've taken 9 (nine) points off you this season

4 hours ago, mugen_power said:

I love that, of all the iterations your rabble has used in the last generation, you've chosen a screen-name that actually refers to a team who've taken 9 (nine) points off you this season

Aye couldn’t be fucked changing it when we changed our name back from airdrie United. You seem to have our number this season annoyingly

Fwiw I think Airdrie actually played well yesterday but gifted Ayr their goals. Dowds simply won’t have easier goals given to him this season. Just shows how big a miss Fordyce is when he’s not available - clearly he is an massive component behind the organisation of our defence - and his absence most likely forced our hand into playing Ballantyne when he’s not quite up to full speed yet. I think if Fordyce plays, we win that match.

Fair play to Ayr, they certainly do have our number this season. Hopefully we can do them over at Somerset on the telly next month to stop a whitewash.

3 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Fair play to Ayr, they certainly do have our number this season. 

I'm not one of those folk who's going to knock your style of play. That's what suits the players you have. However, it can be vulnerable to a good press as our first two goals showed.

In the second half we improved our shape and you played in front of us a lot without troubling the keeper too much.  I'd have been more concerned you'd been hitting the bye-line more.

7 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Fwiw I think Airdrie actually played well yesterday but gifted Ayr their goals. Dowds simply won’t have easier goals given to him this season. Just shows how big a miss Fordyce is when he’s not available - clearly he is an massive component behind the organisation of our defence - and his absence most likely forced our hand into playing Ballantyne when he’s not quite up to full speed yet. I think if Fordyce plays, we win that match.

Fair play to Ayr, they certainly do have our number this season. Hopefully we can do them over at Somerset on the telly next month to stop a whitewash.

I took this game in yesterday as a neutral and this is spot on.  Airdrie did play well, but those goals!!!!!  The third was a sickener to lose (almost as bad as Stranraer's 65 years lob at Stair Park last Saturday).  Rae handled the ball out of his area and was rightly booked. The whistle was blown for a free kick, which Ayr exploited big time. A shame that Rae and others sought to remonstrate with the ref after the whistle giving Ayr that empty net.  In my many years of football, I have yet to see a referee say:- :On no!  I'm being surrounded by petulant players here. I will change my mind".  Stupid stupid goal to concede!  Rae was also well at fault for the first goal too.  Is he up to that standard?

Felt sorry for your man, Watson, I think is was for losing the ball for the second goal. Otherwise I thought he was a great player.  Your no5 in particular was a class act.  

From a neutral point of view, the first half was a belter.  At least as good as the faith Rovers v Dundee United game on the telly on Friday night.  The second half was scrappy and untidy.  Were I an Airdrie fan, I'd be mad at the chucking away of points like that. That game was there for the winning. 

I think some Ayr fans have a bit more animosity towards Airdrie than is entirely necessary, but it's still been fun to keep beating them this year. Kept me going through the last dark days of the Bullen regime.

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

I think some Ayr fans have a bit more animosity towards Airdrie than is entirely necessary, but it's still been fun to keep beating them this year. Kept me going through the last dark days of the Bullen regime.

I have no animosity towards Airdrie. In fact, I wish them well in their endeavours. It can't be easy being a part-time team in a full-time league but they have generally competed admirably.

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

I have no animosity towards Airdrie. In fact, I wish them well in their endeavours. It can't be easy being a part-time team in a full-time league but they have generally competed admirably.

There's definitely some people who still have their noses out of joint over the crossbar snapping, badge killing and various other provocations. I agree with your position.

Just now, Iain said:

There's definitely some people who still have their noses out of joint over the crossbar snapping, badge killing and various other provocations. I agree with your position.

The first football match I ever attended involved the old Airdrieonians.

A crossbar is a crossbar and I actually prefer the new badge.

At half-time Ayr were sitting 9th, some 45 mins later they were 5th, what a league!

Three really bad goals to lose but credit to Ayr who were clinical in punishing our errors, also at 3-2 they were trying to kill the game with another goal rather than taking the ball to the corner to run down the clock.

Given how well the defence has been playing I thought at the time Fordyce could be a big miss and so it proved.

59 minutes ago, Iain said:

Awktt who cares, football rivalry is good and healthy imo. Taking that away and you’d be better watching rugby imo. 

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Awktt who cares, football rivalry is good and healthy imo. Taking that away and you’d be better watching rugby imo. 

God forbid! 😄

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, there is the pantomime element to it all as well. I refer to them as fascists and some I assume are good people.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, there is the pantomime element to it all as well. I refer to them as fascists and some I assume are good people.

The goals Airdrie conceded yesterday were certainly "++ Deary Me" moments.

3 hours ago, Iain said:

Screen-Shot-2018-03-20-at-215438.png

4 hours ago, Iain said:

The animosity has dissipated quite a lot after barely playing against them for years. It’s just quite funny how wound up so many of them get at some rather innocuous posts from Ayr fans.