49 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Nobody in the Highland League have the Bronze license......nobody can go up.

If a team want to, they can apply for a grace period where they will then be given time to meet the licensing criteria.

Or teams can do a Buckie and essentially forfeit the right to promotion. Which I guess is totally up to them, but it looks very small-time.

On 23/04/2024 at 07:13, GallowayBlue said:

What happened to everyone saying that teams without a bronze (?) licence couldn't be promoted to League 2 this season?

I assume it was an overreaction?

That answers my question. No overreaction!

11 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

2018 with the mass of clubs left to the EoS, SFA membership applications were frozen and only opened up again in October.

image.thumb.png.d693a02437c6180f868257b38369a5e0.png

At that point floodlights were rumoured as an upcoming change but were not part of 2018 criteria and 2019 criteria hadn't been published yet. Wouldn't come out until December which is when some clubs started to get their audits.

image.thumb.png.b2615c827d53e8e09629e9ab00fe3db1.png

image.thumb.png.100cf7621bac7f388e4e792b6274d91b.png

So yeah, there were a number of clubs that were caught out short notice on their initial audits. Things would rumble on into May/June? As there were something like 6 clubs that ticked all the boxes but floodlights. Bonnyrigg getting to install them summer 2019 but still gain promotion to the Lowland League.

I mean this pretty much confirms that teams weren't just given 10 days to comply, you mention it rumbles on for months and some clubs such as Bonnyrigg got to install them later. 

I see Buckie are outraged that they've been booted out. So outraged that they're going to do nothing about it. 

9 hours ago, BFTD said:

If a reserve team finishes top of the Lowland League, the play-off spot goes to the runner-up, right?

Other than "we never agreed on it", I dunno why the same wouldn't be true when the Highland League champions aren't eligible for promotion.

The B teams are not member clubs,, only guest teams.

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I don't believe I mentioned postponements at all, however the state of your pitch at a Broomhill game is the worst I have seen at any level for many, many years. I believe there are pictures on here somewhere of it.

Complain to Broomhill and Dumbarton FC then and stop going down a rabbit hole on a thread with hee-haw to do with pitch conditions.

31 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If Buckie are that outraged and have proof that the SPFL are at it, why on earth are they just accepting the outcome? 

First I heard of this was reading their statement, and it comes across as a half arsed attempt to deflect blame when they know they have no real grounds for complaint.

Whether that's actually the case I've no idea, but that's how the statement comes across. A half-baked explanation of what happened followed by a meek acceptance.

10 hours ago, BFTD said:

If a reserve team finishes top of the Lowland League, the play-off spot goes to the runner-up, right?

Other than "we never agreed on it", I dunno why the same wouldn't be true when the Highland League champions aren't eligible for promotion.

The pedantic reasoning is that the playoff is to be competed by the lowland league champions and the highland league champions. B teams can’t be named as champions of the lowland league therefore the highest placed non B team would then be named as the lowland league champions in the situation a B team finished top of the league.  this is covered in the rules and was agreed by all parties

There are no rules in place that say a league can nominate a non champion team for a playoff spot or that if a team is not eligible for promotion it gets passed on.

Same issue happened last season in the west of Scotland premier where Beith won the league but don’t have an SFA license so couldn’t compete in the playoff round robin for promotion to tier 5. Looks like they will win it again this year and the same thing will happen again. WOSL premier also don’t have the power to nominate the highest ranked licensed team although that may be the way forward.

Edited by Ocelot1877

We've got a team who've failed to meet the criteria - and are giving off the vibe that they don't actually want promotion - and another sugar daddy club who play at a leisure centre.

Not a great advert for the pyramid tbh.

If a reserve team is not allowed to be promoted , surely the league runner up ,  and holding a bronze licence, would enter the playoffs.  I cannot understand how Brechin have not now been placed into the play off position. An absolute disgrace for the football authorities and Buckle Thistle to allow this to happen. 

Trying to get through all of this thread and getting my head around it thinking. Ffs what is Clyde potentially falling into.

Regarding failure to get the licensing award.  It is safe to say that the only thing Buckie haven’t done is, employed a doctor?

Now is this true, how does this work regarding a doctor attending games?

When playing at a home game I take it  there must be a doctor from the home club but then what happens if the doctor is unwell or can’t make the game for any reason, does this mean the game cannot go ahead.   Do they also have to have a first aider replace or should there be another doctor?  This has never been required for that level or am I wrong?  These clubs are also part time football clubs, making them employ a doctor I think is ludicrous.

Obviously there has to be a standard to reach each level of our football pyramid but common sense says the doctor stuff just is not playing the game.  Maybe the first aider should go through some extra curriculum to further their first aid to cover at most but that should be it.     We have to make it fair for all levels and from the outside we would be the envy of every country but alas I’m sure we are not.

If Buckie did not bother trying to get a doctor then that’s their prerogative  and sounds as if they are happy as such just to win the league, a bit disappointing if being honest but the barrier has been put up.  Have they covered every other part of the bronze license except the doctor cause as far as I can tell, the NHS are struggling to keep doctors or find doctors so not much hope for part time football clubs.

Oh and forgot to add, I take it Buckie, like any team applying for a license were inspected and then informed of everything they had to do to gain a license but then 10 months ago they and everyone else was informed that they had to all employ a doctors.    Is that not quite a short time to get their house in order?   Sounds a bit dodgy from the authorities, is it SPFL or SFA who want this or is organised together?, excuse my ignorance 

Thinking more of this, it gets worse, just realising what about clubs in the Highland league and lowland in rural areas, must be a nightmare trying to gain a bronze license as doctors may be sparse in these areas 

Edited by Peechy

51 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

We've got a team who've failed to meet the criteria - and are giving off the vibe that they don't actually want promotion - and another sugar daddy club who play at a leisure centre.

Not a great advert for the pyramid tbh.

There should 100% be a ‘good vibes’ criteria for gaining promotion. EK seem like c***s who’ll be a shite addition to the leagues, get them to f**k and promote Linlithgow instead. 

It is ridiculous that lower league clubs have to employ a Doctor to attend games but that is a rule at the moment, and clubs are well aware of this. Fully qualified first raiders surely are sufficient backed up by ambulance if required.

Prior to next season, the SFA , Highland and Lowland league's must publish details of clubs who hold Bronze licences, clubs who will achieve licences prior to the season finishing and also clubs who have no intention of ever meeting the requirements. 

We should not have another instance of a club being so badly treated as Brechin ever again, and I am a For far fan.

Just now, terracingtam said:

We should not have another instance of a club being so badly treated as Brechin ever again, and I am a For far fan.

In what way have Brechin been treated badly? They fucked both their place in the SPFL and their opportunity at a playoff back into it entirely on footballing merit.

12 minutes ago, terracingtam said:

It is ridiculous that lower league clubs have to employ a Doctor to attend games but that is a rule at the moment, and clubs are well aware of this. Fully qualified first raiders surely are sufficient backed up by ambulance if required.

Prior to next season, the SFA , Highland and Lowland league's must publish details of clubs who hold Bronze licences, clubs who will achieve licences prior to the season finishing and also clubs who have no intention of ever meeting the requirements. 

Does the doctor even need to attend games? I don't think I've ever seen a doctor called into action at a game, first aiders and physios take care of that. I think club doctors are more there for the aftermath of injuries or issues with players. 

People say it's crazy that part time clubs are required to do this but every part time club in the national leagues has done it for years without anyone complaining. It's not a difficult thing to get a private doctor on a contract. If it was a proper barrier for clubs they'd all be pushing to change the rule. Buckie are at it.

1 hour ago, terracingtam said:

If a reserve team is not allowed to be promoted , surely the league runner up ,  and holding a bronze licence, would enter the playoffs.  I cannot understand how Brechin have not now been placed into the play off position. An absolute disgrace for the football authorities and Buckle Thistle to allow this to happen. 

A B team can’t be named champions and therefore can’t be entered into the playoff from the lowland league. Would be interesting to see the situation if it should arise where a 2nd or 3rd placed team are named as champions and put forward for the playoff

If Brechin were to be made eligible for the spot they would need to be named champions of the Highland League. 

Edited by Ocelot1877