🔵🔴Inverness vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 -17th February 2024

9 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Big Duncs record for us is actually pretty solid for the championship. By no means spectacular but I think if you used his wins/losses/draws over the course of a season it would be fighting for the playoffs at the right end of the table. The utter disaster of a start has just made every negative result we have now look so much worse.

This is the thing people tend to forget, after 6 games we had 1 point. If the league started when Dunc took over we’d be 5th currently (if my auntie had baws etc). 
Don’t get me wrong some of the performances have been hopeless but we’ve come a long way from being bottom of the league after 6 games. 

Just watched the highlights and you could legitimately blame Sneddon for all 3 Inverness goals, 2 trundlers and flapping at a corner. Defence has to do better as well. 

Inverness won't be happy with the defending for our goals as well, poor clearing header for the first, falling asleep at a free kick (tho credit to Robinson for being switched on) to give away the penalty for the second and there were 5 consecutive headers in the box before Graham volleyed the third. 

Never a red card either, McBeth does duck his head down a bit so Andersons foot is still higher than it should be, and it is a foul and maybe a yellow but nowhere near enough force for a red. 

Big Brian's post match interview summed up the feelings of most Jags fans this am...scoring three away from home and not picking up three points is just not acceptable against a struggling ICT.

Doolan is a relatively young manager learning his trade.However, everyone in the Championship knows we have a wobbly defence that can't deal with cross balls/set pieces in and around our box and needs urgent attention .I am sure he'll have felt the mood post match without having  watched BBGs interview , but he really needs to get his big boy pants on and sort the rot out .

Sneddon should be dropped for the next match, Doolan’s now got two other viable options on the bench to choose from (unless Ross Stewart has improved from a few years ago it’ll probably be Mitchell), Jamie can’t complain he hasn’t been given a good chance this season even when he’s had a poor game the manager has stuck with him. 

Brian Graham’s post match interview was spot on, 2 irritating things; the first that we score 3 away from home but don’t win, and secondly we’ve yet again failed to properly capitalise on one of the team’s above dropping points. 

Edited by JagsCG

That defending for Thistle's 1st and 3rd goals.

image.jpeg.b400425690333711f176565d099c0901.jpeg

Also I'm pishing at the red card seeing it back.  It's not even a yellow.

Sneddon doesn’t look great for any of the goals, but I’d probably only really blame him for the second, which is just weak, pathetic goalkeeping. Teams have learned that if you just stand someone next to him at set pieces he’ll get stuck behind them and end up flapping at the ball, resulting in easy finishes.

The first Caley is hilarious, we have about 5 players at RB and nobody on the whole left side of the field. An absolute clusterfuck. The third as well, nobody within about a mile of Shaw and he’s left with a tap in. Sneddon should probably cover his near post better, but the defensive shape and marking is tragic.

I’d agree that was never a red card.

30 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Sneddon doesn’t look great for any of the goals, but I’d probably only really blame him for the second, which is just weak, pathetic goalkeeping. Teams have learned that if you just stand someone next to him at set pieces he’ll get stuck behind them and end up flapping at the ball, resulting in easy finishes.

The first Caley is hilarious, we have about 5 players at RB and nobody on the whole left side of the field. An absolute clusterfuck. The third as well, nobody within about a mile of Shaw and he’s left with a tap in. Sneddon should probably cover his near post better, but the defensive shape and marking is tragic.

I’d agree that was never a red card.

I text my mate who couldn’t make the game yesterday and I described Kerr’s goal as ‘Raith-esque defending against Airdrie last week’ I couldn’t believe how much space he had. 

The second half was fucking horrible. We scored 2 goals but looked like conceding every time Thistle had possession. They should’ve got more than 3 yesterday imo.

35 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That red card :lol: surely we can appeal that nonsense? 

These refereeing abberations usually have a habit of balancing themselves out over the course of season. Not worth getting hot and bothered about IMHO.

Just watched the whole game.   Harsh red.   Maybe I'm being a bit Sunday League/alehouse football here with the Caley second, but I was always told to stop the attacker getting in front of your keeper.  Their third was just scrappy.  However, glad to see a fight back.  The cameos from the subs were pleasing.  Robinson with the awareness to take a few steps back, to head the ball back into the crowded area.  O'Reilly being vocal, talking to the ref and looking confident and raring to go.  The Morton draw was helpful.

Edited by Red Kite

On 17/02/2024 at 22:11, paddymcp said:

Why has O'Reilly barely featured since signing? He was probably the best defender in the league in the first half of the season and yet is deemed inferior to Muirhead. Me thinks Kris needs to show some ()()'s and drop his mate. 

He played in six games across December and January, incidentally none of them clean sheets. Bit of stretch to call him the best defender in the league on that basis.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

He played in six games across December and January, incidentally none of them clean sheets. Bit of stretch to call him the best defender in the league on that basis.

I wouldn’t even have him as the best defender in our squad (which is Lewis Neilson, by a mile)